Best Senior players in West TN

Guest gorillaball

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by BrettDawson:

I live in Jackson and have seen Utley pitch....the only way he throws 94 is if he is in a car going 94 and he rolls down the window and drops the ball out beside the car.

Utley has been clocked at over 90. So 91 or 94 or whatever...that is still pretty fair for a high school kid wouldn`t you say BrettDawson?

VG

I`ve got my STAR!...Where`s your`s?" :o

There is a BIG difference in 91 and 94. Most people see 85 and say he is throwing 90. So 90 must be like 100 and 94 would be...well 115. Utley doesn't throw as hard as Ben Howard did when he was at JCM. I don't doubt that "Chief" was clocked at 91 last summer in the heat with Dulin's but I do doubt that he is throwing 94 right now. If he is throwing 94 now, then he is some freak of nature to make a 10-12 MPH jump over 12 months as he was working between 82-85 last year at this time. It just doesn't seem logical, but hey, who says baseball is logical. If he is throwing 94, then I applaud him will among the first to call my contacts in the Pros to get him signed. 94 mph as a high school senior means he will more than likely be a first round draft pick. And if so, then he is going to be a very, very rich young man.

the beave, I would also like to know this. I play at bartlett and we have had 2 pratcices outside since we made cuts. We oughta be good, but we could have as many as 6-7 underclassmen play big roles this season. We have 6 seniors 2 of whom figure to be big players on our team this year, Chris South and Chase Hardin. We have 1 power hitter in the bunch(chris), and no true speed guy. Though chris and chase are both very good pitchers. I have been working out with chris since oct. and i would say he can be clocked in the 85 range this year, pitching. chase also should be in that range though it will be tuff for him coming straight off of abasketball and being thrust rigth into the middle of baseball season

well i play at harding and we are very young but we are going to have very good pitchin.....with soph todd cox throwin 90 range and me throwin high 80's and a freshman lefty throwin about 80 i think we will be alright and we are gonna turn some heads this year i promise

[Edited by chippermha on 3-2-03 10:57P]