SCIENCE HILL VS GREENEVILLE

JRTOPPERS

I think Greeneville had a lot of help from a couple of players last year that put them over the top and accounted for a large part of their offence and defense for that matter. Science Hill has the playmakers this year. I think they will catch Greeneville flat and resting on their gold ball. So I think this will be an upset.

Science Hill 28

Greeneville 20

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Greeneville had a lot of help from a couple of players last year that put them over the top and accounted for a large part of their offence and defense for that matter. Science Hill has the playmakers this year. I think they will catch Greeneville flat and resting on their gold ball. So I think this will be an upset.

Science Hill 28

Greeneville 20

So, Greeneville’s success was the result of a couple of players? I guess you are forgetting about the other college prospects who are just now seniors.

You can pick SH to win if you want, I don’t care about that. But, you have done nothing but try to dismiss Greeneville’s accomplishments because they had Carmichael last year. Look back at the scores of the Greeneville games last year, and tell me which games they would have lost without Carmichael. He was a great player, but Greeneville dominated virtually everyone last year. You don’t dominate because of one player, you dominate because you have a great TEAM. In case you've forgotten, Greeneville was State Runner-Up the year before without Carmichael, and that was a very young team

So, Greeneville’s success was the result of a couple of players? I guess you are forgetting about the other college prospects who are just now seniors.

You can pick SH to win if you want, I don’t care about that. But, you have done nothing but try to dismiss Greeneville’s accomplishments because they had Carmichael last year. Look back at the scores of the Greeneville games last year, and tell me which games they would have lost without Carmichael. He was a great player, but Greeneville dominated virtually everyone last year. You don’t dominate because of one player, you dominate because you have a great TEAM. In case you've forgotten, Greeneville was State Runner-Up the year before without Carmichael, and that was a very young team

I guess that may be like taking manning away from the colts. just one player. Hard to replace mr football in 4a. you may be underestimating the impact from 1 player especially at qb. last year greenevilles team was special. it will be the team that all greeneville teams will be compared to . Just like the 87 Jeff county team. fair or unfair... I also remember a number 11 player that was also pretty special. replacing these 2 will be a tall task. That being said, I will take greeneville by 10 but not over teams like Maryville, Alcoa, DB as i would have last year.

I agree. I think Science Hill becomes a real power in a few years. There is just too much talent in that town not to become a dominant team. In addition, they obviously have a lot of resources there and finally have a great coaching staff, so it is only a matter of time before they do great things in my opinion.

As for this game, I pick Greeneville in a close one. I think Greeneville returns too much talent and experience, and I expect Greeneville’s run defense and kicking game to be the difference. I expect it to be a very good game, and I fully understand that Science Hill is very capable of winning this game.

This game will be one of the best if not the best matchups of the night. That being said, I see Greeneville taking this one in a close hard hitting battle. Greeneville has backed up their play but right now Science Hill looks good on paper only. Should be a good one....

I guess that may be like taking manning away from the colts. just one player. Hard to replace mr football in 4a. you may be underestimating the impact from 1 player especially at qb. last year greenevilles team was special. it will be the team that all greeneville teams will be compared to . Just like the 87 Jeff county team. fair or unfair... I also remember a number 11 player that was also pretty special. replacing these 2 will be a tall task. That being said, I will take greeneville by 10 but not over teams like Maryville, Alcoa, DB as i would have last year.

If Carmichael was a passing QB then I could see your point, but he wasn’t. It is much easier to replace a good running QB than a good passing QB. Don’t get me wrong, he was a great player and helped Greeneville a ton. He will be missed, but it’s not like Greeneville sucked before he got here (State Semifinals against larger schools and a State Runner Up). Most of those guys from last year’s team are still playing for Greeneville this year.

My point isn’t that Greeneville won’t miss Carmichael, I just want to make it clear that Greeneville wasn’t just a one or two man team. Hall and Rollins are studs and both are getting major D1 looks, the new running back Shuffler runs a 4.38 forty, the QB has a ton of experience for a junior, the kicker is an All-State caliber kicker, and they return the vast majority of the players off a very good team. The poster I was responding to wants everyone to believe that Greeneville only won because they got a transfer from NC, and that simply isn’t the truth.

If Carmichael was a passing QB then I could see your point, but he wasn’t. It is much easier to replace a good running QB than a good passing QB. Don’t get me wrong, he was a great player and helped Greeneville a ton. He will be missed, but it’s not like Greeneville sucked before he got here (State Semifinals against larger schools and a State Runner Up). Most of those guys from last year’s team are still playing for Greeneville this year.

My point isn’t that Greeneville won’t miss Carmichael, I just want to make it clear that Greeneville wasn’t just a one or two man team. Hall and Rollins are studs and both are getting major D1 looks, the new running back Shuffler runs a 4.38 forty, the QB has a ton of experience for a junior, the kicker is an All-State caliber kicker, and they return the vast majority of the players off a very good team. The poster I was responding to wants everyone to believe that Greeneville only won because they got a transfer from NC, and that simply isn’t the truth.

Greeneville is rock solid again. My guess is that you are the favorite to repeat as 4 a champs. You may have to work for it this year as you walked through the playoffs last year. good luck

How big of a crowd will Science Hill bring? It should be a great game, so I was just wondering what kind of atmosphere there will be.

They will bring about 20 fans...the Toppers are already gearing up for Basketball. They just have no tradition in Football, at least nothing in the last 20 years.

I have rarely ever pulled for the Toppers in anything but I have to hope for the Conference's sake that they win this game. Come on Toppers 6A vs 4A.. you gotta win this game.

And good luck to the Green Devils this year. You guys are tough.

Tough game to call. If Science Hill doesn't get shell-shocked early they have a good shot at pulling it off.

I still have to pick Greeneville in a close one, Devils 24-21.

I believe Carmichael will be missed more than some think. Greeneville will still plow through their conference with ease and possibly win it again, probably finishing 14-1 or 13-2.

I'm a shhs guy but I agree. The toppers have to be physical upfront and Snyder has to take care of the football. If both teams play at their highest level it will be a game decided by less than ten. So excited for this game. Shhs has A LOT to prove. Could go one of two ways. Get excited and bring IT! Or get shell shocked and lose big. Football has begun!

I'm a shhs guy but I agree. The toppers have to be physical upfront and Snyder has to take care of the football. If both teams play at their highest level it will be a game decided by less than ten. So excited for this game. Shhs has A LOT to prove. Could go one of two ways. Get excited and bring IT! Or get shell shocked and lose big. Football has begun!

Gonna be hard to out-physical Greeneville up front...If SH can't keep Hall and Rollins out of the backfield it will be a long night for the Toppers.