Fulton @ Austin East

WestHigh4Life

Both teams are 0-2 and are desperate for a win especially sine this is a district game. Austin-East has won the past 3 games so Fulton will be looking to break that streak. Both teams have strong defenses and run the ball well but do not have any passing game whatsoever. Who do you all think will win this one?

I think Austin East wins by a touchdown.

agree both teams desperate for a win! This is a huge rival and a win in this game could turn the season around for eaither team!! Both offense for futon and AE seem to be very vanilla and consist of the run only... I think this will be a great competitive game and we will get to see a lot of speed and hard hitting in this one. I think that its going to be very competitive and come down to a few big plays. being at AE im going to give them a slight advantage. AE by 6 since both teams have no kicking game what so ever and will go for 2 on most scores if not all.

I saw that Austin-East won by a final score of 12-7. Both teams were 0-2 and now Austin-East improves to 1-2 while Fulton currently sits at 0-3. Next week the Falcons have to travel on the road to play a Pigeon Forge squad that is now 3-0 on the year. Gibbs, Gatlinburg-Pittman, Carter, & Alcoa are also remaining on the Fulton 2011 football schedule.

Since advancing to their last state title game in 2007 (lost to Lipscomb) the Fulton Falcons have compiled an overall record of 19-18 from 2008-PRESENT. Has everyone "closed the gap" talent-wise or is this just a product of opposing coaches figuring out what had been the key to many successful years from 2002-2007 in Falcon Country?

I saw that Austin-East won by a final score of 12-7. Both teams were 0-2 and now Austin-East improves to 1-2 while Fulton currently sits at 0-3. Next week the Falcons have to travel on the road to play a Pigeon Forge squad that is now 3-0 on the year. Gibbs, Gatlinburg-Pittman, Carter, & Alcoa are also remaining on the Fulton 2011 football schedule.

Since advancing to their last state title game in 2007 (lost to Lipscomb) the Fulton Falcons have compiled an overall record of 19-18 from 2008-PRESENT. Has everyone "closed the gap" talent-wise or is this just a product of opposing coaches figuring out what had been the key to many successful years from 2002-2007 in Falcon Country?

Observing from a distance I have noticed a decline in the overall talent level @ Fulton. Not that the Falcons don't have any talent, they do, it just doesn't appear to be as much overall talent as before IMHO. I know the baby Falcons have good teams in most age groups, but by the time they reach high school many of those players are electing to focus on other sports or to go to other schools. I would also add that some of the teams Fulton competes with have built stronger programs more recently than what they use to have back in Fulton's heyday. Things cycle around. Fulton just can't out talent everyone like they use to. Less talent means there will have to be much more emphasis on the coaching, from schemes to discipline, etc... for Fulton to get back to where they were. I'm sure Fulton will enjoy success again, it will just take more energy than before.