MBA vs Pearl-Cohn

howdoitknow

I agree but the reality is, a team like '95 or '96 didn't have near the schedule like this team has to start the year. That's the reality of playing in D2--in addition to BA, you get a really good Baylor team, and maybe the best BGA team in a long time. A team like the '95 team facing a schedule like this might easily find itself sitting at 1-4 also.

Regardless--I agree. It's a poorly coached team with plenty enough talent to do better than what we've seen so far. What's the most disappointing is how "un-physcial" we are.

Gotta somewhat disagree on your schedule point. The '95, '96 teams' first 5 games included Gallatin (a power at the time), Clarksville NE (Travis Stephens, Tim Terry, etc.), and Henry County. Not a D-II schedule to be sure, but not too shaby for the time. I can assure you those teams played harder and were more disciplined than the current group...and would not be 1-4.

Losing to BGA is embarrassing. I realize they are much improved, but they weren't even on our radar 10-15 years ago. Wouldn't even have scrimmaged them.

Agree. We are totally "un-physical".

The team is very un-physical. you would never see that from last years staff or any team coached be Coach elliot. Toughness has been a trademark of the Big Red. We used to win with lesser players and better coaching. Unfortunately this year we have the opposite...in some games we have better players, but lesser coaching.

Bingo.

Gotta somewhat disagree on your schedule point. The '95, '96 teams' first 5 games included Gallatin (a power at the time), Clarksville NE (Travis Stephens, Tim Terry, etc.), and Henry County. Not a D-II schedule to be sure, but not too shaby for the time. I can assure you those teams played harder and were more disciplined than the current group...and would not be 1-4.

Losing to BGA is embarrassing. I realize they are much improved, but they weren't even on our radar 10-15 years ago. Wouldn't even have scrimmaged them.

Agree. We are totally "un-physical".

I agree. MBA having to play BGA is embarrassing. It was really unfortunate that BGA won 2 years ago at homecoming, and should have won last year. At last years game, it was 35 to 35 and BGA had it 1st and 5. Coach U decided to pass and he admitted the loss was his fault. What was most disturbing about last weeks game was the fact that the MBA line dramatically outweighed the BGA defensive line, yet BGA controlled the line of scrimmage on every play. Other than at the quarterback position, the MBA talent is far superior. Does that not come down to simply coaching. I feel that it is just bad karma. MBA should have left Coach U in Franklin. He does not belong in Belle Meade with all the blue bloods. BGA clearly traded up in terms of a coaching staff.

Are you being sarcastic? If not, I think you are selling several very talented players from BGA down the river with this statement.

MBA might not be winning but the football team loves their coach and are happy with the way they are being treated with dignity and respect. Winning is not everything!

That's part of the problem. Why play if you are not playing to win. I bet if you asked the boys that are passionate about the game and are playing to win, they would disagree with your statement. At MBA there used to be no other option than to win. These boys are not babies and if they expect to be treated like babies they should not be playing this sport. Respect and dignity also comes with winning.

MBA might not be winning but the football team loves their coach and are happy with the way they are being treated with dignity and respect. Winning is not everything!

Then Ricky Bowers certainly has nothing to worry about from us for the forseeable future....I wonder where "making the kids feel loved" falls on his list of priorities.

Are you being sarcastic? If not, I think you are selling several very talented players from BGA down the river with this statement.

BGA lacks depth but certainly not talent. Other than having a huge, powerful offensive line, where did MBA have more talent? Wide receiver, running back, defensive back, linebacker? I believe BGA was more talented at these positions.

Then Ricky Bowers certainly has nothing to worry about from us for the forseeable future....I wonder where "making the kids feel loved" falls on his list of priorities.

Exactly. Bowers is an great coach with an excellent record but not necessarily the warm and fuzzy kind. But most young men loved playing for Bowers, as did most who played for Coach McGugin. Bowers was smart, he saw what was coming w/ Gioia and he hit the road.

Back to football...MBA wins tomorrow night.

Edited by oldschoolred

This quote is obviously from someone who knows nothing about the core of the team and the killer instinct it takes to win in this league. This team is suffering from a scandal hangover, consistent mistakes on both sides of the ball, awful secondary play and no killer mentality. I hope you enjoy sitting in the stands with inappropriate203(who wants to go 1 and 9 with new staff rather than 13-0 with old staff) and enjoy these kids getting their brains beat out. Losing, Madam,breeds losers, and is no way to play in this game or in life. You would be of great help if you stayed at home on Friday night.

• Upvote 1

This quote is obviously from someone who knows nothing about the core of the team and the killer instinct it takes to win in this league. This team is suffering from a scandal hangover, consistent mistakes on both sides of the ball, awful secondary play and no killer mentality. I hope you enjoy sitting in the stands with inappropriate203(who wants to go 1 and 9 with new staff rather than 13-0 with old staff) and enjoy these kids getting their brains beat out. Losing, Madam,breeds losers, and is no way to play in this game or in life. You would be of great help if you stayed at home on Friday night.