Mr. Football candidates

4thninches

Last year Coach Creasy (TC) told me that Jacob Tucker was the best all around football player he saw on our level (1A/2A)...and that includes Whitemore (SM), Hale (SP), and Rice (WC) just to name a few.

I would consider his opinion as pretty high praise. He usually doesn't just pump a kid up unless it's deserved. That being said...his stats are going to be off the charts and he was a candidate last year. Unless he gets hurt, Tucker has to be the favorite. Right now, I'd take him over the rest of the field.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played against him and watched the state title game and several playoff games as well. I also watched him play at Mississippi State against UT. He had about 380 all purpose yards against Wayne County in his sophmore year. Spring Hill beat Wayne County 70 to 7 that night. The year that they (Spring Hill) won the state title was in 1986 and we (Wayne County) held them down that night they only beat us 21-7. Orlando Wade was Mr. Football his junior & senior year. He was very hard to tackle especially with the slick stuff that he wore on his pants.

He had about 105 yards in the state title game and most of that was off of a couple of big plays in the first half. In the second half he mostly ran to the side lines to avoid our all-state line backer/full back, David Wyatt.

In 1985, I wouldn't have traded 1 Johnny Sisco for 5 Papa Wades or in 1986 1 Carl Lehr for 6 of him. I also remember Johnny Majors being there to look at him. Lake County had a guy that should have gotten it in 1985.

Edited by rlh

Last year Coach Creasy (TC) told me that Jacob Tucker was the best all around football player he saw on our level (1A/2A)...and that includes Whitemore (SM), Hale (SP), and Rice (WC) just to name a few.

I would consider his opinion as pretty high praise. He usually doesn't just pump a kid up unless it's deserved. That being said...his stats are going to be off the charts and he was a candidate last year. Unless he gets hurt, Tucker has to be the favorite. Right now, I'd take him over the rest of the field.

I'll have to talk to him about that.

This thread isn't about Mr. Football Candidates in the 80s. Can we get back on Topic?

Start a thread for Mr. FB Candidates in the 80s if thats what you prefer to talk about...

That question has already been answered, it is too bleeping early. :roflol: As far as kids from last year, Tucker seems to have a shoe up.

This thread isn't about Mr. Football Candidates in the 80s. Can we get back on Topic?

Start a thread for Mr. FB Candidates in the 80s if thats what you prefer to talk about...

If I said that Tucker is better than Wade would that make it okay to talk about it on here? By the way I'm not saying that. I think that you probably just want to talk about Tucker.

I will say that I believe that Jacob Tucker will win Mr. Football this year. How is that? I believe that unless he gets hurt it is his to loose. Tucker is a very good player and a very big asset to Perry County's program. He is do it all for PC. He is Mr. defense, kicker, punter, on top of being the QB. Not very many other players are Mr. Do it Alls like he is.

If I said that Tucker is better than Wade would that make it okay to talk about it on here? By the way I'm not saying that. I think that you probably just want to talk about Tucker.

I will say that I believe that Jacob Tucker will win Mr. Football this year. How is that? I believe that unless he gets hurt it is his to loose. Tucker is a very good player and a very big asset to Perry County's program. He is do it all for PC. He is Mr. defense, kicker, punter, on top of being the QB. Not very many other players are Mr. Do it Alls like he is.

Its not that I want to talk about Tucker I just don't know anything about past players from way back. Just prefer to talk about the present! :thumb: