BRENTWOOD @ GALLATIN

runninblind

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets be honest. If you look at Gallatin's 2010 schedule and scores, one sticks out like a sore thumb. Gallatin 0 Brentwood 42. The game was pathetic. Brentwood looked like a pro team while Gallatin could do nothing right. The players did not look like they wanted to be there, and I know by halftime, I didn't want to be there. It was definitely a low point in the season not too mention that Brentwood, whom the coaches sang praises about, didn't even make it out of the first round of the playoffs. They were good but not that good. Gallatin basically just stunk up the place. But is this new? A lot of us have been saying there is a Williamson County jinx for years. Just look at the last 10 years. The last time Gallatin beat Brentwood was 01' in the playoffs 22-20 on a last second field goal. A game which supposedly we weren't supposed to win. That started what has become a series of Williamson Co wins. 02' Gallatin beats Centennial which was the Wave's last win over a Williamson Co team 24-14, The next game Franklin wins 21-14. 04' Ravenwood wins 17-14. 05' Brentwood 10-9. 06' Ravenwood beats a talent laden Green Wave squad 28-15, 07' Independence 42-7. 08' Centennial 20-6. 09' Brentwood 19-14 and then last year Brentwood 42-0. This has been a ridiculous streak which needs to end!!! Once again Brentwood is the homecoming opponent, which the Green Wave was for them last year. Whats it going to be Green Wave? Does this jinx still exist after Friday or is it time to for it to end?

Gallatin has a very good team this year. Good offense and a good defense. Lets do it Green Wave!! Time to beat those Bruins!!

Lets be honest. If you look at Gallatin's 2010 schedule and scores, one sticks out like a sore thumb. Gallatin 0 Brentwood 42. The game was pathetic. Brentwood looked like a pro team while Gallatin could do nothing right. The players did not look like they wanted to be there, and I know by halftime, I didn't want to be there. It was definitely a low point in the season not too mention that Brentwood, whom the coaches sang praises about, didn't even make it out of the first round of the playoffs. They were good but not that good. Gallatin basically just stunk up the place. But is this new? A lot of us have been saying there is a Williamson County jinx for years. Just look at the last 10 years. The last time Gallatin beat Brentwood was 01' in the playoffs 22-20 on a last second field goal. A game which supposedly we weren't supposed to win. That started what has become a series of Williamson Co wins. 02' Gallatin beats Centennial which was the Wave's last win over a Williamson Co team 24-14, The next game Franklin wins 21-14. 04' Ravenwood wins 17-14. 05' Brentwood 10-9. 06' Ravenwood beats a talent laden Green Wave squad 28-15, 07' Independence 42-7. 08' Centennial 20-6. 09' Brentwood 19-14 and then last year Brentwood 42-0. This has been a ridiculous streak which needs to end!!! Once again Brentwood is the homecoming opponent, which the Green Wave was for them last year. Whats it going to be Green Wave? Does this jinx still exist after Friday or is it time to for it to end?

Gallatin has a very good team this year. Good offense and a good defense. Lets do it Green Wave!! Time to beat those Bruins!!

Good luck to the Wave. Hoping to see yall undefeated UNTIL Sep 30th! Go BEARS!

Kickoff has been moved to 7:30 to help accomodate Brentwood's transportation issues. Hopefully everybody will come on early like it's really at 7 and get in before kickoff. A lot of fans showed up all at the same time about 6:45 last Friday night and missed a good bit of the 1st half.

Homecoming is a fun week but brings with it its share of distractions. Gallatin will have to start this game better than last Friday night, or it could be a long night. No doubt if the Wave play like they can though, they could make it a long night for the Bruins. I look for them to remember what happened last year, stay focused this week, and take care of business Friday night. Go Big Green!

GWAVE,

I love my Bruins but this year's bunch is greener than goose poop. They only returned about 4 to 5 kids who played any significant amount of time. I realized last years bunch beat you guys like red headed step children but by the end of the year, we were on the bad end of the injury bug and were a shadow of the team we were when we play you guys.

This years team has some talent and they are improving but it looks like the Wave has it going. Here is to a good injury free contest.

GWAVE,

I love my Bruins but this year's bunch is greener than goose poop. They only returned about 4 to 5 kids who played any significant amount of time. I realized last years bunch beat you guys like red headed step children but by the end of the year, we were on the bad end of the injury bug and were a shadow of the team we were when we play you guys.

This years team has some talent and they are improving but it looks like the Wave has it going. Here is to a good injury free contest.

This team should not be considered an inexperienced bunch again. They are 5 weeks into the season and are getting used to the speed of the game. The whole inexperienced excuse needs to be thrown out the window. The rest of the schedule is very winnable. NO MORE EXCUSES.

Edited by bruinnation

The young Bruins are getting better. Offensive line seems to be jelling a little. Throwing the ball better. Building some depth. The Green Wave has a good win over Oakland but the next 3 games will tell us what the Green Wave is made of. IMHO, 5A ball is really really really weak.

Good thing half of our schedule is against 6A schools then, I guess. Brentwood is down this year, and Gallatin is as loaded as I've ever seen them. As long as Lassiter lets his coordinators call the plays in this one, the Wave will win pretty decisively I think. There is the WillCo curse though... I'll say this: If Gallatin loses this game, Lassiter should be fired immediately.

The young Bruins are getting better. Offensive line seems to be jelling a little. Throwing the ball better. Building some depth. The Green Wave has a good win over Oakland but the next 3 games will tell us what the Green Wave is made of. IMHO, 5A ball is really really really weak.

Oakland lost to Gallatin, Cookeville lost to Beech, and Germantown lost to Hendersonville. That is 3 6-A playoff teams that lost to 3 different 5-A schools. 5-A ball is weak???? Try again.

Hey MJpride, are you coming to the game to help scout with MJ's coaches? They were seen in the stands last week.

Nah. I will leave it to the pros. Might actually take a Friday night off from football. Then again, I might walk over there and watch em. Good luck to yall this week. Expecting a huge turnout in MJ next week against yall. Better get there early.

Nah. I will leave it to the pros. Might actually take a Friday night off from football. Then again, I might walk over there and watch em. Good luck to yall this week. Expecting a huge turnout in MJ next week against yall. Better get there early.

C'mon pride...its homecoming!! Besides we both know the entire MJ squad will be there.