5A Playoffs

mjuhb

This is still to hard to hash out at this point. Maybe in three weeks there will be a better picture.

There are currently 25 teams in 5A who have won 3 or more games.

5 are undefeated (Henry Co, Gallatin, Powell, Columbia, Morristown West)

3 have only 1 loss (Memphis East, Dyer Co, Shelbyville)

There are 18 teams who have 2 wins. There are only 7 spots available to those 18 teams.

My top 4 would be Henry Co, Columbia, Memphis East, and Morristown West (not necessarily in that order).

Until some of these 2 win teams seperate themselves, it will be difficult to determine what teams will be in what quadrant. May even go down to week 10, especially since last year so many 4 win teams were left out while 4 teams with 4 wins got in.

Are ya'll sure Morristown West doesn't play in the 6A playoffs?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is still to hard to hash out at this point. Maybe in three weeks there will be a better picture.

There are currently 25 teams in 5A who have won 3 or more games.

5 are undefeated (Henry Co, Gallatin, Powell, Columbia, Morristown West)

3 have only 1 loss (Memphis East, Dyer Co, Shelbyville)

There are 18 teams who have 2 wins. There are only 7 spots available to those 18 teams.

My top 4 would be Henry Co, Columbia, Memphis East, and Morristown West (not necessarily in that order).

-

Until some of these 2 win teams seperate themselves, it will be difficult to determine what teams will be in what quadrant. May even go down to week 10, especially since last year so many 4 win teams were left out while 4 teams with 4 wins got in.

I am most interested in how the 5 undefeateds would be Quad seeded should they all finish 10-0. Somebody would get doubled up. Geographically speaking, would be Columbia and Gallatin or Powell and Mo-West. I believe Columbia and Powell would finish ranked #1 and #2 so they would probably be given top seeds. I think if those 5 remain it will be quad 1: Mo-West, quad 2: Powell , quad 3: Columbia, with Gallatin a # 2 seed, and quad 4: Henry Co.

I am most interested in how the 5 undefeateds would be Quad seeded should they all finish 10-0. Somebody would get doubled up. Geographically speaking, would be Columbia and Gallatin or Powell and Mo-West. I believe Columbia and Powell would finish ranked #1 and #2 so they would probably be given top seeds. I think if those 5 remain it will be quad 1: Mo-West, quad 2: Powell , quad 3: Columbia, with Gallatin a # 2 seed, and quad 4: Henry Co.

I thought strength of schedule was used instead of AP rankings in determining seeds, Powell's schedule is alot weaker compared to the other 4 undefeated teams in 5A so wouldn't they be doubled up instead of Gallatin.