CAK vs. Loudon

FootballDad

OK, its Tuesday already and no one has posted about CAK vs. Loudon yet. I know that CAK fans are still in shock about the loss to Grace and the Loudon fans are probably still dazed by the huge loss to Alcoa a couple weeks ago. BUT, this game has been a rough and tumble affair the past several years and its time to look forward to this contest on Friday night. The Warriors are a very capable team, but until they find some defensive answers every game is going to be a shoot out. Graduation, injuries, inexperience and practically no depth at all are contributing to the defensive whoas. I've been told Loudon is a bit down this year as well. What are your thoughts about this very important district game at CAK?

Lenoir City thought Loudon was "down" too and you saw what happened there. CAK better come to play.

Loudon does a wonderful job running their offense.

Thats what I'm afraid of. This most likely will be another shootout then, just like last year. Last years game with the Redskins was a classic barn burner with neither team giving up, back and forth, and finally Loudon just ran out of time. I'm not sure my heart can take another one of those, but it appears we are headed in that direction. I am afraid both defenses are going to take a beating. CAK is already feeling the affects of injuries and lack of depth. I'm still hopeful that my Warriors will get it turned around on the defensive side, but the defensive performance the past 2 weeks has left a lot to be desired. The effort hasn't been bad, but the tackling has been atrocious. Loudon will run that veer styled option with some zone read and some pistol formations and make CAK stop the run. So far, other than up in KY, the Warriors haven't been able to do that. Of course Loudon will have to find a way to stop the passing game and short of another sloppy field I don't see them having any more success with that than CAK stopping the run. Whats a fan to do, ha. I guess I'll get a burger and some nanner puddin and watch the show from the edge of my seat.

Thats what I'm afraid of. This most likely will be another shootout then, just like last year. Last years game with the Redskins was a classic barn burner with neither team giving up, back and forth, and finally Loudon just ran out of time. I'm not sure my heart can take another one of those, but it appears we are headed in that direction. I am afraid both defenses are going to take a beating. CAK is already feeling the affects of injuries and lack of depth. I'm still hopeful that my Warriors will get it turned around on the defensive side, but the defensive performance the past 2 weeks has left a lot to be desired. The effort hasn't been bad, but the tackling has been atrocious. Loudon will run that veer styled option with some zone read and some pistol formations and make CAK stop the run. So far, other than up in KY, the Warriors haven't been able to do that. Of course Loudon will have to find a way to stop the passing game and short of another sloppy field I don't see them having any more success with that than CAK stopping the run. Whats a fan to do, ha. I guess I'll get a burger and some nanner puddin and watch the show from the edge of my seat.

Amen fer th' nanner puddin!! That's my favorite part of coming to CAK!!

When its all said and done i think CAK has to much fire power for loudon to hang around for 4 quarters this year! I think its close for a while but CAK just to much down the stretch and it forces loudon out of there comfort zone and cak pulls away late in 2nd half. good luck to both teams and usually this is a great one.

Loudon physically looks like their down this year but they are well coached and play with a lot of heart. They beat a Lenior City team that physically looked a whole lot better. Don't forget they were only down 6-0 to Alcoa after 1st quarter. I think it might be a lower scoring game than some might think with loudon's ability to run the football eating the clock up.

This is a very important game for both teams. Very little chatter from either side. Not sure what to make of it all other than its apparent that from the fans perspective there is not a great deal of confidence how this game will turn out. I would like to think that CAK has too much offense for Loudon to win, but after watching that game last year and with the well documented defensive struggles the Warriors have had thus far in the season, I know that I'm not confident of predicting a victory. CAK has won the last 2 meetings. I hope that streak continues, but I know Loudon will come in determined to get the W. Hope the Loudon fans come and fill up the stands, by some burgers and banana pudding, and have a safe trip. See ya Friday night.

This is a very important game for both teams. Very little chatter from either side. Not sure what to make of it all other than its apparent that from the fans perspective there is not a great deal of confidence how this game will turn out. I would like to think that CAK has too much offense for Loudon to win, but after watching that game last year and with the well documented defensive struggles the Warriors have had thus far in the season, I know that I'm not confident of predicting a victory. CAK has won the last 2 meetings. I hope that streak continues, but I know Loudon will come in determined to get the W. Hope the Loudon fans come and fill up the stands, by some burgers and banana pudding, and have a safe trip. See ya Friday night.

I'm always reluctant to say that I'm "confident" about a game. However, I like CAK's chances against Loudon this year, in spite of the defense's troubles in the last couple of games.

I saw both the CAK/Loudon varsity and JV games last year. Loudon's most dangerous offensive weapon was their QB, who was very good as a runner and as a passer (also one of their best defensive players too); I believe he graduated. Loudon's JV offense had a very difficult time moving the ball consistently against CAK's JV defense last year. I suspect we'll see many of those same guys lining up against each other in the varsity game this year when Loudon has the ball. Of course, a lot can change in a year, and there's no way to predict anything with certainty, but based on what I saw last year, I THINK our defense will be good enough to give the team a chance to win.

On the other side of the ball, CAK's offense has a totally new line as compared to last year's game, but so far the new guys have done a very good job giving 12 plenty of time to do his thing. The receiving corps has the same weapons--plus some new added weapons--compared to this game last year--the receiving corps is in my opinion deeper than this time last year. And 32 is showing some good "lean" in the way he runs the ball.

Loudon teams always seem to be hard-nosed, well-coached and bring everything they've got, so it won't be easy. The Warriors better come ready to play hard. GO Warriors!

Edited by Warriors2011

Who will be the nail and who will be the hammer??? Lol!

Well, as you've astutely pointed out elsewhere, the game will be decided on the field, so of course we don't know yet who will be hammering and who will be getting hammered. LOL. All we can do is speculate. Who do you think will be the hammer in this one???

Edited by Warriors2011