Centennial High School

LostTime

I understand that the girls basketball position is now open. What happened to the previous coach? It is really unusual for a head coaching position to open up this late. Is it also true that the boys position is now open too?

I believe that the old coach, Cherish Stringfield, took the job at Hillsboro after that job opened up late in the summer. It is unusual, but not unprecedented for a job to be open this late. The problem is that now it's difficult to bring in a teacher who can coach.

I haven't heard about the boys position.

What does thst mean? I don't see a lot of similarities between the programs.

Very similiar, 4 years ago a coach left in july and the spricipal was fixing to leave and it took almost 3 months to hire a teacher who could coach. Right after that the AD was releived of his duties and took a long time to replace the position.

It is true but sad that Centenial has replaced as many coaches as they have. Records have to show that in the past 4-5 years, the number has been well up in the double digits. A great school system, they place no value on coaching.

I understand that the girls basketball position is now open. What happened to the previous coach? It is really unusual for a head coaching position to open up this late. Is it also true that the boys position is now open too?

This article should answer your question about the girls coach. As for the guys, the BB coach was working at the football game last night. Doubt he was there as a volunteer wearing a Centennial Cougar polo shirt.

http://www.williamsonherald.com/home?id=76828

Very similiar, 4 years ago a coach left in july and the spricipal was fixing to leave and it took almost 3 months to hire a teacher who could coach. Right after that the AD was releived of his duties and took a long time to replace the position.

It is true but sad that Centenial has replaced as many coaches as they have. Records have to show that in the past 4-5 years, the number has been well up in the double digits. A great school system, they place no value on coaching.

Correct to a point. It is a great school system and the prior administration placed no value on sports/coaching. He's now at Hillsboro. Different story with Brown.

Edited by BT Mafia