Beech vs Portland

tandem

I think Beech wins this one, but believe it will be closer than the last several years. Beech is still finding its way with all new skill guys. Kenitzer looks pretty solid at QB. With the combination of Hurd, Smith and Carter at RB, the future looks bright for the Bucs there for the next three years. Receiver is still a big question mark. There have been a few plays made in the scrimmages, but there have also been some really bad drops. On D the Bucs should be pretty solid with 8 or 9 seniors starting. Coach Aric and Portland could make a huge statement with an upset of the defending district champs in their home opener. Is it possible?

I think Beech wins this one, but believe it will be closer than the last several years. Beech is still finding its way with all new skill guys. Kenitzer looks pretty solid at QB. With the combination of Hurd, Smith and Carter at RB, the future looks bright for the Bucs there for the next three years. Receiver is still a big question mark. There have been a few plays made in the scrimmages, but there have also been some really bad drops. On D the Bucs should be pretty solid with 8 or 9 seniors starting. Coach Aric and Portland could make a huge statement with an upset of the defending district champs in their home opener. Is it possible?

Not gonna happen...Beech by 2 TD'S...!

Seriously...........you must be kidding! Who said " Why do people keeping doing the same dumb thing over and over, and expect a positive outcome"? It may have been Einstein. To the Portland principal; 3rd time will not be a charm :roflolk:

My Bucs will dominate :ph34r:

Portland is somewhat better this year. They can be good at times but seem to shoot their self in the foot. I see Beach winning by 10.

17-7 Beech.

Three words describe this game: SLOPPY, SLOPPY, SLOPPY. In a game where the officiating crew was convinced that they got payed per flag thrown, Beech managed to get the win. Beech had three penalties called on their special teams that probably cost them 175 yards and at least one td. Alec Meadows took a punt to the house and returned a kickoff 70 yards only to have both called back. Beech also converted a fake punt gaining 25 yards, but had a holding penalty. Portland converted 3rd and longs on three or four times on penalties called on Beech after Beech stopped them on the play. Beech also turned it over at least three times. I don't know if it is a point of emphasis this year but several times the zebras blew their whistles before forward progress had stopped and threw late hit flags. Hurd ran the ball well but did put it on the ground once. Beech d looked pretty good. Portland's score came late when the game was decided.

Coach Crabtree has a lot of work to iron out the kinks before Henry Co comes calling. I think this team will get better as the year progresses. Portland is a little better this year, but still has a long way to go.

Edited by tandem