Blount County Football

countryREB

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you , that is all I am looking for. This was not something that I started just off the cuff, to RUN someone down. I know Jay personally as well and he is a good man and so are most of you on here at least the ones of you I know. Politics can be seen very easily. If you are in the school system or have deep pockets your son will play regardless of ability. I have watched kids play that are very shy to hit anyone or could not catch a cold or could not block or tackle etc. I have seen 2nd and 3rd team players give the 1st team fits in inter squad scrimmages and be chastised by the coach or taken out all together. It is pathetic really. The differences that are and have been made do not serve to build team unity.JMO

Weak that ax you been grinding should be plenty sharp by now. Since you got some help go ahead and start chopin. Get things stirred up over there and we might get 2 in a row! You have my support.

I don't want to be disrespectful to anyone on here. But I would like to say both my boys went thru the Maryville system and I have personally not seen the favoritism that is stated on these boards. Coach Malone and Quarels both have done a wonderful job. My children were treated very fairly by both and I have the uttermost respect for each of them.

Edited by raginrebel

ok ok so maybe I over stated a little about the best of all time. My son was on this team so to me they are the best of all time. 5star are you saying those Maryville 8th graders played for 6 superbowl championships or won 6? If your saying they won 6 than I know some Fairview Raider fans who would disagree. Looks like our Peewees will not get to defend their superbowl championship this year as they were beaten last night by the Raiders. Our midgets lost to Maryville.

Hey nation I understand your excitement and congratulate you all on a great year. That AMS team was very dominate this year but I have seen some MMS teams the past 2 years roll through the season and not even be challenged. Have heard about some of the other AMS teams and know they have had some pretty big years also. I had a son on the MMS team the past 2 seasons and know that over the past 3 seasons MMS has won 26 consecutive games. But you guys had the best team this year and going 9-0 is a great accomplishment.

Some of the 8th graders that were part of 6 Superbowl wins are of the (redshirted) class....we waited an extra year to send our son to kindergarten . My son has played against the McClurg twins every year and both were able to play 2 years of midget ball / 2 years of middle school. Fairviews midget Superbowl win last year was the first loss Don Sentell has had in the championship game in about 5 or 6yrs. His last championship loss was to the Maryville Bears ( think im right with this ). When my son was 12 they lost to Fairview in the regular season but won the Superbowl.

I wish you guys the best in the years to follow.

ok ok so maybe I over stated a little about the best of all time. My son was on this team so to me they are the best of all time. 5star are you saying those Maryville 8th graders played for 6 superbowl championships or won 6? If your saying they won 6 than I know some Fairview Raider fans who would disagree. Looks like our Peewees will not get to defend their superbowl championship this year as they were beaten last night by the Raiders. Our midgets lost to Maryville.

Hey nation I understand your excitement and congratulate you all on a great year. That AMS team was very dominate this year but I have seen some MMS teams the past 2 years roll through the season and not even be challenged. Have heard about some of the other AMS teams and know they have had some pretty big years also. I had a son on the MMS team the past 2 seasons and know that over the past 3 seasons MMS has won 26 consecutive games. But you guys had the best team this year and going 9-0 is a great accomplishment.

Some of the 8th graders that were part of 6 Superbowl wins are of the (redshirted) class....we waited an extra year to send our son to kindergarten . My son has played against the McClurg twins every year and both were able to play 2 years of midget ball / 2 years of middle school. Fairviews midget Superbowl win last year was the first loss Don Sentell has had in the championship game in about 5 or 6yrs. His last championship loss was to the Maryville Bears ( think im right with this ). When my son was 12 they lost to Fairview in the regular season but won the Superbowl.

I wish you guys the best in the years to follow.

I don't want to be disrespectful to anyone on here. But I would like to say both my boys went thru the Maryville system and I have personally not seen the favoritism that is stated on these boards. Coach Malone and Quarrels both have done a wonderful job. My children were treated very fairly by both and I have the uttermost respect for each of them.

I personally would never put Malone in the same catagory as George Quarels.

Come on guys, a man that has won that many state championship at least deserves to have his name spelled right, Quarles. If you guys are butchering it up, I would hate to see what starz could do with it. LOL. For those that can't tell, I am just joking around.

I personally would never put Malone in the same catagory as George Quarels.

Keep in mind there weak that middle school does not have classifications - at least not like the high schools. The current coach at mms has won many games and many championships. He does not have the luxury of alcoa going to a different classification to play for their championship. Often, he must beat them twice.

Before anyone thinks I am dissing the hs coach, settle down. I am not. No doubt, the hs coach has won some games (BIG games) when he had less jimmy's and joe's. That is what is really so impressive about him to me. (Well that and I don't have a clue what play he is running next!) The other 95% of the games we should win given our talent, the great help he has coaching, etc, etc.

IMO - I don't know, but I bet the mms coach has won some games with a little less talent. So back off the coach a little there weak. Surely he does things that I don't agree with. I don't know if that makes him right or wrong. He cares enough about it to spend a huge amount of his time shaping 12, 13, 14, and evidently some 15 year olds. He doesn't have to and it could be alot worse. Just look around town. Evidently, he is doing a few things right in preparing the kids for high school. Like nearly all youth coaches in our area, a simple thank you to him would be more appropriate - again IMO.

Now, if my youngest kid doesn't get to play much for him in a couple of years...stay tuned! You can send me back this message. HA.