Knot that this meens Jack...but....

STARSNBARS

It means about as much as these scrimmages these guys are playing right now.....

SCrimmages mean a little more than u think, maybe not to your record, but to see where u need work on things.

Congrats to both teams, but Rivals has Prattville,Al #1 and said they will try to compete for a national title and ESPN has them #13, and said they will look to get inside the top 10.....

SCrimmages mean a little more than u think, maybe not to your record, but to see where u need work on things.

Congrats to both teams, but Rivals has Prattville,Al #1 and said they will try to compete for a national title and ESPN has them #13, and said they will look to get inside the top 10.....

The scrimmages are important....but it's more for the coaches and players to get on the same page as far as packages, play calling, substitutions, etc.... To hear fans reference what happened in a scrimmage I find a little bit trivial. JMHO.

Might not mean much to some, but it does to me. It means a program has sustained for a significantly long period of time that it has gained National recognition. That means that people from somewhere besides Tennessee have taken notice of a quality program. It might not mean much about who on that list could actually whip who......but it does mean that when Coach George and the Rebs are on the field, you had better strap it on! It is a testament that Maryville does it right. It means that it is an honor to tee it up against y'all, even if it means taken a whooping on occasion because if you can compete on par with Maryville, you know that you are doing things right as well.

Really hope to get the chance to play you guys this year! Last time we didn't provide much of a battle, but the good citizens of Kingsport have dipped into the gene pool to provide my Indians with a few more weapons! The National media declares that you guys are the measuring stick. I tend to agree with'em! Congrats on the ranking. Well earned and well deserved. Good luck this season, stay healthy and thanks for doing H.S. Football at the highest level.

I had forgotten about the Prevo kid at Maryville. He's just a sophomore if I remember correctly. I watched him light it up last year against Bearden. Him behind an experienced O Line and Robinette passing effeciently and tucking the ball when neccessary will make for one of the most explosive offenses in the state imo. This year's Alcoa/Maryville matchup is definitely must-see action.