Lincoln Co. hosts Giles co.

MCHSBigBlue

Not that anybody is awake on this board but I just looked at Sonny Moores power ratings and Giles county has an edge of 14.5 points over Lincoln county. Thats got to be a first. Of course Lincoln has home field which is worth a few points and GC is missing a couple starters which probably means a few points... so it is what it is.

One thing is for sure, this will be the best prepared GC team to ever roll into LC. I'm looking forward to a great game.

Here's an article some may want to read.

Fire is fueled in Friday Night battle at M.T.S.

quote on OC turning down LCHS job from the article:

"Many comments throughout the community went negative on O'Connor's lack of commitment. One of the more popular seemed to be "they call him 'Punk' for a reason" - additional speculation said O'Connor used the opportunity to get a better deal at Giles Co. Given the benefit the change in the City system as the cause it leaves question as to the whether O'Connors commitment was high enough to compete. O'Connor's heart may not have been in it from the beginning."

No need of name calling, we got him and his staff. OC along with his staff work hard, and are dedicated to the program. No one points finger's at someone for making a job change. It's a job, and the entire Giles County Coaching Staff, put's in way more hours then the average coach. This will show in tonight's game.

GO BOBCATS! Thanks to the coaching staff and the Team for all the hard work, and dedication.

Edited by aintskeered

"Many comments throughout the community went negative on O'Connor's lack of commitment. One of the more popular seemed to be "they call him 'Punk' for a reason" - additional speculation said O'Connor used the opportunity to get a better deal at Giles Co. Given the benefit the change in the City system as the cause it leaves question as to the whether O'Connors commitment was high enough to compete. O'Connor's heart may not have been in it from the beginning."

No need of name calling, we got him and his staff. OC along with his staff work hard, and are dedicated to the program. No one points finger's at someone for making a job change. It's a job, and the entire Giles County Coaching Staff, put's in way more hours then the average coach. This will show in tonight's game.

GO BOBCATS! Thanks to the coaching staff and the Team for all the hard work, and dedication.

That was some article...read the whole thing. There may be another twist or two they forgot about that doesen't bode too well for the falcons. Definitely wasn't feeling the love for OC and the boys. Thats just fine with me cuz we have kinda taken to them here in Giles County.

This should be one heck of a game tonight!

GO BOBCATS!!!!!!!!

The announcement of the city high school being formed was a perfectly valid reason for O'Connor to change his mind. He committed to a particular situation and then that situation changed drastically.

Now, I don't doubt that some folks felt insulted when he changed his mind, but that's their problem, not his.

Concerning Osteen's change of heart, let's focus on a particular passage in the article:

At the end of the Falcons spring practice in May, a privilege rumored that Coach O'Connor was denied due to TSSAA violations at Giles Co., Osteen announced he would return to the Bobcats after working with the LCHS offense for five months.

Now, I don't have any idea how a "privilege can rumor", but if folks around here were spreading crap like that about O'Connor then I don't blame Osteen for heading back west.

Not that I know any of the inside details of any of this - I'm just a simple Lincoln County Falcon fan that gets sad when crap like this happens - the adults play their ego games and the players suffer. :(

Falcons win it 27-14.

The Bobcats have some serious talent and speed - from my vantage point it seemed like they tended to lose focus and get a bit rattled when the chips were down - that should improve during the season, at which time they'll be serious contenders.

The Falcons were impressive, especially for a young and relatively small team. They played with heart, determination, and discipline - it was one of the best games I've seen from a team like that. They'll be serious contenders also as they improve.

Falcons win it 27-14.

The Bobcats have some serious talent and speed - from my vantage point it seemed like they tended to lose focus and get a bit rattled when the chips were down - that should improve during the season, at which time they'll be serious contenders.

The Falcons were impressive, especially for a young and relatively small team. They played with heart, determination, and discipline - it was one of the best games I've seen from a team like that. They'll be serious contenders also as they improve.

Great assessment jabbo, Cats are young and seem to get a little eager to make something happen when its not there. All this will be a season long process. On another note your kicker is a weapon, got to keep him off the field. Good Luck to both teams the rest of the way. Head up CATS! Cowbell starts ringing Sunday!

• Upvote 1

They are probably at the Patrick with all the old folks walking.

The fact is, punk knew about the city high school deal before he took,(or whatever you want to call it) the job, my guess is, he used us to get more money, and from what I heard, and been told, that's exactly what happened. Your offensive co. came and went thru spring practice with us, then quit and went back, hmmm just enough time to find out a lot about us. As far as our kids being at the patrick center, you are probably right, they are probably there, helping, and assisting the "old folks", or doing whatever they can to help out. Or maybe they are out delivering Honeys slawburgers to the "old folks". :roflol: