Greeneville vs West Greene

gvillealltheway

49 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

I am a Greeneville fan! I just happen to believe we can handle ourself with class! I'm sorry some of you disagree.

Your one sided account of this whole issue (as well as your posting history) tells me that you are a county fan who is pretending to be a Greeneville fan. BVD has been nothing but respectful to all the county schools, but I think he is like the rest of us. We are sick of all the drama that comes with playing the county teams. We don’t have nearly as many problems when we play the other teams on our schedule or during the playoffs. The county fans label us as “arrogant†and “snobsâ€. Their jealousy towards GHS is one of the main driving forces behind the problem. They even went out of their way to badmouth us to the Alcoa fans and I'm sure most were even pulling for Alcoa. GHS has some fans that need to grow up, I’ll admit that. I stood near some of them on Friday night. They were embarrassing. However, every fan base has those types of fans. With that said, I also heard a lot of good comments from GHS fans regarding Boles and WGHS. Some people just choose to focus on the negative when it comes to Greeneville.

I'll admit that we also have a few players who need to tone down the antics as well. They are young, so that is actually fairly common at most schools. I'm sure some of the WG players have acted in a similar manner at some point.

Ballard is a great coach and a class act. His is just super competitive and that can rub people the wrong way. As long as you remain respectful, so will he. However, when you show disrespect towards him or his team, then it’s on (see the Trezevant game). My guess is, he heard something that he didn’t like from WG sometime during the week and that got the emotions going from both sides (as evident by the decisions of both sides). Regardless, I’m just happy that we are about done with the games against the county schools this year. You have to spend too much time tiptoeing around the other team’s feelings during the GHS versus county team games. I have made more than one complementary post on this thread that has been twisted by the opposing fans into a negative. That has been done several times in this thread. We all agree that Boles is a good RB, but don’t expect us to not brag about our RB’s as well. That is just natural.

I am a Greeneville fan! I just happen to believe we can handle ourself with class! I'm sorry some of you disagree.

no sir, i COMPLETELY agree with you. I have absolutely no issue whatsoever with the way i "Handle myself" as it pertains to Class. I always congratulate the opposing teams, wish them well in the future and hope that all of these kids, teams and fans have great seasons. Look, the ONLY reason I do these videos this year is because i was asked to by many people at Greeneville High School. If there were 5 of me i would be at every HS team in this counties games each week watching their games, cheering them on and videoing them, if they wished. Unfortunately there's only one very large version of me and i can only be at one place on friday nights. I considered not even mentioning his name this week, but had i done that, someone would have accused me of something rediculous like boycotting Dalton, or something the like. All I did was adress the subject at hand, the only way I know how....honestly and how I personally feel about it. If voicing my honest opinion about things is unclassy, then I guess I am guilty as charged.

UNBELEIVABLE.....im actually laughing out loud as i read over your post again. I had to go back and watch my video again, just to make sure i didnt say anything bad about Dalton and again I DIDNT. Maybe you mistook me saying " quite frankly im tired of the subject " as a negative remark towards Dalton....NOT AT ALL....all i meant is that I was tired of the focus of this game last week being squarely on Dalton and how many yards he would have, as opposed to the focus being on the "TEAMS"....wow, call me a bad guy for that remark!!! I guess if you left that enormously long reply to get under my skin..congrats, it worked. It DOES get under my skin when people falsly accuse me of something. I challenge you to go watch the video again, and point out one single time in the video where i " bullied " Datlon...Good lord, at one point I mentioned that he had improved since last year and that he's a great ( i beleive i said nothing short of phenominal...yah, that's bullying...) Back. I am at this point just going to assume you only saw the title of the video and stopped right there. Again, please do not accuse me of doing something I haven't done, or putting words into my mouth. The minute I feel like I have crossed any lines doing what I do, I will stop, never to be heard from again. until then, if you don't approve of my material, it's your option to not watch it. Thanks again and best of luck moving forward...GO DEVILS

You are awesome!

Your one sided account of this whole issue (as well as your posting history) tells me that you are a county fan who is pretending to be a Greeneville fan. BVD has been nothing but respectful to all the county schools, but I think he is like the rest of us. We are sick of all the drama that comes with playing the county teams. We don’t have nearly as many problems when we play the other teams on our schedule or during the playoffs. The county fans label us as “arrogant†and “snobsâ€. Their jealousy towards GHS is one of the main driving forces behind the problem. They even went out of their way to badmouth us to the Alcoa fans and I'm sure most were even pulling for Alcoa. GHS has some fans that need to grow up, I’ll admit that. I stood near some of them on Friday night. They were embarrassing. However, every fan base has those types of fans. With that said, I also heard a lot of good comments from GHS fans regarding Boles and WGHS. Some people just choose to focus on the negative when it comes to Greeneville.

I'll admit that we also have a few players who need to tone down the antics as well. They are young, so that is actually fairly common at most schools. I'm sure some of the WG players have acted in a similar manner at some point.

bingo bango bongo...what you said....HAHAHA. I agree. I think most if not all greeneville fans would agree that playing the county schools is just not a good idea at all. What alot of folks dont seem to want to understand is that this is the TSSAA's doings, NOT GHS's. I think whe we play CDHS, Im just gona let the camer roll and not say a word before or after the game....but then, someone will probably accuse me of being a Black Knight hater.....newsflash folks...my neighbor plays for CDHS and I hope he has a continued great season.

Ballard is a great coach and a class act. His is just super competitive and that can rub people the wrong way. As long as you remain respectful, so will he. However, when you show disrespect towards him or his team, then it’s on (see the Trezevant game). My guess is, he heard something that he didn’t like from WG sometime during the week and that got the emotions going from both sides (as evident by the decisions of both sides). Regardless, I’m just happy that we are about done with the games against the county schools this year. You have to spend too much time tiptoeing around the other team’s feelings during the GHS versus county team games. I have made more than one complementary post on this thread that has been twisted by the opposing fans into a negative. That has been done several times in this thread. We all agree that Boles is a good RB, but don’t expect us to not brag about our RB’s as well. That is just natural.

BV DEVIL,

I just wanted to voice my opinion on how ashamed I am to be a Greenville fan. It's not only due to the rediculous video you posted on line about Boles (a 17 year old kid)but also the entire lack of sportsmanship I have witnessed at Greeneville. You really should find more to do with your life than pick on a 17 year old kid!!! I have sadly watched the following poor sportsmanship recently;

-fights being started at the South Greene game

-Parents and fans threatening other teams at the soccer tournament in Elizabethton

-Disrespecting other teams after football games by not praying with the other teams and coach Ballard would not go and shake the hand of the coach's at Franklin County's and WG

-Not showing up untill game time at an away teams stadium is the most classless act I have witnessed in a long time

Those are just a few but you sir (BVDEVIL) have topped it all off! The day an adult starts to bully a 17 year old kid is a very sad day. In your 11 minute video you mention Boles's name 14 times but you also said the video wasn't about him, hmmm. I have never seen our team and fans so consummed with a kid at another school. We are so jeolous of him getting some publicity that we haven't realized we give him more publicity than any newspaper or TV channel. The worst part is the kid seems like a nice humble kid but since he went to WG instead of Gville we attack him. If he where at Gvilee we would love him!!!

The reality is he is probabaly the best football player in the area! Oh, before you attack my football IQ you should know I played college ball and have sevral years of coaching experiance. If Boles played for Gville he would've had over 300 yards easy against WG. Shuffler is a great player as well so don't claim I am knocking him! We knock the competition that WG has played but the reality is they play more higher rated classes that we do!!! WG is a 3a team and we are 4a team. WG played 3 schools 1 class lower (2a) but we play 6 or 7 (3a)lower ones this year. We seem to forget that Boles's line is a good line but they are nowhere close to the line Shuffler runs behind and I'm sure Boles will have more yards against the same oppenents we play. If he does have more that is great, he is a great kid.. My point is instead of us being so focused on Boles we should be supporting him. No kid from any school has ever done in this league what he has and that is impressive! I didn't see our coach putting the starting defense in late in the game against Alcoa because Hambrick was still playing. That shows how consummed we are with a 17 year old kid from WG. I sure am glad none of our starting defense got hurt while we had them in late in the game!!!!!!!!!! The truth is we have no business playing the county schools! The county schools have no where near the resources available at Gville and when you watch the games it shows. We have 4 or 5 times as many position coaches alone. We seem to forget how many yards Willie racked up last year playing 7 schools in lower class than us! In fact those games where well over but we wanted him to win Mr. Football. The Chuckey Doak game last year when we we're up by 40 and still had in was sad but hay he got over 300 yards so I guess we all liked it.

I've probably said to much but I just felt someone needed to remind our fans that we have become a big bully and we are picking on kids!!! I really hope this message doesn't make anyone mad! My entire purpose is get our fans to realize we have used very bad sportsmanship and we need to change!!! We need to learn how to win!!! I read on here how we want the County schools to respect us, respect is earned. Our team has earned their respect on the field by killing all of them but the actions around the field doesn't deserve respect! I do apologize to the majority of our fans because this entire rant is meant for those whom actions have disrespected the Greeneville Devils. I hate that the actions of few make us all look bad.I hope in the future our fans will remind each other when they are not using good judgement!

Why bring wille into these. In the 7 brac games he played in last year he only carried the ball 44 times. I will assure you dalton will triple that . I guarantee you he want avg 21 ypc in those games like wille did so keep him and dalton out of the same sentence. They are not even close to being on the same level.

Why bring wille into these. In the 7 brac games he played in last year he only carried the ball 44 times. I will assure you dalton will triple that . I guarantee you he want avg 21 ypc in those games like wille did so keep him and dalton out of the same sentence. They are not even close to being on the same level.

Putting them in the same paragraph would be an embarrassment to Willie.......

Putting them in the same paragraph would be an embarrassment to Willie.......

these are the kind of commets that are the cause of the problems. Willie has moved on and it's time for us to also. Athletes like Carmichael, Spradlin, Boles and those talented boys named Shuffler deserve all the praise that's heaped on them and we should consider ourselves fortunate to have gotten to see them suit up on Friday night. Time to let this one go...

I think it has already been said we pay taxes in both county and city. WGHS is the biggest school in the county with the worst seating. Nice field house though.

I am not sure about the worst, but I am sure they will be open to some donations if you are so concerned about the problem. City school system has 6 schools to maintain. The county school system has 16 schools to maintain. If you are so smart, give a suggestion of what can be done. If not, just suck it up every 2 years and bring a lawn chair.

I am in no way making fun of West Greene’s facilities. I’m sure they are working hard to build up that program, which includes facilities. But, you shouldn’t have to pay to park and pay to get in without being able to see the game. I would have been better off sitting in the car and listening to the game. I saw a grand total of about 10 plays, because I was blocked the rest of the time. WGHS needs to fix that problem. Not just for Greeneville, but for other teams as well. Now that WG is making the playoffs in football, I'm sure some of those playoff teams will bring in a bigger crowd as well. I’m sure people would be willing to contribute to a fundraiser.

WG does not charge for parking, the lot owner across the street does. I wish there were more seating too, I guess after they get the new field house paid for, then they can start trying to get money for more bleachers.

WG does not charge for parking, the lot owner across the street does. I wish there were more seating too, I guess after they get the new field house paid for, then they can start trying to get money for more bleachers.

I’ll say this, and I mean it. WGHS should be proud of how much that program has improved over the past few years. The fieldhouse is a great addition. I guess my only suggestion is this, sometimes you have to spend money to make money. I’m sure there are a ton of Greeneville fans that didn’t come to the game because you simply cannot see the game at all (that cost WG money). I was constantly blocked by the team, the cheerleaders, and other fans. I’m sure the new bleachers would pay for themselves in a short amount of time, with Greeneville and a few other big fanbases visiting on occasion. Again, this is not a criticism because I know this hasn’t been a problem until recent years. It is merely my suggestion based on what I saw on Friday night. I heard several fans say they wouldn’t come back to WG for a game, because it is a waste of money since you can’t see the game. I’m sure someone will say that is being arrogant, but that is not the case. It is just really frustrating to not see the action. Again, if you have a fundraiser for that at any point, I’m sure most Greeneville fans would be willing to contribute.

I’ll say this, and I mean it. WGHS should be proud of how much that program has improved over the past few years. The fieldhouse is a great addition. I guess my only suggestion is this, sometimes you have to spend money to make money. I’m sure there are a ton of Greeneville fans that didn’t come to the game because you simply cannot see the game at all (that cost WG money). I was constantly blocked by the team, the cheerleaders, and other fans. I’m sure the new bleachers would pay for themselves in a short amount of time, with Greeneville and a few other big fanbases visiting on occasion. Again, this is not a criticism because I know this hasn’t been a problem until recent years. It is merely my suggestion based on what I saw on Friday night. I heard several fans say they wouldn’t come back to WG for a game, because it is a waste of money since you can’t see the game. I’m sure someone will say that is being arrogant, but that is not the case. It is just really frustrating to not see the action. Again, if you have a fundraiser for that at any point, I’m sure most Greeneville fans would be willing to contribute.

Good post and I agree with you. I guess right now, they are more concerned with paying for the fieldhouse. It is frustrating not being able to sit in the bleachers, even for the home fans.