Chester County Hype...

LHS2012

WOW...!!!! What a dialog!! I hear ya big fella....say what you mean!!! Let's hear from the Henderson faithful....LHS2012 has layed it out there!!

Before the season if you started a dialogUE about the Eagles being hyped most people would have thought you were nuts. I bet not a whole lot of football "fans" east of Nashville even know there is a Chester County and they have a football team.

So far it has been a special season but a lot of fans and writers only remember how a team finishes not how they start. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the "hype" is coming from a town that their High School just won 5 games in a row!! Dominating 4 out of 5!!!! Phelps is the real deal 900 yards and 16 tds in 5 games is very impressive!!! Other ppl might have said they will beat Lexington with ease but not I!! I have only stated that it's not going to be a 40 point scored either way ball game!! More like 20ish!! If you and other posters don't believe they are for real I understand that because of the past!!

This is a totally different team with a totally different attitude because of the coaches!!! The intensity that Hodum and Pritchard have brought to CC is incredible!!! No they havent played any teams that are as good as Lex or Lib but they have totally dominated the last 4 teams they have faced!!

CC is not a one man show!! The first 3 games did make me believe they were but after the last two games they are not!! They showed me that against DHS!! DHS set out to stop phelps running attack and for the most part they did so alot of other players had to step up and believe me they did!!! Austin cavaness is one of the best dual QBs in west TN believe that!!! I'm sorry you are not happy with CC faithful for being supportive of their team!!

Mark my words do not overlook the EAGLES!!

i just wana point out that kimbrell from memphis east has 1494 yards thru 5 games and 15 touchdowns...if u wana discuss real RBs...phelps may be good...but hes 2nd or 3rd tier...prolly the best in this area...but not statewide...

It is unfair to say Chester County has done "absolutely nothing significant". A 5-0 start is significant no matter who the opposition is. What makes this more noteworthy is this is a school with little experience in being a successful football team and it is almost as difficult to keep the players focused (not listening to hype)as it is preparing them for the next game.

I haven't seen anyone post about the Eagles stomping Lexington. Maybe it's because I pay no attention to such nonsense. This thread would be more interesting and enjoyable if the serious posters would ignore crap like that.

Chester County is getting to the meat of their schedule and how well they perform in the next month will answer many questions.GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there would be no hype if the chester co faithful would sit back and watch instead of blow smoke...ur going to do ur team in more so than liberty or lexington by the way it sounds...

as for proving themselves...'09 liberty semifinals...'10 lexington semifinals...thats the proof i think LHS is referring to...like he said they havent played a tough schedule...but they are proven no doubt...

u can say all u want there was no defense in the liberty/lexington game...unless u were there...guarentee lexington got more than they were expecting from those "weak" lines of liberty everyone was squakin bout...penalties killed liberty yet again...helping lexington sustain drives and eventually score on 2 or 3 occasions in the redzone...lexington didnt give up after getting jumped on early...but most knew they wouldnt...i told someone after TECH was up 14-0 they would need at least 2 more TDs before lexington scored to control the game...and i would have been correct as lexington ran up 35 straight points...thats 5 stops in a row...sounds like defense to me...then liberty was able to hold lexington for 3 or 4 possessions to climb back into the game...thats how games go...back and forth...it just so happens that these 2 teams know how to reach the endzone...

and ur right...no one in east TN has a clue about chester co...most dont even care about liberty and lexington because we dont ever make it across the river...and when we do we dont seem to pull off the victory...so dont feel so sorry for urselves...milan is the only team from west TN that anyone in middle and east tn know about...and most believe they are overrated

Sellers and Halliburton are the only two that yall talk about, to be honest CC has more than phelps that can run the ball. Butler and Bumpas have added good runs to the stats and arent given the credit they really deserve because phelps is making it look "easy". Def in two weeks we will see where both teams stand. The max points CC has allowed in a game is 15. And when two contenders (Lexington and Liberty) go at it and 42 & 49 points are put up that means somebodys defense is a little weak and the offense is all they have. CC has a tough defense and they keep coming the whole game. Finally nobody has put Phelps on a pedestal but the Jackson Sun and his stats they he has earned making him a dynamic back ,but ill let his game speak for itself.

The Liberty game was the first game in which Williams was 100% healthy...he had 3 TDs. Lexington has a whole lot more than Sellers and Halliburton.

We'll just have to wait until the games are played to find out. 4 games into the season its hard to tell who is real or fake.

Edited by montague1

i just wana point out that kimbrell from memphis east has 1494 yards thru 5 games and 15 touchdowns...if u wana discuss real RBs...phelps may be good...but hes 2nd or 3rd tier...prolly the best in this area...but not statewide...

Those are very good numbers!!! Obviously it doesn't matter tho I'm sure hes played "cupcake" games and played 4 qtrs!!! Thats what some ppl seem to think anyway!! Lol

Sellers and Halliburton are the only two that yall talk about, to be honest CC has more than phelps that can run the ball. Butler and Bumpas have added good runs to the stats and arent given the credit they really deserve because phelps is making it look "easy". Def in two weeks we will see where both teams stand. The max points CC has allowed in a game is 15. And when two contenders (Lexington and Liberty) go at it and 42 & 49 points are put up that means somebodys defense is a little weak and the offense is all they have. CC has a tough defense and they keep coming the whole game. Finally nobody has put Phelps on a pedestal but the Jackson Sun and his stats they he has earned making him a dynamic back ,but ill let his game speak for itself.

Lexington has tons of backs... Aj Gray (Juice!) is an explosive junior, Kristopher Williams, Dynamic Junior, Peyton Anderson Strong Hard running junior, Josh Williams, Explosive wr and back. Blake Smith (out for injury atm) explosive back...I hope that's enough people for me to talk about... Anyways, I'm sure CC can have a tough defense, but they haven't really been tested yet. Also, I'm sure you'll say this is just excuses, but I had players from Lexington tell me that they weren't prepared for that game. It was our Fair Week, and We were out of school the Thursday and Friday of the week of Liberty. We all have to agree that's not going to present anything but un needed distractions before one of the biggest games on your schedule.

Those are very good numbers!!! Obviously it doesn't matter tho I'm sure hes played "cupcake" games and played 4 qtrs!!! Thats what some ppl seem to think anyway!! Lol

That's all phelps has played...Adamsville, Bolivar, Hardin Co. and what JCM? No disrespect to Phelps, but those are a bunch of no bodies..

I also understand what your saying about having more than one quality back!! In '03 I was one of those 3 quality backs!! In phelps defense he doesn't play full games!! In my opinion he is among West Tn's elite backs! My experience as a RB in high school football any mediocre RB could not put up his numbers it is not as easy as you say it is!!! I will say if a team (such as Lexington) has three quality backs and one of them ran the ball as much as all 3 do then yes they will have good numbers!!

It's ok to doubt CCs football team that's your opinion but this disrespect towards their fans is not needed!! If no disrespect was intended then hey keep talking football!!

They have good numbers even splitting the snaps almost 3 ways..

We're not saying we're going to stomp you, my problem is we're not getting any respect. Phelps has come by all his yards and TD's honestly, he plays the normal role of a starting RB. He just gets loose and breaks long runs, it's not that we're keeping him in for the whole game. This Lexington-Chester Co. rivalry has taken a turn in recent years and is now turning out to be a bigger than most ever anticipated. Trash talk back and forth is fine, but dont disrespect these boys and the city that's behind them.

You earn respect. And Chester County hasn't earned it yet. Sure they're undefeated, but they haven't beaten a true competitor. I don't try to trash talk these boys or the fans, but when you try to act like you're the baddest team around cause you've stomped cupcakes it bothers me. Not saying you have, but I have seen some posters talking about Chester Co. In this way.

there would be no hype if the chester co faithful would sit back and watch instead of blow smoke...ur going to do ur team in more so than liberty or lexington by the way it sounds...

as for proving themselves...'09 liberty semifinals...'10 lexington semifinals...thats the proof i think LHS is referring to...like he said they havent played a tough schedule...but they are proven no doubt...

u can say all u want there was no defense in the liberty/lexington game...unless u were there...guarentee lexington got more than they were expecting from those "weak" lines of liberty everyone was squakin bout...penalties killed liberty yet again...helping lexington sustain drives and eventually score on 2 or 3 occasions in the redzone...lexington didnt give up after getting jumped on early...but most knew they wouldnt...i told someone after TECH was up 14-0 they would need at least 2 more TDs before lexington scored to control the game...and i would have been correct as lexington ran up 35 straight points...thats 5 stops in a row...sounds like defense to me...then liberty was able to hold lexington for 3 or 4 possessions to climb back into the game...thats how games go...back and forth...it just so happens that these 2 teams know how to reach the endzone...

and ur right...no one in east TN has a clue about chester co...most dont even care about liberty and lexington because we dont ever make it across the river...and when we do we dont seem to pull off the victory...so dont feel so sorry for urselves...milan is the only team from west TN that anyone in middle and east tn know about...and most believe they are overrated

Amen.

If you would try to spell or punctuate a little better I might try to consider this a legitimate post. I have no way of knowing what you are posting about.