Tennessean Talks District 11

mackbrown

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Centennial is on the rise. Terrific coaching staff (basically 3 head coaches plus some talented assistance), a growing fan base, and overall excitement in the school has Centennial on the way up. I don't know if they will overtake BHS or FHS but they are ahead of Indy and R'wood.

You should have gone to Franklin or Brentwood from what it sounds like, did little Timmy not get any playtime! Your a disgrace to your school! You should be so proud!

You must of not understood me/must always think people on here have a biased view of schools. *if you don't know what biased means look it up please* I went to Indy, and no I didn't play football, 'little Timmy' here didn't get playing time for baseball, lol. But anyways what I meant was that Indy boys, like most senior guys in high school, always are stuck up and blind to anybodys team and think their team will win. Trust me I felt that way when I was a student, I was proud of the friends I knew on the team and now I am proud of the players I do know on the team. Don't get me wrong I liked going to Indy (It is just a whole other story about Dr. Campbell and Dyson) but once you graduate and see the current seniors talk about how awesome your team is and how they are going to 'wax that a$$' when they 'beat' Blackman and their 'overated running back', you can't help but laugh and think dang was I that stupid my senior year? lol I probably was, because I was young.

You must of not understood me/must always think people on here have a biased view of schools. *if you don't know what biased means look it up please* I went to Indy, and no I didn't play football, 'little Timmy' here didn't get playing time for baseball, lol. But anyways what I meant was that Indy boys, like most senior guys in high school, always are stuck up and blind to anybodys team and think their team will win. Trust me I felt that way when I was a student, I was proud of the friends I knew on the team and now I am proud of the players I do know on the team. Don't get me wrong I liked going to Indy (It is just a whole other story about Dr. Campbell and Dyson) but once you graduate and see the current seniors talk about how awesome your team is and how they are going to 'wax that a$$' when they 'beat' Blackman and their 'overated running back', you can't help but laugh and think dang was I that stupid my senior year? lol I probably was, because I was young.

Apparently the kids weren't that stupid mack.. Maybe the "young" guys saw something in their team and had confidence because anyone at that game knows Indy deserved to win and should have won.

Apparently the kids weren't that stupid mack.. Maybe the "young" guys saw something in their team and had confidence because anyone at that game knows Indy deserved to win and should have won.

I guess I'm wondering where Mackbrown and the others that said "Indy would get beat by 40 points! " Taco, palin, etc. Taco, I dont think centennial would hold Blackman to 14 points, Ive seen both Indy and you all scrimmage and saw Indy in person Friday night.

mackbrown " crow " doesn't taste well does it?

I guess I'm wondering where Mackbrown and the others that said "Indy would get beat by 40 points! " Taco, palin, etc. Taco, I dont think centennial would hold Blackman to 14 points, Ive seen both Indy and you all scrimmage and saw Indy in person Friday night.

I didnt make any predictions about this game, so I am not sure what you mean.

I do think Indy will get some wins, but no more than 5. If their defense can keep the score down, the kicker can keep them in the game. Most games, the final score will be some multiple of 3.

I think Indy is in the same position as FHS, on a downhill slide that will get worse and worse over the next two years. Indy is losing athletes to Summit, Franklin is losing them to Centennial, some privates, mainly BGA and BA. The loss of one or two athletes to each of those schools a year, over a few years, has a huge effect on an overall program. Clayton sees the handwriting and will be jumping ship after this year. Dyson has a pipe dream of being a legitimate high school coach and will try to stick it out and be gone in about 3 or 4 seasons. The magic jumping beans have revealed that to me, :thumb:

I do think Indy will get some wins, but no more than 5. If their defense can keep the score down, the kicker can keep them in the game. Most games, the final score will be some multiple of 3.

I think Indy is in the same position as FHS, on a downhill slide that will get worse and worse over the next two years. Indy is losing athletes to Summit, Franklin is losing them to Centennial, some privates, mainly BGA and BA. The loss of one or two athletes to each of those schools a year, over a few years, has a huge effect on an overall program. Clayton sees the handwriting and will be jumping ship after this year. Dyson has a pipe dream of being a legitimate high school coach and will try to stick it out and be gone in about 3 or 4 seasons. The magic jumping beans have revealed that to me, :thumb:

What I mean is. Looking back on your posts, you have said that Indy can't play, the coaches can't coach and that they would be lucky to go 3-7. So my point is, your wrong on all accounts from what I saw Friday night. That team would have never been in the game vs. Blackman if those 2 things were true. Blackman is a very good team apparently ranked in the nation somewhere in the top 40. Independence outplayed them all night. From what I saw unless a team can throw and run and have a good offensive line, not many teams will move the ball on that Indy defense. So if you all lack any of those , they will stop u. They were that good. The offense has a lot of potential to be extremely explosive, cramping hindered them Friday night.

Indy very well may have deserved to win, I didn't see the game, but would have could have should have is part of football. All Wilco schools will ebb and flow with the talent that comes through the doors. New school opening dilutes the talent but success comes in cycles and those that are down will be up and those that are up will be down. That is what makes Williamson Co the best county in TN for football. Indy, Ravenwood, B'wood, Franklin, BGA, all have made it to the championship game in the past 10-15 years and I would suspect that Centennial is not far behind.

Exactly. Indy was the subject of so much criticism before this game, and after they completely outplayed a preseason ranked 36 in the nation Blackman, the criticizers are no where to be found. Indy deserved to win the game but a loss is a loss. However, there are not a team in jeopardy of loosing as many games and predicted.

What I mean is. Looking back on your posts, you have said that Indy can't play, the coaches can't coach and that they would be lucky to go 3-7. So my point is, your wrong on all accounts from what I saw Friday night. That team would have never been in the game vs. Blackman if those 2 things were true. Blackman is a very good team apparently ranked in the nation somewhere in the top 40. Independence outplayed them all night. From what I saw unless a team can throw and run and have a good offensive line, not many teams will move the ball on that Indy defense. So if you all lack any of those , they will stop u. They were that good. The offense has a lot of potential to be extremely explosive, cramping hindered them Friday night.

I havent seen a ranking that puts Blackman in the top 40 in the nation, but I probably missed it.

If indy outplayed blackman all night, wouldnt they have a W instead of a L? Who on the Indy roster has explosive potential? I dont recall much coming up through the ranks.