BA @ MBA

Custer

BA came out of the gate with 3 straight long drives resulting with touchdowns. MBA could do nothing on offense, and BA continued to execute and play well the entire game. By the way, the final was 42-13 I missed that last touchdown.

Edited by nike7

Just watching the game on the web, it looked like MBA gave up early on. BA smelled blood and "game over".

Now it will be up to the MBA coaching staff to motivate the players and work on the weak part of their game.

These are 16 to 18 yr old kids with short memories and with good coaching they can have a successful season.

MBA was pathetic in almost every part of the game beginning with grit and heart.The offensive and defensive lines have managed to do nothing in two games.Completely unable to run between the tackles and on defense, no drive. Secondary then gets shreaded. BA was in QB face all night. Offense went three and out and did not get back on the field until a minute left in first quarter. BA had another long pass TD called back after turning two MBA fumbles into points so it could have been worse. MBA last score was on BA second team defense.

I have seen BA teams for many years and they have a good and solid team that is improving and is confident. This team is not yet great but has the potential. Make no mistake, this game was a slaughter. MBA must circle the wagons and make some personnel changes or they will be overrun. Those changes will start in the morning.

MBA's future scheduele doesn't look easy either; they still have Ensworth, BGA, and Baylor (which is next week) to play.

I'm guessing the injuries suffered during Trinity are the biggest factors; three starters out is not fun at all!

But, every D2 team gets into the playoffs, right?

I wouldn't blame this on the MBA injuries. The fault lies with the MBA DL. No push, no penetration, no aggressiveness. Therefore LBs can't make plays and the secondary is having to do all the run support AND stop the pass. Three juniors and one senior start on DL and my guess is that someone(s) will go to the bench. MBA's SS has been the leader tackler in every game this season. Because the D can't get off the field the O is always playing catch-up, one dimensional O. Additionally, the MBA O-line has gotten no push at all so, forced into 3rd and long, the qb is running for his life.

MBA lost one O-lineman (a back-up also went out against BA), a tailback, and the fs/wr who will return this week. Games are won and lost up front though and right now there is no "up front for MBA. I will add that I am afraid the DC is in over his head.

On the positive side BA ripped MBA last year too. Hope springs eternal and with some personnel moves and player improvement over the season who knows? Several years ago Ensworth annihilated MBA early in the season but the Big Red beat them in the playoffs. Now if Baylor puts a whipping on the Big Red the wheels may come off. Morale is quite low as it is.

Sadly, I must concur with posters that have said it was the worst MBA performance they've ever seen, at least in the last 15 years. I think the BA player quoted in the paper pretty much summed it up when he said, "it seemed they weren't ready for us".

MBA has always been known as a team that is extremely well prepared, disciplined, and hard hitting. I saw none of that Friday night. Arm tackling, looking lost, biting on fakes consistently, no pressure up front. The D-line looked soft. It may be time to think about moving some guys around. James Kay is big enough to play D-line, in my opinion, and looks a step slow at LB anyway. Why not try it?

In years past, MBA has been deficient in athleticism and size, but found a way to win because they out-hit, out-schemed, and out-played their opponent. This doesn't appear to be happening with this team.