Daniel Boone vs Elizabethon

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you just love people who throw out an outrageous opinion that everyone on Coach T knows would not happen.

Ah welcome to football time in the Big 8. This ain't nothing, The South DB rants are classics, I throw the Boone stuff around because I get some good football talk usually, but with South and DB it is about 30 pages of smack talk then after the game another 20 pages of HAHA!

I'm wondering how Boone did tonight in the jamboree.

lol yeah. We got our share in the 3A threads lol Johnson County, some Greeneville, Alcoa, Elizabethton are the main culprits lol The only people I personally go to war with are Happy Valley and Johnson County people lol

I hope Boone did well though in their jamboree.

Edited by EHSTrack06

Ah welcome to football time in the Big 8. This ain't nothing, The South DB rants are classics, I throw the Boone stuff around because I get some good football talk usually, but with South and DB it is about 30 pages of smack talk then after the game another 20 pages of HAHA!

I'm wondering how Boone did tonight in the jamboree.

They beat DC 12-0. The backs were impressive. Scored three touchdowns on one drive. Two were called back due to holding. The third time was the charm.

Other scores:

South 19 Central 0

THS 21 Volunteer 0

DB 7 Science Hill 0

Boone looked very solid on offense (of course it was against Crockett) but nonetheless still a solid showing from qb and tb's. Goin through some major growing pains though. 23 broke a nice 60 yard run called back for holding. Very next play 7 scrambled out of the pocket and into pay dirt 50 yards later only to be called back for clipping. The inexperience showed on D also. Crockett Broke a couple of big plays including a 50 yard run from Campbell. If elizabethon can get it past the interior it'll be a long night for the trailblazers. With all of this being said Duncan wasn't playing as he is coming off an injury. He is a huge asset to the Boone D. Also starters weren't in the whole quarter it was more of a rotation of 1st and 2nd string. So to analyze a quarter played during a jamboree is almost a waste of time. But all of these statements were made solely on what I seen last night regardless of what players were in the game. Next Friday should be a good game and a great start to a season for one team and an early road block for the other. As for who will walk away with the w....your guess is as good as mine.

I know this is the wrong forum but do you by chance know how EHS did against Tazwell(I think)?

I believe it was 21-0 EHS after the third series. Tazwell was not very good. They looked good...had some size and decent looking skill kids...but were very rough around the edges. I'm not sure but I don't think they had a first down. The scrimmage was cut short because of the lightning.

Is this a serious post or a joke? Hard to read the intention there...

No just playing around, I see this guy post on a Dobyns Bennett/Sullivan South forum all the time about a score that was 44-0 that was like 500 years ago or something so I always kid around about Crockett beating someone 44-0. lol. Just a little humor, no pun intended.

I believe it was 21-0 EHS after the third series. Tazwell was not very good. They looked good...had some size and decent looking skill kids...but were very rough around the edges. I'm not sure but I don't think they had a first down. The scrimmage was cut short because of the lightning.

Tazwell was held to -3 for the game. Elizabethton took out the starters after the first series. Saving them for the Jamboree tonight. The freshmen team took the ball down and scored before the game was called. Tazwell on the other hand only had 3 practices due to them starting later in VA. Elizabethton needs more PT against some bigger schools. Not abel to gage how they will be until they play some better teams maybe they are just that good.