9AA

flip

My preseason picks.

1. CPA - pretty easy choice

2. Maplewood - Size and talent

3. East Lit - good guards can control the ball

4. Pearl - biggest mover in the district. Best freshmen in town and transfers too.

5. Whites Creek - better than the rest but they lost a lot they should have gone farther last year. Transfersbwill help.

6. Lipscomb bringing back that Meyer mentality don't have the players just yet.

7. MLK - have a chance to Beat 2-6 any given night.

8. Stratford - a little better than last year. New blood on the bench

9. Hume-Fogg - bad

'OffTheRecord' and mos def 'off this district'...

Dad you are correct! My bad!

1. Macon Co. Easy choice

2. Goodpasture much improved but losing McClain hurts

3. Sycamore new coach but still expect to win

4. White House lost a lot but have to be better than the rest

5. Greenbrier not sure if they really have the players to compete

6. Westmoreland easy choice

1and 6 are locks. 2 thru 5 are a crap shoot

Dad I'm onthedistrict

Dad you are correct! My bad!

1. Macon Co. Easy choice

2. Goodpasture much improved but losing McClain hurts

3. Sycamore new coach but still expect to win

4. White House lost a lot but have to be better than the rest

5. Greenbrier not sure if they really have the players to compete

6. Westmoreland easy choice

1and 6 are locks. 2 thru 5 are a crap shoot

Dad I'm onthedistrict

you are right for the most part macon will win but the rest is a toss up i dont see goodpasture getting 2nd place they are better at 3rd because white house with there size could over whelm the cougars and i see greenbrier sneaking into regions i know they have no exceptional players but a decent senior class lead by guard tyler thacker with his athleticism and basketball iq that could give greenbrier the edge to make them district contenders not pretenders

you are right for the most part macon will win but the rest is a toss up i dont see goodpasture getting 2nd place they are better at 3rd because white house with there size could over whelm the cougars and i see greenbrier sneaking into regions i know they have no exceptional players but a decent senior class lead by guard tyler thacker with his athleticism and basketball iq that could give greenbrier the edge to make them district contenders not pretenders

If Thacker will play 100. Him Darryl Crouch and Jalen Hunter are the most athletic in the district.

First off this team will be lead by Connor Peach. Peach will lead 9aa in points this year as long as Grace is actually guarded this year. As for the 'guard' Tacker he has nothing but speed off the ball. If I rember correctly he didn't make but maybe one 3 all last year. I still see GB with a few surprise W's this year in district.

First off this team will be lead by Connor Peach. Peach will lead 9aa in points this year as long as Grace is actually guarded this year. As for the 'guard' Tacker he has nothing but speed off the ball. If I rember correctly he didn't make but maybe one 3 all last year. I still see GB with a few surprise W's this year in district.

Well 4 wins. I give a surprise win to wh winning over Goodpasture.. Edited by venomenom

thaker doesnt shoot the 3 well but i heard he has been bulking up specifically for this season

Thacker is not that good. He is average at best. Bulking up will help but there are not enough pieces for this team to get to the next level. I still believe they are #5 in the district. Everyone knows Peach shoots the 3-ball but what else does he bring? Suspect ball handling and not a good defender.

May I ask, who is going to guard Grace? I do not believe there is anyone who can guard him except Dick from Sycamore- they match up like last year (but I don't think Dick stopped him).

1. Macon Co.- the 3 some is too strong

2. Sycamore- play hard/solid core back and if they stay healthy

3. White House- 1-3-1 is tough with their length

4. Goodpasture- a lot of guards- can they guard it(not sure about the coaching)

5. Greenbrier- Not enough talent/size

6. Westmoreland- graduated 5 seniors? Wow, this could be a long season!

Edited by captnoname

The injury to J.R. Brown will hurt Greenbrier the most unless he's recovered in time for B-ball. He was going to be the motor that made them go. Nick Young has the ability to have a big game if he is overlooked by his opponets. Brown was really looking good in summer ball and was ready to bust out at the varsity level. Greenbrier still will finish no better than 5th in the District.

Thacker is not that good. He is average at best. Bulking up will help but there are not enough pieces for this team to get to the next level. I still believe they are #5 in the district. Everyone knows Peach shoots the 3-ball but what else does he bring? Suspect ball handling and not a good defender.

May I ask, who is going to guard Grace? I do not believe there is anyone who can guard him except Dick from Sycamore- they match up like last year (but I don't think Dick stopped him).

1. Macon Co.- the 3 some is too strong

2. Sycamore- play hard/solid core back and if they stay healthy

3. White House- 1-3-1 is tough with their length

4. Goodpasture- a lot of guards- can they guard it(not sure about the coaching)

5. Greenbrier- Not enough talent/size

6. Westmoreland- graduated 5 seniors? Wow, this could be a long season!

White House will capture the District with their fearsome foursome!!!