Macon County vs Goodpasture

tigerfan83

Macon picked up jb cause they bring a crowd and they are a good program. That helps feed your program. Talk all you want about jb size but that's a good program, they haven't lost a regular season game in 3 years. I really don't care who we pick up or drop in the non regional games as long as the teams we play contribute to our program getting better. It's not about me or the fans it's about the kids. I think us fans forget that sometimes.

Anyway all that's totally off topic. This thread is about MC vs GP. Back to the game at hand. GP always has a good team. Macon will have to play disciplined football to come away with the win. Especially on D. I think we can score points on GP, but the trick here is to stop them. Hopefully last weeks game revealed some things to the coaches that can be adjusted. This is the best program we play all year. This would be a great win for the tigers. But I see it allot like last years game. A high scoring event mInus the turnovers. Too close to call.

I think GP picks up their first win. They have played a tough schedule, CPA will surprise a lot of people this year, and they played pretty well against a superior team in Louisville Central. I do see some points being put up in this game, as in years past. My pick GP 55 macon 28. I do think Macon is on the rise however.

By the way where did Pemberton coach before Macon?

Year before last he coached @ West Laurens High in Dublin, GA. Before that he was @ Knoxville Catholic for 7 years. Were he was 78-11 with 6 regional champs and class 3a state champs in 08.

Edited by RoyalT

Macon picked up jb cause they bring a crowd and they are a good program. That helps feed your program. Talk all you want about jb size but that's a good program, they haven't lost a regular season game in 3 years. I really don't care who we pick up or drop in the non regional games as long as the teams we play contribute to our program getting better. It's not about me or the fans it's about the kids. I think us fans forget that sometimes.

Anyway all that's totally off topic. This thread is about MC vs GP. Back to the game at hand. GP always has a good team. Macon will have to play disciplined football to come away with the win. Especially on D. I think we can score points on GP, but the trick here is to stop them. Hopefully last weeks game revealed some things to the coaches that can be adjusted. This is the best program we play all year. This would be a great win for the tigers. But I see it allot like last years game. A high scoring event mInus the turnovers. Too close to call.

Why not pick up Gordonsville if your looking for a good program to bring a crowd, and they're close to home as well...

Why not pick up Gordonsville if your looking for a good program to bring a crowd, and they're close to home as well...

Gordonsville would of been a good team to play but it's not like you can just go out and cherry pick teams. For all I know we might could of picked up Gordonsville but Jo Byrns is who we played and they've been just as succesful and probably even more so than Gordonsville the past few years.

it is hard for a public school to beat a private school

Alcoa, Maryville, Milan, South Pittsburg, Jo Burns, McKenzie to name a few do it year after year.

Do you mind telling me how they actually recruit? What does the school say to the players, "we want you to come play for us so tell your parents it will start costing them $8,000-20,000 per year".

I think you are getting mixed up by Division I & Division II private schools.

Edited by CougarBrown