Defending State Champions Signal Mountain Eagels vs East Hamilton

Waterboy96

Y'all shouldn't go throwing Waterboy under the bus like that. We need all the SM fans we can get ... real, bandwagon, imposter, imagined, or otherwise.:roflolk: I sat behind all the Baylor people last night, and they cheered louder for Bradley Central than they did when Baylor played. Guess they don't like us. They were absolutely giddy gayfight2.gif when Bradley scored. I think a couple of Buffy's may have even p'd their panties in the excitement. I LMAO. :roflolk:

Trying to stay on topic, East Hamilton did not look very impressive tonight. They got some pretty athletic looking players and a large squad, so I'm at a loss to understand why they haven't put it all together yet. Hopefully, they will improve as the year goes along, but they don't look ready for an away opener on Signal. No dissin', JMO.:(

Y'all shouldn't go throwing Waterboy under the bus like that. We need all the SM fans we can get ... real, bandwagon, imposter, imagined, or otherwise.:roflolk: I sat behind all the Baylor people last night, and they cheered louder for Bradley Central than they did when Baylor played. Guess they don't like us. They were absolutely giddy gayfight2.gif when Bradley scored. I think a couple of Buffy's may have even p'd their panties in the excitement. I LMAO. :roflolk:

Trying to stay on topic, East Hamilton did not look very impressive tonight. They got some pretty athletic looking players and a large squad, so I'm at a loss to understand why they haven't put it all together yet. Hopefully, they will improve as the year goes along, but they don't look ready for an away opener on Signal. No dissin', JMO.:(

That wasn't just a Baylor contingent that was giddy, I beleive it was pretty much a stadium consensus. For the life of me I can't figure out why. However it did warm my heart a little. Don't forget its Buffy's and Beauregard's that make up the majority of your school as the school most affected by yours opening was Baylor. (Howard a close second).

That wasn't just a Baylor contingent that was giddy, I beleive it was pretty much a stadium consensus. For the life of me I can't figure out why. However it did warm my heart a little. Don't forget its Buffy's and Beauregard's that make up the majority of your school as the school most affected by yours opening was Baylor. (Howard a close second).

It's Biff, not Beauregard. Remember, the real money in Chattanooga descends from them danged carpetbaggers. Most the Biff's and Buffy's on the mountain still send their kids private. The Yuppies up here is mostly treehuggin', Teva wearin', bleedin' heart liberals. :roflol:

The crowd I run with is just good ole moonshine drinkin', cockfightin' rednecks like you folks in Soddy. Only difference is we ain't got the meth labs. :roflolk:

Edited by MountainTroll

It's Biff, not Beauregard. Remember, the real money in Chattanooga descends from them danged carpetbaggers. Most the Biff's and Buffy's on the mountain still send their kids private. The Yuppies up here is mostly treehuggin', Teva wearin', bleedin' heart liberals. :roflol:

The crowd I run with is just good ole moonshine drinkin', cockfightin' rednecks like you folks in Soddy. Only difference is we ain't got the meth labs. :roflolk:

the history and evolution of signal mountain.

Let me ask the SM faithful a question or two--just interested in your views

I think there is universal agreement among any who aren't deaf dumb or blind that SMMHS will be a force to reckon with in 4A this year. How do you folks think SMMHS would do in 5A? Compete for a state tile? 6A? Compete for a state title? D-II? Compete for state title?

Edited by Chattcity

I think there is universal agreement among any who aren't deaf dumb or blind that SMMHS will be a force to reckon with in 4A this year. How do you folks think SMMHS would do in 5A? Compete for a state tile? 6A? Compete for a state title? D-II? Compete for state title?

Well I'm not deaf or blind so I will say this year we could compete in any classification. Now I'm not going to be dumb enough to say we would win a state title in any classification, but we could compete. I also think we would be in the top 5-10 in any classification.

They just need to get ready for East Hamilton this week and it will be a battle on the mountain. The kids know they must be ready to play every week. With that said,they can compete with teams in D-II on any given night, but winning the state at that level would not be likely. The same goes 6-A or 5-A. If they win the state in 4-A it would a monumental accomplishment. People forget, it had been over 10 years since the last Hamilton County school won the state at any level before Signal did last year.

It should be a fun year to watch some football. They are several good teams and coaches that could make any week very interesting. Good luck to all teams as they get ready for battle in the coming weeks.

• Upvote 1

Well I'm not deaf or blind so I will say this year we could compete in any classification. Now I'm not going to be dumb enough to say we would win a state title in any classification, but we could compete. I also think we would be in the top 5-10 in any classification.

So, your answer to ChattCity is yes correct? If all SM fans, Your Coach and school administration felt like you do and I expect they do, why are you avoiding Alcoa? If you want to be the best then you have to play the best! Alcoa is the ONLY team I can think of that could compete in any qualification.

As a long time DII follower I would say they could compete with all the teams, but would only have a chance at beating PJP, Ryan, Briarcrest, and St Benedict. There Defense is not good enough to win against the others. Track meets are not the norm in this division. It would be interesting to see them play some of the top teams. It's been documented that coach Price has dodged Alcoa to give his program a chance to win a state championship and I for one support his decision. After all, that should be every teams goal.

I also believe that with how he runs his program (the sportsmanship issues they have had) SMMHS will have a difficult time scheduling public schools. Plenty of DII schools in Nashville would love to play them. I believe he is having to travel to Nashville this year anyway.

• Upvote 1

So, your answer to ChattCity is yes correct? If all SM fans, Your Coach and school administration felt like you do and I expect they do, why are you avoiding Alcoa? If you want to be the best then you have to play the best! Alcoa is the ONLY team I can think of that could compete in any qualification.

Actually I think every school could compete in any classification. After all isn't that what they are supposed to do? But I think there are 20 - 30 that could be competitive in any classification and I think SM is one of them.

Where are all of the East Hamilton fans. Beast27 don't you or any other EH fans have anything to say. Your team won Saturday night and we got beat Friday. Did you see these games, if so what's your thoughts about Friday? From where I was standing Saturday night it looked like EH had good size and some speed.