Page VS Marshall Co.

Guest minelli

Guest minelli

Marshall Co. will be ready for Page in this rivalry. Page beat us last year at home but this year we aint having that. Look for a very intense Marshall Co. team come Friday. Go Tigers!!!! :(:);)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Page got a much-needed win over 2A Harpeth on Homecoming, and now returns to the region schedule to face a tough foe in Marshall County, whose only loss was a 16-13 decision against David Lipscomb. Since then the Tigers have rattled off 4 straight wins, most recently beating Greenbrier 35-14. And Greenbrier defeated Page, 18-13. So, the stage is set. Page was very balanced against Harpeth, gaining 182 yards on 31 rushes and throwing for 152 yards. And they did not turn the ball over. QB Jared Elliott, RBs Michael Motley and Jonathan Morton, and WR Jonathan Grigsby need to SHOW UP to beat Marshall County, who ran for 298 yards against Greenbrier and had 2 backs above 100 yds -- Darryl Henry (10-141) and Mario Davis (10-128). The Tigers will be too much for the Patriots.

Prediction: Marshall County 28, Page 13

I think this game will be determined in the trenches. Which ever team is able to run the ball and control the clock wins. If Mario davis is able to take the game over early for Marshall it may be a long night for page, but Page has a plethera of backs. Motley, morton, pope, and shaw all bring a lot to the table. I look for the ex-factor in the game to be the right arm of junior qb Jared Elliot. If hes on, the page running game wont matter. I guess we will find out friday night. Should be a good one!

After seeing both teams as they've played against Greenbrier in the last two weeks, I just don't see much of a way that Page can pull off this upset. Marshall seems to have everything that it needs to go deep in the season this year. While Greenbrier did move the ball fairly well against Marshall, we gave up four big plays that just killed us. Page seems to have some athletes but there seems to be a lack of "team focus" and an over-abundance of attitude. (How a coach can allow a couple of the players to wear the Pippi Longstocking socks is beyond me) If Page could suddenly "get focused", they could have a chance in this one but I just don't see it. Marshall seems to be really strong but I would have to question the coaches decisions the past two weeks of having so many starters still in the game when it's late and the game is over. That would be a tough way to lose an athlete. Good luck to both teams!

This is the one area that I think Page may be able to have a little advantage. Page's QB seems to see the field well and he can throw the ball. Marshall's corners played soft against Greenbrier. If Page will really push the passing game, I think it'll give Marshall some trouble. I think Page will move the ball well against Marshall but they'll just have to be able to stop #4 and #5.

Posted by jmu031:

How good are the corners for marshall co.?

Posted by BOBBY22:

Page has gotten in over their heads on their schedule...Marshall County has this one by three TDS..Page's line is too weak...especially on defense.

i dont know page has a good d-line .... #90,#82,#23,#19 they all seem pretty good to me ;)