McCallie at Baylor

oldwiseone

Like I said, McCallie is committed to letting all those who want to attend this game do so.....thus Finley.

Sorry but I don't buy that. It has not been that many years since it was at McCallie. Finley is a sterile environment for what should be the most exciting game in town. And that is what it is when it is at Baylor. Our goal should not being committed to letting everyone go. We are fooling ourselves on this. Our students and fans would like nothing better than to have it at McCallie....not a half empty stadium. I say congratulations to Baylor for moving it to their campus and letting their students, fans, alumni have an outstanding experience. Next year I will cheer for McCallie in a half filled stadium that no way compares to the excitement put on at Baylor.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but I don't buy that. It has not been that many years since it was at McCallie. Finley is a sterile environment for what should be the most exciting game in town. And that is what it is when it is at Baylor. Our goal should not being committed to letting everyone go. We are fooling ourselves on this. Our students and fans would like nothing better than to have it at McCallie....not a half empty stadium. I say congratulations to Baylor for moving it to their campus and letting their students, fans, alumni have an outstanding experience. Next year I will cheer for McCallie in a half filled stadium that no way compares to the excitement put on at Baylor.

Well, glad to read you are still going to cheer for McCallie.

Well, glad to read you are still going to cheer for McCallie.

As a McCallie alum there is never any doubt who I will cheer for. But one thing I learned in school was to have an open mind. I don't believe that just because you take a different stance from someone like yourself in anyway should question your support. Are you an alum also?

As a McCallie alum there is never any doubt who I will cheer for. But one thing I learned in school was to have an open mind. I don't believe that just because you take a different stance from someone like yourself in anyway should question your support. Are you an alum also?

In an earlier post you reference "half-empty stadium" two times.....

Open minds are great.....if they are truly open.....to all sides of an issue.....

Since you attended McCallie you should understand sarcasm.....

Not an alum....just a parent of one.....

Peace!

In an earlier post you reference "half-empty stadium" two times.....

Open minds are great.....if they are truly open.....to all sides of an issue.....

Since you attended McCallie you should understand sarcasm.....

Not an alum....just a parent of one.....

Peace!

I have been open minded to this topic for a few years now. At first I did not like the idea of having the game on campus. Until I have attended two games at Baylor now and a couple back at Finley....I just became a believer. Sorry, but I would gladly give up letting "anyone" that wants to come to the game to let our students and players experience what the Baylor students have. Just my opinion for sure. As for the traffice....wow, wouldn't any other school give anything to have that kind of a problem. There is intense interest in this game so that is just a part of it I guess. Anyway, not meaning to argue with you....but after seeing all of the excitement at Baylor I just know Finley just doesn't compare. Like you said....Peace!

Missed the game live but recorded it on the DVR. Unfortunately, due to the late start of the game the DVR stopped recording with a few minutes left....argh! My question is how catch-able was the second down pass to the McCallie RB? The paper made it sound like it was a sure TD (missed) but then papers are known to be overly dramatic. Who had a good view?

Extremely catchable. The second pass attempt was not as catchable... It was thrown high into double coverage. The first one the receiver was wide open... ball went through his arms... off his tummy to the ground. He would have been inside the 5 or TD.

I'm working on letting it go along with other past plays! :)

Definitely was exciting!