JC vs. GHS

jcfan911

Time was when football meant something up there or so legend has it. Ask around. Ask former Coach Danny Huffines or Joe Halfacre, they coached football at one time there as well as played. Ask Tommy and Donnie Elkins about playing football there, or Roy, Ralph, Buddy or Grey Morgan, Steve Draper, Mike Dyer(not the pizza guy).

It takes time to rebuild a program and lots of work on the parts of not just coaches but parents, students and the staff of the school, ever hear that saying it takes a village to raise a child? It takes a town to hold up all the sports teams at a school so that they excel. Gordonsville does that, can you say the same about Gainesboro?

Go Tigers!!

I believe in the Blue and White!

I believe in Coach Ronald Lee Marshall and his staff!!

I believe any team can be great, but everyone has to want it .....

Currently no you cant. We don't expect them to be a 2a Maryville but as was said earlier there is a difference in losing a game and laying down and getting killed. If they play like they did earlier in the year win or lose we would be proud of them.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good group of receivers, if we can get time to throw that is. We have decent backs they were shut down last week for sure though. Skill spots we are actually pretty good, but as we know the game is won or lost on the line and we have serious issues there. They have at times looked ok just a big work in progress. I will say our defense for the most part will pop you, if they can keep their heads up. Last week they just laid down.

If you're line is suspect, you're liable to have trouble this week.

That, IMO, is our strongest area.

I was glad to see that I shared the same opinion as Coach Marshall on how Gville played last week.

IF they come out focused this week, JC could be in trouble.

Croz, let me ask you a question. When Gordonsville played those Trousdale boys a few weeks ago, did that Marshall man and those Gordonsville boys jump on their field like they did Griders last year? If they did that is probably why Gordonsville lost to those Trousdale boys.

Croz, let me ask you a question. When Gordonsville played those Trousdale boys a few weeks ago, did that Marshall man and those Gordonsville boys jump on their field like they did Griders last year? If they did that is probably why Gordonsville lost to those Trousdale boys.

Nah, they didn't do it.

If we come to SP this year, just have Grider and his players clear us out a spot to jump. :roflol:

JC is in survival mode. This is their third straight game playing the top tier teams in the region (they did have a bye week in between). Being realistic, I don't expect victory, but I do expect to see a team ready to quit making the same mistakes, allowing easy scores, and a team determined to play a full 48 minutes. I want to see the boys compete. If the score does reach the mercyrule, that's fine, I just want it to occur in a manner in which Gvill has to work for it. I expect to see better play from JC. I want to see a team that is improving. I believe this team has the ability to win games the second half of the season. But, I don't want it to start next week. I want that ability to show during the Gville game. And I do hope Gville brings its best game. Looking forward to Friday night.

JC is in survival mode. This is their third straight game playing the top tier teams in the region (they did have a bye week in between). Being realistic, I don't expect victory, but I do expect to see a team ready to quit making the same mistakes, allowing easy scores, and a team determined to play a full 48 minutes. I want to see the boys compete. If the score does reach the mercyrule, that's fine, I just want it to occur in a manner in which Gvill has to work for it. I expect to see better play from JC. I want to see a team that is improving. I believe this team has the ability to win games the second half of the season. But, I don't want it to start next week. I want that ability to show during the Gville game. And I do hope Gville brings its best game. Looking forward to Friday night.

I'm anxious to see Goad.

And, I'm hoping ya'll don't get it together til next week.