CAK vs Lexington Christian Academy

Vols78

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no knowledge of CAK's opponent this week. I think CAK will be dominate but i just don't know enough about LCA to make a prediction yet. What do y'all think?

Like yourself I don't know much about LCA other than they are a similar sized school and that in 09 they won the state in their division and made it to the semi finals last year. I believe they have sent a couple of players to UK recently as well. I hope CAK can dominate but I really have no idea. My brother lives Lexington and says LCA and Lexington Catholic are usually some of the stronger teams in that area. He also said, after watching CAK vs AC that he doesn't believe LCA will have ever seen a passing attack like the Warriors will bring. So who knows how this one will go. If the weather is bad that could come into play as well. I've heard that LCA runs a multiple formation offense, everything from spread to wingt. So I guess we should just expect a little of everything and see what happens.

Like the previous posters, I don't know much about LCS except their last 2 years results which are outstanding. What I do know is that it is a mistake to expect to run over this team. Like CAK, I suspect LCS is accustomed to having teams come in underestimating them and present them with an unpleasant surprise. While there were some great things about the AC game there were still a lot of things that need to be addressed for this team to be the best they can be. Starters giving up over 400 yds of offense, dropped balls, fumbles...This team has tremendous potential, but IMO the biggest concern is the potential for complacency. CAK has to make progress each week to have the chance to reach their potential. knight.gif

CPA has played LCA the last two years and plays them on the Sat. following the CAK game this year.

In 2009, CPA lost 27-28 when they went for 2 and the win (didn't convert)after scoring on the last play of the game.

Last year, CPA won 20-12.

CAK has had great teams the last few years, but I doubt if their passing game has been any more complex than CPA, who also has had great QB's. CAK overall has been stronger than CPA the last couple of years, but LCA will come to play, I assure you, and they are very well coached with a strong tradition of winning.

Hope CAK wins (they should), and beats them up a bit so they won't be as tough for CPA. Just don't make them mad before we get there. :roflol:

CPA has played LCA the last two years and plays them on the Sat. following the CAK game this year.

In 2009, CPA lost 27-28 when they went for 2 and the win (didn't convert)after scoring on the last play of the game.

Last year, CPA won 20-12.

CAK has had great teams the last few years, but I doubt if their passing game has been any more complex than CPA, who also has had great QB's. CAK overall has been stronger than CPA the last couple of years, but LCA will come to play, I assure you, and they are very well coached with a strong tradition of winning.

Hope CAK wins (they should), and beats them up a bit so they won't be as tough for CPA. Just don't make them mad before we get there. :roflol:

Thanks for the update. I've got a cousin who's kids have all gone to CPA (girls soccer) and so I try to keep up with you guys in football. (I'm told CAK and CPA have had some good soccer games over the years). I think there are a lot of similarities between CAK and CPA so I like it when you knock off some of the "big boys" in Nashville (Goodpasture). :D I know you guys just inherited a very good player in Wharton from Knoxville Catholic. Hope he helps you win even more games. I would love to see a series between CAK and CPA, I think that would be some great football. But considering the teams you already have to play, along with us being in the same district with Alcoa, I doubt that will happen. If we could ever manage to get by Alcoa then maybe we could catch you guys in a playoff game, but thats a BIG "if" for us anyway. Good luck this year and I will keep up with you on coachT. :thumb:

Thanks for the update. I've got a cousin who's kids have all gone to CPA (girls soccer) and so I try to keep up with you guys in football. (I'm told CAK and CPA have had some good soccer games over the years). I think there are a lot of similarities between CAK and CPA so I like it when you knock off some of the "big boys" in Nashville (Goodpasture). :D I know you guys just inherited a very good player in Wharton from Knoxville Catholic. Hope he helps you win even more games. I would love to see a series between CAK and CPA, I think that would be some great football. But considering the teams you already have to play, along with us being in the same district with Alcoa, I doubt that will happen. If we could ever manage to get by Alcoa then maybe we could catch you guys in a playoff game, but thats a BIG "if" for us anyway. Good luck this year and I will keep up with you on coachT. :thumb:

Love to see a CAK/CPA series. The soccer games have been classics (even though we haven't been able to win). Question: Will CAK be bumped up to 4A at next classification due to growing enrollment?

Love to see a CAK/CPA series. The soccer games have been classics (even though we haven't been able to win). Question: Will CAK be bumped up to 4A at next classification due to growing enrollment?

Unless CAK adds space they are pretty much maxed out (they just added a new building 2 or 3 years ago). I have been told that they only have room for 475ish students...

Looking forward to the trip to Lexington this week.

That's why i asked. 445 students puts you in 4A.

Going to 4A and leaving Alcoa in 3A wouldn't hurt my feelings at all, ha. Although I would still want to play them every year, and we would in our district. We just wouldn't have to face them in the playoffs. Alcoa has set such a high standard it has really accelerated CAK's program by trying to be competitive with them.