2011-2012 District 4a

eaglefan2012

Bull Woman.....they are going to need a lot of women to replace A. Jordan. She tore through thst District Tournament last year. Hard to replace her ppg. Gonna be a trying year for everyone. Even a good team in this district will probably lose one or two/ better be playing well going into tournament. That is a fact! Where they fall this year is really anybody's guess. :hungry:

Oakdale,Wartburg,Coalfield,Oz,Oneida,Sunbright,Jellico. I don't think Oakdale can be touched,Wartburg is always there in the end,Coalfield and Oz get the 3 and 4 spot just because everybody else is down, Oneida lost alot of scoring from last years team and I don't see them having anyone step up and fill Bond's shoes. The last 2 was just a guess.

I think Oneida has just climbed to the 3 spot or higher with the recent coaching change. New Coach, new style,Better Leadership. We just got better.

The Oneida girls have to be a very resilent group, especially the seniors. Four head coaches in four years.

I think you will be seeing a different style of bball this year. Very disciplined and a group of well conditioned ladies. They appear to have good senior leadership out of a couple of the girls and a fairly talented group of underclassmen.It should be an exciting year.

The Oneida girls have to be a very resilent group, especially the seniors. Four head coaches in four years.

I think you will be seeing a different style of bball this year. Very disciplined and a group of well conditioned ladies. They appear to have good senior leadership out of a couple of the girls and a fairly talented group of underclassmen.It should be an exciting year.

Wish Oneida's former coach the best!

4A has IMO good coaches now in place at Oakdale, Wartburg, O.S., Oneida, and Sunbright I think you will see a year that could produce any one of 4 teams as Dist. Champs. Usually when there are many teams in contention it bides well for O.S.

I'm looking forward to the boys and girls 4A season.

Just a thought,

I think that this is the year that East TN in A breaks through and wins the state title. Not saying someone from 4A, but an East Tn team will win state IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Questions for superdave:

Given the fact that you are familiar with Oneida's new coach....will the Lady Indians fortunes rise this year? I would think it was reasonable for them to finish as high as 3rd....will the new coach get them to 1st or 2nd? Also, are those twins in OS dynamite or will they have to grow another year or so? Wartburg have plenty left for Davis to keep them on top or will Oakdale's post be too much? How far with Coalfield fall? (I've heard off the cliff drop, but Carmen is a better coach than given credit for) I know nothing of Sunbright.....how are their girls?

Questions for superdave:

Given the fact that you are familiar with Oneida's new coach....will the Lady Indians fortunes rise this year? I would think it was reasonable for them to finish as high as 3rd....will the new coach get them to 1st or 2nd? Also, are those twins in OS dynamite or will they have to grow another year or so? Wartburg have plenty left for Davis to keep them on top or will Oakdale's post be too much? How far with Coalfield fall? (I've heard off the cliff drop, but Carmen is a better coach than given credit for) I know nothing of Sunbright.....how are their girls?

Oneida could finish as high as 2 or 3 I think. They are young and talented, But they have a good! coach in place and I could see them having much success in the future. O.S. has some good Fr. but I think they need 1 year to grow. Wartburg has more depth at post this year, but I'm not sure they have game-breakers down low. They will go as far as their youth can develop, I see them 1-3 (young kids might do anything).

Sunbright girls played low level competition at camps and lost badly

Coalfield will be better than most expect. They could move into the 4th spot with some luck.

I wouldn't worry about it superdave,district 1 is loaded this year I dont see anyone getting past their top 2 teams to get past the substate.

Dist. 1 is good and nobody has better home court in the sub-state. Last year the sub-state loss by Oakdale was a fluke. They were clearly the better team and will show that this year! Bank on it!