McCallie at Baylor

oldwiseone

Just saw the final score Baylor 34 McCallie 28

I watched in online. The first half was all Baylor! 31 to 7 at the half! The Big Blue come out the second half and did themselves proud. They fought back to 28 to 34 with about 2:00 left in the game and McCallie at their own 19.

They drove the ball down the field with about 30 sec left McCallie threw the ball deep on 3rd down and just off the hands of wide open reciever! On 4th down a pass across the middle that would have been a first down inside Baylors 30 but the ball was too high for the reciever to hold on. Baylor did a good job hanging on. They were great in the first half and especially the first stanza.

GREAT GAME BY BOTH TEAMS! McCallie showed a lot of PRIDE! I believe they will have a good chance to meet again and I hope it is in the State Championship Game.

I am of course a McCallie fan and I am really proud of the players and Coaches!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great high school football game...and the environment was second to none. Baylor just dominated the 1st half and seemed to continue where we left off with Ensworth. The second half we stopped McCallie on 3 and out. Baylor's fantastic kicker kicked a 52 yard field goal....and the Red seemed to make too many mistakes and play conservative. Costly penalties keep McCallie drives alive along with a Baylor fumble. McCallie took advantage of them and made it quite a game. Nice comeback by McCallie....but congratulations to the Baylor Red Raiders....the streak is alive and well at 4!

Congrats to the Red. Extremely proud of the blue for fighting back.

Must do something about the traffic. Horrendous. Also one should never start a football game without all safety personnel present. Ambulance didn't arrive until the first quarter was almost over. Have we not seen enough need for such this season?

Must do something about the traffic. Horrendous. Also one should never start a football game without all safety personnel present. Ambulance didn't arrive until the first quarter was almost over. Have we not seen enough need for such this season?

Congrats to both teams. They are the best two teams in Chattanooga....period. The traffic situation is no different than going to Auburn or Tuscaloosa. One way in and one way out. It is what it is. I know you have been to Baylor/McCallie games before when held at Baylor. By the way....what a great atmosphere. I wish McCallie would move their turn to their campus instead of playing in a half empty stadium.

SM and SPitt happened to be at Signal. I'm sure this influenced the traffic too. I blame the ambulance service for not being there on time. Wonder if they ever thought of turning on their red lights and sirens?

good luck to both the rest of the way.

Congrats to both teams. They are the best two teams in Chattanooga....period. The traffic situation is no different than going to Auburn or Tuscaloosa. One way in and one way out. It is what it is. I know you have been to Baylor/McCallie games before when held at Baylor. By the way....what a great atmosphere. I wish McCallie would move their turn to their campus instead of playing in a half empty stadium.

SM and SPitt happened to be at Signal. I'm sure this influenced the traffic too. I blame the ambulance service for not being there on time. Wonder if they ever thought of turning on their red lights and sirens?

good luck to both the rest of the way.

Cleveland at Red Bank contributed to the traffic issues as well. Goes to show how important high school football is in the South when three big games at one end of town creates grid- lock.

It's nice to read a threat about a heated rivalry where people conduct themselves in a civilized, even dignified manner (as a simple-minded man like me would expect). I was a big fan of Sportsmanship. I was present at its funeral, where it was laid to rest near Common Sense and Personal Accountability. Sportsmanship's close friend, Good Manners, was on life support and unable to attend.

Congratulations to Baylor on another big win! What an atmosphere....as someone else said it is 2nd to none. This was a sell out...couple that with the big game on Signal Mountain and the big game at near by Red Bank and there is going to be alot of traffic. We all know this. The ambulance should plan accordingly and be there very early when it is evident that their will be alot of traffic. Much better to have this problem than play at Finley where the game is played to what looks like a half empty stadium. Go Baylor!

Traffic is a pain for sure. But, I think traffic is a good sign....look at the bright side bluemom. Most high school programs would kill to have a sold out stadium where you had to fight traffic to get to the game. Also, I would think traffic jams would be expected at a hyped game like this. Again, I see it as a good problem. Congratulations to Baylor on being undefeated at this point.

The Baylor place-kicker Henrique Ribeiro arguably was the difference in this game. His 2 field goals of 42 and 52 yards turned out to be the point differential.

What a weapon! How many other high school teams simply have to reach the opponent's 40 yard line for an opportunity to score. Basically, Baylor goes into every game already up 6+ points because of Henrique.

Henrique is definitely something to see. Hope he is getting looks!

As to traffic, the 3 games definitely contributed. However, as game administrator (home team responsibility), I would never start competition without appropriate safety personnel present regardless of who might or might not have planned appropriately. There is no event big enough to risk the life of any participant, child or official. We have had 2 tragic football related fatalities in the Chattanooga area within the last 3 weeks alone. When seconds count, if it were my child, the ambulance had better be there. Of course, that is the game administrators decision and assumption of liability. Hope your pockets are deep.

As to returning to the Blue campus, I am good with the event at Finley. Handicapped access, less vandalism, better event control, better view (mountains, river, no port-a-potties), more than adequate space to handle crowd and community that wishes to attend. Most importantly, no Red on campus.