Big Games in Memphis

kwc

Whitehaven should be ashamed with all of that talent and to never have won the state championship! Bring Whitehaven over to Maryville and we can show them how to develop talent and WIN STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! Sounds like their coaching ain't so "great!"

I have nothing but respect for Maryville and GQ, but make sure yall are in Cookeville and we will see wassup with our coaching then!

For everyone that's picking MUS to beat East, I would like to say you folks are underestimating a few things: 1.) How good Kimbrow is! 2.) The size advantage of East 3.) Last but not least the coaching of East. Their coach played at Miami, so to just think that MUS has superior coaching is incorrect IMHO. East has the size and playmakers to beat MUS this season. MUS will make it close, however unless East still has suspect depth, which I don't think they do since they are 5-0 at the moment, I really think MUS comes out on the short end of this one. ;)

MUS 41- East 0.. Kimbrow play? ...disciplined play wins over 90 percent of games..also East coach playing at Miami only hurts these East young men..they need mentors with character to help guide them

Kwc,

I've seen MUS twice, and East once (plus one early season scrimmage, for whatever that's worth). I'm 100% convinced that East is a PRETENDER, primarily due to its defensive inadequacies. MUS, on the other hand, looks to be kinda' on the edge between contender and pretender and has a considerably better defense than does East.

MUS seems to play sort of an opportunistic, bend-but-don't-break type of defense. They tend to stiffen up in the Red Zone. Given this, I suspect that East's RB (Kimbrow) will likely bust a number of long runs, probably resulting in a couple of TD's. Other than that, MUS will very likely keep East out of the end zone.

East's defenders are often caught out of position (poor discipline??) and don't tackle very well, consistently. I strongly suspect that MUS' coaching staff has observed this... If that trend continues for East, then MUS' coaching staff will likely be quick to exploit it, often. The result: MUS and its ever-improving spread offense should have no trouble hanging 35 points on East.

--------------------------------------------

While East could absolutely SHOCK me, by defeating MUS....as you said, Kwc -- we will see... :popcorneater:

p.s...... should MUS' backup QB enter the game, don't be shocked to see him torch East's secondary!

Did you mean MUS backup QB Jordan Rogers? He's OUT for the season with an injured thumb.

MUS 41- East 0.. Kimbrow play? ...disciplined play wins over 90 percent of games..also East coach playing at Miami only hurts these East young men..they need mentors with character to help guide them

YES, Mr. Kimbrow "I'm the best RB in the country" DID play. His 38 yds on 16 carries will put a severe dent in his formerly nation-leading 300 yd per game average. So much for him and #4 in the Dandy Dozen.

Meanwhile, rising MUS star RB Shane Tucker ran for 163 yds and 4 TDS with a TD pass catch to boot, all in the first half, which ended with MUS ahead 38-0. TOs and the kicking game were NOT factors. MUS simply dominated. Unfortunately, Tucker left the game in the 3rd quarter with an injury. He is the key to their season. If he is unable to play next week against CBHS, the Bros could win a low scoring affair.

If Tucker can return healthy at any time, the Owls could win out and get a gold ball.

On behalf of all OWL fans, I would like to offer up a huge bowl of CROW for KWC, the

"Senator," the Dandy Dozen and all the other disbelievers.

Edited by owlbooster

YES, Mr. Kimbrow "I'm the best RB in the country" DID play. His 38 yds on 16 carries will put a severe dent in his formerly nation-leading 300 yd per game average. So much for him and #4 in the Dandy Dozen.

Meanwhile, rising MUS star RB Shane Tucker ran for 163 yds and 4 TDS with a TD pass catch to boot, all in the first half, which ended with MUS ahead 38-0. TOs and the kicking game were NOT factors. MUS simply dominated. Unfortunately, Tucker left the game in the 3rd quarter with an injury. He is the key to their season. If he is unable to play next week against CBHS, the Bros could win a low scoring affair.

If Tucker can return healthy at any time, the Owls could win out and get a gold ball.

On behalf of all OWL fans, I would like to offer up a huge bowl of CROW for KWC, the

I do not have a dog in your battle with the senator or kwc, but it seems to me you are the one insulting them. You have no right to bad mouth people you do not know. Keep on recruiting.

Edited by dou

I am sure recruiting in High School is all about great character.

I am against bad-mouthing too and i dont think it is appropriate to come on these boards to rub in a loss to another person. However, dou, you always seem to be taking shots at MUS. I think you need to take a step back and look in the mirror before you start talking about "great character."

Haven't changed a bit have you? Mention any private school and you always reflexively play the "recruiting card" and look to find fault or insult where none was intended. But that's the way the minds of haters like you work. Never miss a chance to take a pot shot at those "privates" that you hate so much. All your prayers for MUS to lose failed again, eh? It's pathetic that your personal happiness depends so much on the outcomes of football games, on Millington and the "publics" winning, on MUS and the "privates" losing. Very sad.

My purpose was NOT to denigrate Mr. Kimbrow in any way but rather to "feed crow" to the multitude that thought MUS could not contain him, even though they did it last year with a worse defense, and also thought MUS could not beat East. KWC and da Senator were singled out. In fact, I sat with the East folks and had a blast. And I am thrilled to have Mr. Kimbrow playing at my alma mater (Vanderbilt) next year. But I assure you his self-laudatory comments in the CA yesterday were not lost on anybody. In fact, that was a big topic among the East fans, who said MUS didn't need any more motivation and that they were probably gonna do anything necessary to stop him and let the other 10 players try to beat them.

Edited by owlbooster

I am against bad-mouthing too and i dont think it is appropriate to come on these boards to rub in a loss to another person. However, dou, you always seem to be taking shots at MUS. I think you need to take a step back and look in the mirror before you start talking about "great character."

Sorry to hear you thought I was badmouthing East or Mr. Kimbrow. I probably would never even mentioned him so sarcastically had he not proclaimed himself the "best RB in the country" in the CA yesterday. I think that gave me some liberty to say something.

I thought it was evident my post was directed primarily at some posters and the CA, NOT anybody associated with East. I have nothing but respect for their players, coaches, and fans. My prods ("rubbing in" in your opinion?) were made in fun and not maliciously. My "targets" were KWC, da Senator (both WHITEHAVEN fans I believe?) and other naysayers that UNDERrated MUS and didn't gave them a chance of stopping Kimbrow or winning the game. For example, KWC thought there was NO WAY MUS could score 35 points (they put up 38 in the 1st half) nor that East would score only 14 (prediction of TraderB). The CA was a "target" for rating East (and others - Millngton and SBA???)) too highly (and thinking there are 12 teams around better than MUS). Even the East fans thought the DD was laughable. I took the opportunity to praise Mr. Tucker because frankly he deserved it.

If anybody from East was offended, I apologize. Not my intent. I specialize in hyperbole and sarcasm. Thank GOD there are teams like East who will play MUS and not whine about "recruiting" like some. I sat with the East fans and they were most cordial and I didn't hear the "R" word all night!

Edited by owlbooster

Alright, I guess I was DEAD wrong about MUS... SUE ME... I'll take the Crow Fried Hard with side of Slaw SMH!

Kimbrow is still the Truth walking to me <_<

I respect da Haven and I respect you. Just some goodnatured ribbing. Kimbrow may in fact BE the hest RB in the country. But "team" trumps "individual" every day of the week.

Edited by owlbooster

I respect da Haven and I respect you. Just some goodnatured ribbing. Kimbrow may in fact BE the hest RB in the country. But "team" trumps "individual" every day of the week.

It was your comments about the coach I was talking about, but now that you mention it. You should understand kids are kids and they conduct them selves as such. Adults should not atack them.