Jo Byrns @ East Robertson

Shep

It was the Brandon Adkins Show tonight! He had 360 yards of offense & 5 TD passes tonight. He was 15 of 21 for 294 yards and 5 TD's. He also had 66 yards on the ground. I thought the short passing game was really on tonight. I like the deep ball but we've never had much success with it against the better schools. I'm excited about the possibilities based on what I've seen tonight. I'm still not happy with our run game but we did ok tonight 177 yards on 25 carries.

NOW TO THE DEFENSE!!! I thought we still struggled again tonight; at least early on. The middle of our defense is still struggling but the edges did better tonight. We gave up 152 yards of offense and had plenty of stops. As the game went on, I noticed several players gaining confidence and really started to settle in. There's still plenty of work to do but tonight was a step in the right direction.

I believe the final is 46-6, even though "the zone" kept saying 48-6. JB left a few plays out on the field tonight, but they started to come around late in the 1st. Seems like some of the confidence is back for the 1st time since the jamboree. MOTO just gave you the rundown. Here's what's on my mind...

After tonight, NO ONE can say Coach Adkins isn't all class or runs a class program. Why? This was JB v. ER, The Match in the Patch, and a 10 game win streak on the line...not to mention all important braggin' rights for another year. JB has the ball late in the 4th up 43-6, roughly on the 40 in ER territory (I was on the endzone fence). Who I assume is JB's THIRD string tailback, #3, breaks loose and gets inside the 10, then gets to about the 3 yard line. Coach puts in the THIRD string O-Line on 3rd down. JB then gets it to about the 2 and here comes the FG team on the field. This is significant to me because this is the 3RD YEAR IN A ROW that Coach has called off the dawgs late in the game when he could've hung 50 on ER(and the 2009 ER team was much more than just decent and they about decapitated LK). That says a lot when ER hung 50+ on a very undermatched JB team in '98. I had already graduated two years prior and I haven't forgotten. Coach, to say the least...you're alright. :thumb:

Edited by Shep