Soddy Daisy Invitational 2012

trojan35

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the worst fields in the Chattanooga area to play on. They need to seek the city's facilities ( either Warner or Summitt) to host this tournament. I can't believe teams will pay to play at such a run-down park. Do you think there will be foul lines in the outfield? If so, it will be a first.

For the record i'm not the one posting under coach kirk but i seem to be getting the credit for it. I only post under Fury96 and could

care less about the shape of the fields at Soddy.

Kirk Lewis

It would be interesting to see if the person posing as coachkirk would reveal their name on here. I'm guessing not since they change their name

all the time and try to stir up trouble behind the curtain. LOL. Come on would the real coachkirk stand up and take the credit for their posts?

Kirk Lewis

The fields are not the best in the Chattanooga area. They were built almost 30 years ago when fields were not as nice as they are today, as a matter of fact Warner Parks Fields were not great until four years ago; one of several reasons why we do not have the TSSAA Spring Fling any longer. Think of this, all the Soddy Daisy players have grown up playing on those fields at The Kids Park. Maybe the fields make winners!

now Richie thats a stretch. Soddy has had a lot of good players but i doubt you can credit those fields for their success.

We still haven't heard from coachkirk, come on out of hiding and take credit for your post..................

Richie, for the record the fields are substandard. LOL

now Richie thats a stretch. Soddy has had a lot of good players but i doubt you can credit those fields for their success.

We still haven't heard from coachkirk, come on out of hiding and take credit for your post..................

Richie, for the record the fields are substandard. LOL

:roflolk: Ok, since 1990 it has been the coaches,plus playing and practicing on the big field in middle and high school that produced the players.

A special THANKS to all the coaches of the 22 teams for their understanding with our 7 hour delay Friday and the mess it put us in to get fields ready. I was able to still give every team their 4 games as promised. I had about one hour to come up with a revised schedule after the 12 noon start could not occur, thus, spreading pool play over two days was not what I wanted but it became necessary.

Overall, I saw a lot of great softball being played with many games coming down to the wire. About 8 or 9 teams will be playing in the state championship if they finish the year strong.

Best wishes to all the teams as you finish this season.

Richie Wood

I saw many games come down to the last play.

Delays and the schedule revision were understandable, but I'd liked to have seen things done differently-if possible-so a team playing its fourth game Saturday, with a one game break, wasn't playing a team in its first of the day (Sequatchie vs Soddy-Daisy). That was after game three was against another team playing its first of the day (Bledsoe) unless I'm mistaken. True that's what you get for winning your pool and winning convincingly but each team should have had at least one pool game Saturday morning. Seq. had one of the final games Friday night then was back there at 7 am Saturday morning for two more consecutive pool games. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference anyway, Sequatchie had one double/one baserunner vs SD but overall wasn't as sharp in the field as in its prior games in the day. The team was starting to drag a bit by that time, which is course is part of any tournament but when the opponent is completely fresh it can potentially mean a lot. SD had four hits and one earned run that game.

Some of the umps didn't seem in too big of a hurry to get games started. One crew didn't come onto the field until about 20 minutes after the prior game ended. If that happened much more that could be a reason things got behind on Saturday.

I'd be more concerned about the ump who saw a runner inside the first base line, saw and agreed she was hit by the throw to first while inside the line, but said "that doesn't matter" :lol: Of course that runner ends up scoring in a 2-0 win.

Edited by Indian

Delays and the schedule revision were understandable, but I'd liked to have seen things done differently-if possible-so a team playing its fourth game Saturday, with a one game break, wasn't playing a team in its first of the day (Sequatchie vs Soddy-Daisy). That was after game three was against another team playing its first of the day (Bledsoe) unless I'm mistaken. True that's what you get for winning your pool and winning convincingly but each team should have had at least one pool game Saturday morning. Seq. had one of the final games Friday night then was back there at 7 am Saturday morning for two more consecutive pool games. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference anyway, Sequatchie had one double/one baserunner vs SD but overall wasn't as sharp in the field as in its prior games in the day. The team was starting to drag a bit by that time, which is course is part of any tournament but when the opponent is completely fresh it can potentially mean a lot. SD had four hits and one earned run that game.

Some of the umps didn't seem in too big of a hurry to get games started. One crew didn't come onto the field until about 20 minutes after the prior game ended. If that happened much more that could be a reason things got behind on Saturday.

I'd be more concerned about the ump who saw a runner inside the first base line, saw and agreed she was hit by the throw to first while inside the line, but said "that doesn't matter" :lol: Of course that runner ends up scoring in a 2-0 win.

Dear Indian, send me your phone number. With all your knowledge and hindsight on how things should be run, you would be a perfect director for this tournament.

Dear Indian, send me your phone number. With all your knowledge and hindsight on how things should be run, you would be a perfect director for this tournament.

Now that is funny Dr. Wood!!!!

Everyone wants the perfect scenario for their team but its not gonna happen so just play. Nobody there was going to beat

Ms. Nunley with the way she is throwing.

We still haven't heard from the mysterious coachkirk, are you out there?

Now that is funny Dr. Wood!!!!

Everyone wants the perfect scenario for their team but its not gonna happen so just play. Nobody there was going to beat

Ms. Nunley with the way she is throwing.

We still haven't heard from the mysterious coachkirk, are you out there?

From what it sounds like Sequatchie came the closest to beat SD even after having to play 3 game prior to that. I am excited the the Lady Indians were able to avenge an earlier loss @ Bledsoe and in convincing fashion.

Iwould to thank Trogan35 for all the work he did in the tour. He does not have a child playing in the Tour.When you have bad weather it causes a lot of problems I thought he did a great job .Wonder how many tour. INDAIN has ran. Good luck to all the teams that came .