Smith County travels to Livingston Academy

scooter

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't at the SC-GHS game, but sounded like the Owls played horrible to see some people post. They won, so they played "well-enough." If they step off that bus not fired up and not ready to play Friday night, I will be shocked. So shocked that I will buy everyone in attendance and in the Upper Cumberland a popcorn. This one has all the pieces to be a phenomenal high school football game.

Hey King, how physical is Livingston's front this year?

:excl:

This is always a game marked on my schedule..well they all are but this is LA and Smith County. Nobody has to say big game. Its early season and both teams are trying to improve from their last game. If LA can stop the run as I feel they can stop the pass, and stay on offense while minimizing penalties they have a great chance to win. I know thats pretty vanilla but football aint rocket science...Just taking care of business. I have been wrong about this game more than once over the last 10 years but I believe again LA will win. Just gonna buy a ticket and find out! Lookin forward to seeing ILHSF and RC.

GO HOG-EYE!!!

Guest Termite

Termite....what happen to SC last week....i'm hearing it was 14 to 13 in double overtime...ended up naught to naught at regulation....i this true? two years in a row beating G-ville by one pint in a close one, thrill seekers it sounds like....hope ya'll aren't looking to far ahead....must have been an excition game...we travel to DC this week and play our former defensive coordinator "Bernie The Man", hope he takes it easy on us this week....

What happened? SC WON........AGAIN. But it shore weren't purty. G- ville was well prepared and didn't quit. Strong defense. Yelp 0-0 at the end of regulation. 7-7 1st OT. 2ND OT G-ville scores.and kicks extra point. SC answers and goes for 2. Makes it. Ballgame. Great ballgame to watch (no now.that SC won). G-ville is a good football team.

They have a good front five offensively and a pretty decent front seven defensively. I believe that they MUST (yes it sounds dumb, but true) be able to make SC throw the ball. You guys seem to have a stud in the backfield, so that is my key for the LA D. If anything, the linemen from LA are fast. They have some pop, too, but will be looked at as "small and fast." I think this may be one of the most fun and fastest LA teams I can remember. I know what SC brings to the table. So, I figure we are in for a 7 point or less contest either way. You guys be careful, and if you're in about 5:30, there is a great Mexican Restaraunt (Casa Mexicana) right across from LA. Stop in and get some grub, I definitely may be there! If Chair comes, I may even buy his! :roflol:

As for the game, I will just say looking forward to it. I think my prediction for this game this year will be accurate.

i have been good! I am lookin forward to it as well. When do we see your prediction? lol. I took LA not just being a homer but this one of those years where IMO i think LA has a really good chance (although i have thought that before lol). If you still have my number text me when you get there. or come over to the gate on the field.

i have been good! I am lookin forward to it as well. When do we see your prediction? lol. I took LA not just being a homer but this one of those years where IMO i think LA has a really good chance (although i have thought that before lol). If you still have my number text me when you get there. or come over to the gate on the field.

New phone...text me when you get a chance 931.319.0669.

Thought there for a sec you had made a bad bet. LOL Afraid your bet is safe King my boy. Remember this is Smith Co. and HOG-EYE your talking about. How many in a row have they owned us .....oh whose counting anyway. If a player can't get up for this game then something's wrong especially if your a LA player. But those games don't matter friday night is the only thing that matters. And I hope we get to see a great game.

Rocking Chair, talking about LA's atheltes/players, I remember the athlete you were when you played for LA. Hope we don't have to face too many of that ilk. <_<

Rocking Chair, talking about LA's atheltes/players, I remember the athlete you were when you played for LA. Hope we don't have to face too many of that ilk. <_<

LOL Scooter if you remember me then your getting on up there in age yourself. In 3 more years it will be 40 yrs since I donned the blue and white. Wow how time flies and how the game and kids have changed is unreal. LA has alot of talent and if I was playing today I would probably be a line-man or maybe a FB at best. Reading your post you played at Carthage didn't you ?

They have a good front five offensively and a pretty decent front seven defensively. I believe that they MUST (yes it sounds dumb, but true) be able to make SC throw the ball. You guys seem to have a stud in the backfield, so that is my key for the LA D. If anything, the linemen from LA are fast. They have some pop, too, but will be looked at as "small and fast." I think this may be one of the most fun and fastest LA teams I can remember. I know what SC brings to the table. So, I figure we are in for a 7 point or less contest either way. You guys be careful, and if you're in about 5:30, there is a great Mexican Restaraunt (Casa Mexicana) right across from LA. Stop in and get some grub, I definitely may be there! If Chair comes, I may even buy his! :roflol:

Im a cheap date king. I would say that if you can buy the whole uppercumberland some pop-corn then you could afford me. LOL