(0-2) Centennial at (1-2) Antioch

TheDanPatrick

On a different note, there is a heck of a story waiting to be written about the horrendous behavior of a particular student body at a recent game. I saw you there and you even witnessed some of the worst show of sportmanship that anyone ever witnessed run right past you at the end of the game. The amazing part is how well the other side handled it all.

details?

I'm not sure this is true anymore. I think there have been several coaches that would like to coach in metro but can't crack the system because they are not "metro guys." But, the pay is good and the expectations are low - why would anyone that doesn't have bigger goals want to leave?

Be careful what you ask for,sometimes you get it.

details?

Ever see several hundred students storm the field to celebrate a victory? Thats no big deal, and expected, right?

Even seen several hundred students storm the field, not even pause midfield for their team celebration, and run to the opposing team's stands to taunt, cuss, and flip off the visitors?

I havent seen that, or even heard of it until last Friday night. Most classless thing I have ever seen. The winning team students were even taunting the losing team's players. How does a non athletic kid taunt someone who has put the energy and effort to be on the football team, regradless of the outcome?

Include in the picture the pregame activites where the host team smoke bombed and water ballooned the visiting team's student tailgate party, as well as the host team students throwing paint on the visiting teams cheerleaders and mascot, and you get a picture of a completely classless and out of control situation.

This is an embarassment to the entire county.

Ever see several hundred students storm the field to celebrate a victory? Thats no big deal, and expected, right?

Even seen several hundred students storm the field, not even pause midfield for their team celebration, and run to the opposing team's stands to taunt, cuss, and flip off the visitors?

I havent seen that, or even heard of it until last Friday night. Most classless thing I have ever seen. The winning team students were even taunting the losing team's players. How does a non athletic kid taunt someone who has put the energy and effort to be on the football team, regradless of the outcome?

Include in the picture the pregame activites where the host team smoke bombed and water ballooned the visiting team's student tailgate party, as well as the host team students throwing paint on the visiting teams cheerleaders and mascot, and you get a picture of a completely classless and out of control situation.

I totally agree with you on this one. I witnessed the event! And add to it classless team led by classless coaches. We lost I know it, but the things that were being said from that side were awful. I guess the players and students act that way because the coaches do to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. So much for my annonimity (sic)!

Yep, I know exactly what you're talking about and saw more than I ever thought I would. Others within my organization are working the issues in your second paragraph. So far, it's pretty tight lipped. I heard about the ballooons and smoke bombs. I saw the paint after the fact. Hope they realize how expensive a mascot costume and cheerleader uniforms can be.

There's a column coming on the post-game issue. The home team did a good job of having security on site, they just weren't at the right place at the right time for that issue. I've also heard some rumblings from a few cheerleaders that, if I can get confirmation, turns my stomach. But until then, it's just a rumor. I have many reasons to make sure something is correct before it's ever printed, much less discussed on a message board.

Wow. So much for my annonimity (sic)!

Yep, I know exactly what you're talking about and saw more than I ever thought I would. Others within my organization are working the issues in your second paragraph. So far, it's pretty tight lipped. I heard about the ballooons and smoke bombs. I saw the paint after the fact. Hope they realize how expensive a mascot costume and cheerleader uniforms can be.

There's a column coming on the post-game issue. The home team did a good job of having security on site, they just weren't at the right place at the right time for that issue. I've also heard some rumblings from a few cheerleaders that, if I can get confirmation, turns my stomach. But until then, it's just a rumor. I have many reasons to make sure something is correct before it's ever printed, much less discussed on a message board.

That is the part that I am talking about. I hope you get to the bottom of it.

Yep, I agree Joenmsusa.....just add to it

5 Down and 5 Across

Franklin, BGA, Ravenwood, Centennial all play Metro teams this week...will it be 4-0 for Wilco teams?

Well guys, Hogan was wrong :popcorneater: ...it was 6-0 Wilco vs Metro as you can also add Brentwood and Brentwood Academy to the Wilco winners against Metro.Good Job Guys :thumb:

Congrats to the Cougars with their first win of the season.

Can anyone share details about how the game went down?

Probably a little hung over from Franklin, CHS looked flat coming out of the gate, especially on defense. Lost an early fumble that probably wasn't a fumble and seemed to have trouble defensing AHS's wishbone look. Got down 8-0 but bounced back with some good inside running, a long TD pass and a pick six to make it 24-8 at half. Second half was uneventful and they went home with a 31-8 win.