Smyrna vs. B.G.A.

milo118

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 20 years you would thimk they would make improvements? Stupid is as stupid does.

I will take this one as a Smyrna grad, class of 1978. Mr Raikes asked for and was promised several times that improvements would be made. The county commission has on four different occasions approved in various committees for budget monies to make improvements at Smyrna and Lavergne. Each time the full commission has voted it down. Renovating stadium seating is an enormous task, far beyond the scope of a booster club. Engineering, codes and other factors come into play.

So stop ripping MY school for something beyond its control.

Before you rip MY school about the scoreboard not working right this year, it is the original score board from the Smyrna High School I went to (now the middle school) and a bad storm this summer blew it down. Does the school board/county commission buy a new one? No, they spend money trying to put up and fix the old one.

I live in a county that ranks 6th in the state in Fiscal Capacity per pupil, http://www.state.tn.us/tacir/Fiscal%20Capacity/trends2011/rutherford_fiscap_2011_info_sheet.htm but ranks 98th in the state in spending per student, http://www.borowatch.com/ada_stats_08_09.html

In 2006 a national magazine ranked various school systems around the country and my county received an 8 out of 100 in our community's financial commitment to education, http://www.borowatch.com/2006-education-quotient.pdf

So we make do with what we have.

Edited by davidlimbaugh

Hey Milo,

Hows your that brain child of yours doing at Motlow?

A real scholar........Ha Ha

Has he walked on to MTSU yet.

LOSER LOSER LOSER!!!!!!!

Wow! Some one can't stand when others poke back. You took harmless picking at each other and turned it serious. Obviously my son is a better man than you will ever be regardless where he goes to school or how well he does in life. You just proved to everybody how truely classless you are. How about you stick to making fun of me. You obvoiusly know who i am. Let me give you some advice. Grow up and be an adult. Oh by the way he did pretty well at Motlow this year. I am proud to call him my son.

Edited by milo118

thanks for posting that david, some new people on coacht think that its the booster clubs responsability for adding scoreboards, bleachers, concession stands and restrooms and they simply think that booster clubs should just go up on their memberships to accomplish this, for the most part the booster clubs are parents that have volunteered and have taken time out of our day for the most of us since our kids were 5 years old raising the money, to working concession stands in the youth league having car washes saleing smart cards what ever it took to make our kids friday night dreams come true!

now something else these new people dont know is in the past what 10 years their has been 4 football stadiums built in rutherford county that are still being paid for, and these stadiums are new and nice and built for the size of these schools while smyrna and lavergnes are 23 years old now and was built for the smyrna and lavergne of 1988 and was planned yrs before then probably 85ish and anybody who has lived here their whole life know rutherford county has quadroupled since then, more rapidly then then rutherford board of education probably ever expected!

i have heard after 06 they were going to add bleachers to visitor sides of smyrna and lavergne and like you said david it got voted out! again not the booster clubs responsability

wow ive seen it all on the t now! sorry shag but posts like that should not be on coacht, everybody in district 7 just saw who you really are and what your about with that post!

I Agree............It takes a small, weak man to make comments like that to make himself feel bigger. I hope he is banned from these boards so we do not have to listen to his nonsense and we can enjoy life and football. This Shag obviously has some personal issues as well as a lack of self confidence. Good luck to both teams in this one, I don't have a dog in the fight but as predicted earlier think BGA takes this in a close one.

I Agree............It takes a small, weak man to make comments like that to make himself feel bigger. I hope he is banned from these boards so we do not have to listen to his nonsense and we can enjoy life and football. This Shag obviously has some personal issues as well as a lack of self confidence. Good luck to both teams in this one, I don't have a dog in the fight but as predicted earlier think BGA takes this in a close one.

totally agree with you newintown, should be talking high school ball not high school dramaclass!

Edited by oldschooldawg30

Nice to see you guys have the back of one of your own. Regardless of how old the place is, it is what it is. At least I now know what buttons to push to get the bulldawgs jumping.

Pulling for Smyrna tonight and hope to see the trailer park empty by 6:45.

Edited by Shag