5 craimont

6 clarksville

7 ridgeway

8 melrose

melrose at east

craigmont at dyer co

ridgeway at henry co

clarksville at northeast

After what saw last night in the Henry County/Springfield game, I would that henry County wont be in a close game until the Championship game

sullivan south 2-2

daniel boone 2-3

tennessee 2-3

morristown west 5-0

morrisest east 2-3

cocke co 3-2

cherokee 3-2

*south doyle 2-2

powell 5-0

anderson co 2-3

lenior city 2-2

west 3-2

catholic 2-2

ooltewah 3-2

cleveland 2-3

columbia 5-0

shelbyville 4-1

tullahoma 3-2

gallatin 5-0

hendersonville 4-1

beech 3-2

henry co 5-0

northeast 4-0

clarksville 3-2

springfield 2-3

*hillsboro 2-3

antioch 2-3

hillwood 2-3

glencliff 3-2

dyer co 4-1

craigmont 2-2

*barlett 2-3

ridgeway 2-3

east 5-0

melrose 2-3

*hamilton 2-3

quad 1

1 powell

2 morristown west

3 south

4 cocke co

5 cherokee

6 morristown east

7 boone

8 tennessee

tennessee at powell

cherokee at cocke co

boone at west

east at south

quad 2

1 shlebyville

2 tullahoma

3 ooltewah

4 west

5 lenior city

6 catholic

7 anderson co

8 cleveland

cleveland at shelbyville

lenior city at west

anderson co at tullahoma

catholic at ooltewah

quad 3

1 columbia

2 gallatin

3 hendersonville

4 beech

5 glencliff

6 antioch

7 springfield

8 hillwood

hillwood at columbia

glencliff at beech

springfield at gallatin

antioch at hendersonville

quad 4

1 east

2 henry co

3 northeast

4 dyer co

5 craimont

6 clarksville

7 ridgeway

8 melrose

melrose at east

craigmont at dyer co

ridgeway at henry co

clarksville at northeast

As bad as I hate talking about these things in the month of September...keep in mind that Memphis East has still yet to play MUS, White Station, Melrose, and Whitehaven...(& Craigmont who they will beat). Memphis East is a very dangerous team but I believe they will drop at least one (probably Whitehaven) and maybe two (MUS). Therefore, Henry County (who has West Creek, Northeast, Clarksville High, Dickson County, and Rossview) should be in that top spot in Quad 4 (if the football gods put the Patriots in that Quad)..which will make the Patriot fans dance in the streets!

As bad as I hate talking about these things in the month of September...keep in mind that Memphis East has still yet to play MUS, White Station, Melrose, and Whitehaven...(& Craigmont who they will beat). Memphis East is a very dangerous team but I believe they will drop at least one (probably Whitehaven) and maybe two (MUS). Therefore, Henry County (who has West Creek, Northeast, Clarksville High, Dickson County, and Rossview) should be in that top spot in Quad 4 (if the football gods put the Patriots in that Quad)..which will make the Patriot fans dance in the streets!

Prez why do you want to go west for the playoffs? I thought in earlier posts that you wanted in the quad next to us that has hendersonville, beech, gallatin.............. for the playoffs. Was I wrong? What are the advantages for y'all heading west?

Prez why do you want to go west for the playoffs? I thought in earlier posts that you wanted in the quad next to us that has hendersonville, beech, gallatin.............. for the playoffs. Was I wrong? What are the advantages for y'all heading west?

Columbia, Hendersonville, Gallatin, Beech, Springfield?....are you kidding me? I'll take Ridgeway, Melrose, Memphis East, Dyer County all day long over those...especially playing them at Patriot Stadium! I know the Patriots are having a good season...but as well coached as the teams are that will be participating in Quad 3 (possibly)...and given our history against those teams...I'd rather set up a scenerio where we only have to play 1 of those teams...not 3 of them!

1st . No choice ...as QBPez stated Id rather play 2 in the west before going across the beautiful Tennessee River

Columbia, Hendersonville, Gallatin, Beech, Springfield?....are you kidding me? I'll take Ridgeway, Melrose, Memphis East, Dyer County all day long over those...especially playing them at Patriot Stadium! I know the Patriots are having a good season...but as well coached as the teams are that will be participating in Quad 3 (possibly)...and given our history against those teams...I'd rather set up a scenerio where we only have to play 1 of those teams...not 3 of them!

And with it appearing as if no other "dominant" team is going to emerge from the west side of the state, it is looking more and more like a strong possibility that we end up in quad 4. And to be honest, I would not be thrilled with it. I would actually prefer quad 3. I think the games would be more competitive, the crowds would be bigger (with respect to Melrose), and it would just be an all around more exciting playoff experience. But that's just my opinion. The only thing we gain from going into quad 4 would be 2, or possibly even 3 more blowouts before we actually meet up with a good team.

And with it appearing as if no other "dominant" team is going to emerge from the west side of the state, it is looking more and more like a strong possibility that we end up in quad 4. And to be honest, I would not be thrilled with it. I would actually prefer quad 3. I think the games would be more competitive, the crowds would be bigger (with respect to Melrose), and it would just be an all around more exciting playoff experience. But that's just my opinion. The only thing we gain from going into quad 4 would be 2, or possibly even 3 more blowouts before we actually meet up with a good team.

I'm not interested in "competitive" during the postseason...I'm more interested in advancing. Since the TSSAA gets 50% of the gate right off the top...then the two schools split the other half (25%/25% of the total gate)...the crowds "to me" aren't that big of a concern either. I want to get our community to Cookeville by which ever route we can....preferably with as little resistance as we can..which in this case...may end up being through Quad 4...again..just my opinion!

I'm not interested in "competitive" during the postseason...I'm more interested in advancing. Since the TSSAA gets 50% of the gate right off the top...then the two schools split the other half (25%/25% of the total gate)...the crowds "to me" aren't that big of a concern either. I want to get our community to Cookeville by which ever route we can....preferably with as little resistance as we can..which in this case...may end up being through Quad 4...again..just my opinion!

Oh I can see your point of view. I would also like to get to Cookeville regardless of the route we take. My post would just be my personal preferance of which "route". The bottom line is, it doesn't matter which quadrant we go in, we're gonna have to beat at least a couple of very good teams if we want to win a gold ball. I'm a fan of HC, but I'm a fan of the game first and foremost. And I just prefer good, hard fought, competitive games. I don't care about the dollar signs behind the crowds as much either. The crowds just add more to the experience in my opinion.

With all that said, none of it matters because it's still September!!!

Edited by RedSwarm10

This is still to hard to hash out at this point. Maybe in three weeks there will be a better picture.

There are currently 25 teams in 5A who have won 3 or more games.

5 are undefeated (Henry Co, Gallatin, Powell, Columbia, Morristown West)

3 have only 1 loss (Memphis East, Dyer Co, Shelbyville)

There are 18 teams who have 2 wins. There are only 7 spots available to those 18 teams.

My top 4 would be Henry Co, Columbia, Memphis East, and Morristown West (not necessarily in that order).

Until some of these 2 win teams seperate themselves, it will be difficult to determine what teams will be in what quadrant. May even go down to week 10, especially since last year so many 4 win teams were left out while 4 teams with 4 wins got in.