Metro Nashville Football

asiatic2412

Wondering on the take of Metro this year. Doesn't seem to be any good teams out there from what I'm hearing.

Antioch-new offense, could be playoff team due to weak schedule and drop to 5a. Heard they have some transfers that could help.

Cane Ridge-the Abner experiment continues, best player is in Smyrna, lost some kids to Antioch, I predict maybe 2 wins

East Lit- Wilson doing a good job with the resources available. Should contend for a playoff spot.

Glencliff- Really

Hillsboro- haven't heard much on the Burros, should be better as they grow into the coach's system

Hillwood- See Glencliff

Hunters Lane-New coach,still will not do much, better luck next year.

Maplewood-Best metro team hands down, will once again compete for state championship

McGavock-loss a number of players but will contend for a playoff spot

Overton-Always a good team under Anderson. Will probably be District champ

Pearl-Cohn-tends to have a good team every year

Stratford-not very good

Whites Creek-see Stratford

Edited by asiatic2412

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maplewood and Pearl-Cohn are ALWAYS going to be good competing in the Class AA level. East Literature had a strong year in '10 but they are going to have to continue to grow being a new football program.

Antioch

Hunters Lane

Hillwood

Glencliff

Cane Ridge

McGavock

Overton

Aside from Overton I would say that any of the other teams listed above are going to have a good year "every once in a while". Overton is always going to be in the hunt but they'll still never measure up to the level of the Williamson County Schools (i.e. Brentwood & Franklin).

Stratford has been horrible for several years now. I don't know why they haven't enjoyed success at the AA level like Pearl-Cohn & Maplewood have enjoyed.

Whites Creek's biggest problem has been the turnover at the head coaching position. The Cobras can't seem to keep a head football coach in place for an extended period of time which has hurt their consistency. They have a GREAT YEAR it seems 1 out of every 3 years (or so...) but they'll follow with 2-3 bad years due to the turnover at the leadership position. Scott Murray will do a good job at the Creek but will he stay once he has a little success?

Hillsboro's problem is Overton's "Playoff Problem". The bad news for Hillsboro is that they have to play in the Williamson County Schools District during the regular season. They'll struggle until they get placed back in a district with MNPS schools.

Here’s my take on Metro football:

McGavock goes 6-4 losing to Tullahoma, Mt. Juliet, Franklin, and Overton.

Overton goes 9-1 losing to either Father Ryan or David Lipscomb. They could easily go 10-0 and just as easily go 7-3 if they start to lose players. They do not have depth.

Cane Ridge goes 5-5. I just do not see the Ravens going anywhere until they actually start to gel as a team. Way too much talent last year without much to show for it.

Antioch goes 7-3. The schedule is in their favor to make the playoffs. 5A really suits this team well and they could make some noise if they get hot.

Glencliff goes back down hill. They had started to be at least competitive but with the new coach they fall again.

Hillwood will be better but will still be Hillwood.

Maplewood goes 8-1 losing to Riverdale. Maplewood will be a strong contender and like someone said arguably the best Metro team.

Pearl Cohn will do well and probably goes 7-3 making the playoffs.

East Lit continues to improve going 6-4 and could make the playoffs as a wild card team.

Stratford probably will do good to win 3 games this year.

Whites Creek will do better. Could not do much worse than last year.

Early looks indicate that the Overton Bobcats are once again at top of Metro Football. McGavock is probably the next best big school in Metro with the Panthers as the top of the smaller metro schools. Other than the defensive end from McGavock, who are Division I caliber metro football players with real official offers?

Edited by 12NCS

Early looks indicate that the Overton Bobcats are once again at top of Metro Football. McGavock is probably the next best big school in Metro with the Panthers as the top of the smaller metro schools. Other than the defensive end from McGavock, who are Division I caliber metro football players with real official offers?

I'd be willing to beat that Trevon Miles has some offers. That guy is a beast in every definition of the word. Pearl-Cohn could have hung 60 on Hunters Lane the other night.

How did Saturday night's games go? I know that Glencliff played Ezell & East Literature played Cane Ridge.

Here’s my take on Metro football:

McGavock goes 6-4 losing to Tullahoma, Mt. Juliet, Franklin, and Overton.

Overton goes 9-1 losing to either Father Ryan or David Lipscomb. They could easily go 10-0 and just as easily go 7-3 if they start to lose players. They do not have depth.

Cane Ridge goes 5-5. I just do not see the Ravens going anywhere until they actually start to gel as a team. Way too much talent last year without much to show for it.

Antioch goes 7-3. The schedule is in their favor to make the playoffs. 5A really suits this team well and they could make some noise if they get hot.

Glencliff goes back down hill. They had started to be at least competitive but with the new coach they fall again.

Hillwood will be better but will still be Hillwood.

Maplewood goes 8-1 losing to Riverdale. Maplewood will be a strong contender and like someone said arguably the best Metro team.

Pearl Cohn will do well and probably goes 7-3 making the playoffs.

East Lit continues to improve going 6-4 and could make the playoffs as a wild card team.

Stratford probably will do good to win 3 games this year.

Whites Creek will do better. Could not do much worse than last year.

If Overton loses to Lipscomb, then they are pretty bad. I Saw Lipscomb scrimmage Beech, weakest Mustang team I have seen in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

Most teams have a couple of games in, seeing improvement in some teams, like Glencliff & Stratford, but still. Watched Antioch take a woodshed beating against Station Camp. Heard McGavock got taken behind that same shed, as well as Cane Ridge, Maplewood, Pearl-Cohn, and Hunters Lane. Glencliff, Hillwood, Hillsboro, & Overton congrats on the wins. Although Glencliff and Hillwood played extremely weak teams. Its been a while since Metro was not taken as a joke. Its a shame that most schools out of the county have some of these schools circled, or are have them for homecoming.