Lincoln Co. hosts Giles co.

MCHSBigBlue

Coach David (Punk) O'Connor brings his Bobcats to Lincoln Co. and returns home. You've got to wonder what the Lincoln Co. crowd reaction will be like to coach O'connor, after the way he bolted from the Lincoln Co. Head coaching job. This should be a dandy and could get very interesting!!!

Edited by MCHSBigBlue

One thing I do know, is that he has yet to beat Giles Co. Even when he had Dont'a Hightower, Giles brought a Soph. QB into Marshall Co. and won. So, Coach Thomas wants this win.

It's going to be a good game, and both teams are eager to start the season. I see Giles pulling this one out.

Edited by aintskeered

Well just sat down and had a wonderful meal with Coach OC and he didnt seem like a punk, but apparently opinions vary. GCHS is glad to have him and Coach Osteen. Jury is still out on the CATS, only seen them play twice and the games were night and day. Like always the team that controls the turnovers and emotion will win. I am sure both teams are talented, but I will have to give the edge to the seasoned Coaching staff. GO CATS!!!

"punk" is just a nickname.If they wouldnt have added a city high school Lincoln Co. would have OC and Osteen as coaches.Should be an interesting match up.If we don't turn the ball over I think the Bobcats can eek one out.After watching the scrimmages still look really young.Of course minus the thugs that were kicked off the team.

First & foremost. Congratulations to Coach John Meadows. A Lincoln County Legend that will always be respected buy the folks from Giles County. I know the Giles fans will be cheering loudly when the ceremony to name the stadium takes place.

This will be the first time these two programs have met since 1974. GC has shown consistency over the last five years. LC has struggled to regain their historical position among the top tier teams. LC has a great tradition and dropping to a lower classification in the future will ensure they return to play-off status every year.

I like the fact that the Wingman picked LC. Advantage - Giles

Home field atmosphere in the Pit. Advantage - LC

Coaches? The LC boys are on the right sideline. Advantage - Giles

Horses in the stable? LC's got more numbers. Advantage - LC

Players working in the same system for 5 years. Advantage Giles

Game significance? This game could be the highlight of LC's season - Advantage LC.

Scouting report? Giles should know more about LC than LC knows about Giles. Heck, Giles doesn't even know what Giles has! Advantage - Giles

Naming of Meadows-Thompson Stadium Advantage - LC

Giles with the W - 27 -21. :ph34r:

This will be the first time these two programs have met since 1974

Hey OMG these teams played each other in the mid eighties when we were in the same class and district. A 3 or 4 year span. Don't think GC has ever won. I do look for them to take their first W. Gonna be a great night this game has more angles than high school geometry class.

Word is the Falcon players are all over Facebook telling the world how they are going to barbeque the cats in the pit.........its good to have confidence.

But it just might be like having a tiger by the tail...but in this case, a bobcat don't have a long tail. So the falcons are gonna have to deal with these cats head up friday night. We will see what happens then.

Word is the Falcon players are all over Facebook telling the world how they are going to barbeque the cats in the pit.........its good to have confidence.

But it just might be like having a tiger by the tail...but in this case, a bobcat don't have a long tail. So the falcons are gonna have to deal with these cats head up friday night. We will see what happens then.

Wait a minute, I thought FaceBook was older peoples MySpace. Why are these young kids on there, or are they creeping on their parents Facebook. Anyway, back in the late 80's the pit was a scary place to play, when you looked across the field and they had 100 kids and we did well to have 40. Dont think they have those numbers now, should be a good game. GO CATS!!!!