Polk Vs Bradley

AquaWater

Would be great to hear some reports. EH has been hyped up some this preseason.

Word around Benton is that Coach Davis didn't decide until the next day, while mowing the field (good thinking, time of reflection), that EH must have been a fluke and he wouldn't have to murder the team that afternoon. It got their attention. Beware of EH.

:ph34r:

Edited by Yeehaw

Bradley 40 Polk 12...conservative final score.

Polk scored twice on Lenoir City's 3rd team while Bradley Central walked all over 4A favorite Signal Mountain. If Bradley Central is half as good as advertised this one will be over by the 2nd quarter. 40-12 is the most conservative score I can give in this one.

Anyone who saw Bradley tonight against Signal Mt knows that this is the best team in the tri-state area for 2011. Rue, Stovall, Justin, and Bryce will cake walk over Polk Co. Can we just go ahead and crown the Times Free Press Champions for 2011? GAME. OVER.

• Upvote 1

Polk scored twice on Lenoir City's 3rd team while Bradley Central walked all over 4A favorite Signal Mountain. If Bradley Central is half as good as advertised this one will be over by the 2nd quarter. 40-12 is the most conservative score I can give in this one.

Anyone who saw Bradley tonight against Signal Mt knows that this is the best team in the tri-state area for 2011. Rue, Stovall, Justin, and Bryce will cake walk over Polk Co. Can we just go ahead and crown the Times Free Press Champions for 2011? GAME. OVER.

boy are you way out in space, i would not say that bradley walked all over sm with a 13-14 win , and i dont think they will beat polk by a score like that ,

Actually Polk ran jus one play til they wanted to score. When they actually tried they scored when they wanted. Derrick wasn't there and they had the rotation mixed with backups. Don't take anything from Polks Jamboree. They may not be as dominant as last yr but trust they will be ready. The rb they couldn stop for Signal Polk has a bruiser probably better in Derek Saxe. He will never side step a defender he will barrel over them.

while Bradley Central walked all over 4A favorite Signal Mountain.

That is funny.... what did SM do to BC? If BC walked all over SM,,, then what do you call what SM did to BC? One constant in the threads about Bradley is that they can't stop the run... they couldnt stop the run last night....and Polk can run it better than what SM did last night. Does Bradley have a running game? Copelands accuracy, or lack of accuracy, was surprising. It will be a good game. Polk will control the clock, Bradley will have a big play or two.....no way it will be over by half time. But it will be a great game,, with 4000-5000 fans in the stands....Charlie cant wait

Edited by Charlie Murphy

That is funny.... what did SM do to BC? If BC walked all over SM,,, then what do you call what SM did to BC? One constant in the threads about Bradley is that they can't stop the run... they couldnt stop the run last night....and Polk can run it better than what SM did last night. Does Bradley have a running game? Copelands accuracy, or lack of accuracy, was surprising. It will be a good game. Polk will control the clock, Bradley will have a big play or two.....no way it will be over by half time. But it will be a great game,, with 4000-5000 fans in the stands....Charlie cant wait

Charlie SM's offense was very balanced as usual I think we had 92 yards passing and 83 rushing. A late hit on the QB by SM might have been the difference as it gave BC new life which they took advantage of. I'm not sure if we didn't have the threat of the pass that we would have been able to run all over BC. BC is a very good team and they will score points. They have a solid line that can protect the QB and if he is given time to throw he will find a receiver somewhere. The only problem I see for BC on offense is their apparent lack of a running game. I think they had -2 yards rushing last night. On D I think BC will be fine. My guess is against Polk they will sellout to stop the run. Will this work? Guess we will see Friday.

I see the score in the range of 28-21.

This is from an article in the Chatt. TFP this morning. "Signal Mountain outgained Bradley 165 yards to 113, its offense grinding out yards on hard running."

I wouldn't call that walking all over the Eagles. A missed extra point was the difference in the score and your post indicates a blowout. Get Real. I'd like to see the stats on penaltys last night because that is really where Signal Lost the Game. Several False starts and offsides penaltys early and a big roughing the passer penalty late that kept Bradleys drive alive when it was 3rd and about 13 near mid-field.

Bradley played a great quarter and should be congratulated. They are as advertised and should do well in their district. #6 is a good reciever and made some nice catches. Quarterback threw some good passes as well. I think Bradley should be able to handle Polk if the reports are true about their recent performances.

Actually Polk ran jus one play til they wanted to score. When they actually tried they scored when they wanted. Derrick wasn't there and they had the rotation mixed with backups. Don't take anything from Polks Jamboree. They may not be as dominant as last yr but trust they will be ready. The rb they couldn stop for Signal Polk has a bruiser probably better in Derek Saxe. He will never side step a defender he will barrel over them.

I hope you know that when LC first string D line and Linebackers (secondary was 2nd string) was in you went 3 and out and then threw a pick the next drive. You scored on LC's 3rd string with your 1st string so I wouldn't say when you actually tried you scored when you wanted to. LC also didn't play their starting QB, RB, or Wr. The QB that threw 2 TD passes was their 3rd string QB against your 1's. If Bradley can throw the ball and stop #39 (Bruiser of a back) it could get ugly.