HAMPTON @ UNICOI

BDF36

Thank you for writing. I am sorry for no report, but we have not received any information from Hampton about this performance. We cannot send a reporter to all of Hampton's games, so we count on the head coach, Mike Lunsford, or someone he appoints, to send us information about the games if we are not there.

To this day, we have received no report about this player's performance, so we do not know anything about it. If Coach Lunsford or someone at the school could confirm the information, we would be glad to get it in the newspaper.

Thanks again for writing. I have copied this to Coach Lunsford and Hampton's principal.

Doug

Dear Doug,

BULL CRAP! Why can't you have a reporter at all Hampton's games (at least home games)? They rank in the top 10 in 2A in the State? I'd lay my yearly salary that there is a reporter at ALL Elizabethton games!

If you added up all the paper subscribers in Elizabethton and compared that to the number of subscribers that have kids that play for county teams, which one would be more? THAT WHAT I THOUGHT! Its a sorry paper today and always has been!

BDF, I write this to you because I tired of writing it to them the last few years :mrgreen:

They do all county football and basketball teams like this....Even as good as Hampton football and basketball teams were last year, you never saw a good article...maybe about a player or two, but never a good TEAM article. But, if the reporter aint too deep, how deep can the reporting be???!!!! :roflolk:

(Chambers is excluded from this post...I kinda like his reporting!)

i just find it commical how the press covers all county schools. I quit getting their papers a long time ago. Thats why I wanna commend Jamie Combs for doing such a great job covering our games. I enjoy reading his articles every Sunday. Just wish the star had a Saturday paper to compete with the press.

Which school does he cover well?

I receive the J.C. Press also, I dont notice much coverage of county schools either...Carter nor Washington (but I could be wrong, Id be surprised if I were, but I could be :mrgreen: ).....I will say Combs is a good reporter and I feel Chambers is also....thats about it tho

Let's be honest, it's awesome to see our players, team, sons/daughters in print...But thats not what we play the games for...or at least shouldn't be!

Edited by uknoit2

Which school does he cover well? Pretty sure I know!

I receive the J.C. Press also, I dont notice much coverage of county schools...Carter nor Washington (but I could be wrong, Id be surprised if I were, but I could be :mrgreen: ).....I will say Combs is a good reporter and I feel Chambers is also....thats about it tho

Let's be honest, it's awesome to see our players, team, sons/daughters in print...But thats not what we play the games for...or at least shouldn't be!

Yea I wrote the press and DOUG responded which I was suprised, but I did email him back again and said that the star has put 2 articles with his stats in it so surely if they have the info then the press should 2.....The press is sorry crap, I kno the STAR is not huge but thankfuly weve got COMBS back and he covers HAMPTON well and always has, CHAMBERS has always done the county schools and HAMPTON well 2

I hope the DOGS do good this friday ill be cheering for them ...I hope they dont listen to all this 3rd in state talk but im sure coach luns will let them know.... GO DOGS!!!!!!

He kept your heads in it...although you all scared us to death at Unaka and against Unicoi :angry: LOL!

One more BIG guy and you all would have made some noise in post season...Enjoyed watching you play all those years!!!

Which school does he cover well? Pretty sure I know!

I receive the J.C. Press also, I dont notice much coverage of county schools...Carter nor Washington (but I could be wrong, Id be surprised if I were, but I could be :mrgreen: ).....I will say Combs is a good reporter and I feel Chambers is also....thats about it tho

It don't bother me in the least, I don't want these kids getting bigheaded.They are not a finished product,got to work hard and improve every week. Plenty of areas to work on. Individuals can have some great performances but it takes 11 to pave the way.Give me a GREAT line and I'll show you a great back.I'm a big fan of the Waters kid,but its not so much about football,its about his charactor, he deserves praise but he also understands who allows him the ability to be what he is. I just hope he stays healthy and has a great year.

Shoot I can name several good individuals but for this Team to be a great one,they have to all come together and play with ONE HEARTBEAT. I'm not going to make a prediction on the Unicoi game,but if these guys play with one heartbeat,Unicoi will like seeing the departure alot better than the arrival.Its all about TEAM.

It don't bother me in the least, I don't want these kids getting bigheaded.They are not a finished product,got to work hard and improve every week. Plenty of areas to work on. Individuals can have some great performances but it takes 11 to pave the way.Give me a GREAT line and I'll show you a great back.I'm a big fan of the Waters kid,but its not so much about football,its about his charactor, he deserves praise but he also understands who allows him the ability to be what he is. I just hope he stays healthy and has a great year.

Shoot I can name several good individuals but for this Team to be a great one,they have to all come together and play with ONE HEARTBEAT. I'm not going to make a prediction on the Unicoi game,but if these guys play with one heartbeat,Unicoi will like seeing the departure alot better than the arrival.Its all about TEAM.

Most of us understand this, hope they do! They seemed to play like it last Friday! But week after week they should become closer and tighter...Id say Luns will see to that :thumb:

Edited by uknoit2

I have to take my derbie off and honor Lunsford for being who he is all these years. If I were a coach following in his footsteps, I would try to do everything the way he did it. Its no coincidence that coach Luns is having alot of the same success he had at Cloudland. The man loves what he does and it shows in his work. Hampton's team has alot of hard working boys. I saw a few on the sideline last friday who were worried too much about their hairdo, but I bet that'll change if they ever get to see the field for coach luns.

I have to take my derbie off and honor Lunsford for being who he is all these years. If I were a coach following in his footsteps, I would try to do everything the way he did it. Its no coincidence that coach Luns is having alot of the same success he had at Cloudland. The man loves what he does and it shows in his work. Hampton's team has alot of hard working boys. I saw a few on the sideline last friday who were worried too much about their hairdo, but I bet that'll change if they ever get to see the field for coach luns.

Lunsford and Jr were the best thing to have happened to my kid....Can't wait for my other boys to get there. If you'll give everything you got, they'll bring out what you didnt know you had!!!

Edited by uknoit2