Smith County travels to Livingston Academy

scooter

Tough game last night for the Cats. LA played well in the first half but you have to play the whole game in order to beat a team as good as SC. Give them credit they are a well coached team and it showed again tonight. SC took advantage of our defense with that big line and wore us out in the second half. That was one of the things that I thought LA would have trouble with...holding down the Owls running game.and didn't do bad the first half but just couldn't hang on.

Offensively we had our moments early but again the Owl defense was totally dominate. They held us to just 19 yards in the second half and that was the difference. Just have to realize that LA is still a young team and this game will help them down the road. Sad part is SC is young too and that don't look good for teams in the future.

Hope that Brock and the Robinson kid are ok and will get to play in the next game but I'm sure that will be a day to day thing.

Was impressed with the play of LB Lucas Reagan .....Freshman DE McDonald... DE Ronnie Linder and lastly thought this was a break out game for Creed Hayes. Was really impressed how he ran. Also played well on Defense. LA just needs to lick their wounds ...suck it up and don't feel sorry for themselves. Get back to work and get back on track let this game make you better. The defense has to toughen up and play hard for 4 quarters. Actually SC took us to school with nothing fancy nothing flashy but just basic blocking and tackling. The team that does that will win more than they lose...and that's a FACT.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would someone keeps us updated on the McCoin kid and the other player that got hurt.Heard McCoin was still in the hospital.Thanks and Godspeed for a full recovery.

Brock McCoin is one of the toughest people I know. That being said, he was knocked out, literally, after a hit in the third, maybe fourth, quarter. Really scary and really concerned. Hearing he was supposed to be released today though, but nothing official. Great game Coach Jimmy Maynord and the Smith County Owls. Good luck the rest of the way.

I've been on a whirlwind tour the last several weeks. Was in Detroit yesterday. This is the first chance I've had to get caught up with the football scene. I see LA is 1-1. If the opponent is Smith Co. just go ahead and put the mark in the right hand column. The owls and Maynord is not an achievable win. I thought this year was the beginning of the gold ball years. If Friday night is any indication, one of those years will have to be put on hold. SC is good but not state title good. Maybe the troops can be rallied(I doubt it) we'll see. As for beating SC, LA faithful just be patient Maynord will retire someday. He's probably 57-58 years old so retirement might not be far away. Well, I've got to get back to work on the economy. So far, I've not faired any better than LA has against Smith Co

I don't know what was said at half time, but it had an effect. In the 2nd half SC just run it down their throats and I don't believe LA made it past the 50...

Hard nose football by the Owls the last half. LA's defense didn't know who to stop the last half. Four runners had approx. 60 yards each and kept LA dazed as to what to do. Owls had too many options. Owls defense didn't let McCoin get started and Hay