collinwood vs huntland,game predictions!!

Guest snapracin

Thanks for the responses , now I can prove some more points. Snapracin you say the reason Ward's numbers are down so much is because he is surrounded by great players....don't you think in college(if he goes) he'll be surrounded by even greater players(what will the excuse be then)?? But if you believe he is gonna play college ball then you probably think ole Collinwood is better than some college teams also, (both are lousy). And I have contacted some colleges and talked about recruits and his name never seems to be brought up. Maybe I should try Motlow St. or Columbia St., because the only way he'll see UT or Nebraska is on channel 5. And Frito...Gee I wonder who you are, maybe a relative/brother. Let's look at Mr.Football(backs) canidates pictures over the past 10 years in A. I did, you know how many went on to play college ball out of 30?? I'll give you a hint, under 5. Let's Go Huntland!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Sinjin,

You are really probably asking the wrong person here. He's a super athelete and a super guy but as far as knowing much about playing on the next level then I am just not sure. To be honest with you, I am not even that sure of how much importance he places on it. We sit here and read posts by everyone ELSE but we never get to hear what THEY have to say. The last chance that I had to talk with him he was SERISOUSLY more concerned with getting a good education and the things that followed college more than he was the place he was going to go. Can he go D-I? I really think he can. Will he go D-I? I guess only God knows that right now. I DO feel that he will play with the big boys (D-I) at some point though!!!!

T

[Edited by thelma on 10-17-02 1:43P]

Guest futballfever

Collinwood has four players that will play college ball. Ward will probably go to the biggest school, Many local D-1 and D2 are recruiting him, Ole miss and MTSU to name the top ones. Different schools want him to kick and play defense and some want him at qb. Ward has 1000 yards passing and close to a 1000 rushing he is unstoppable . Next would be Victory he is an all around player and colleges like him because he is a complete player. Nebraska is interested in him as well as a few other D-1 and D-2 schools, he doesn't get to touch the ball as much as the other players he only has 22 catches for about 600 yards and 7 touchdowns. Some schools are recruiting him at DB and others at wide out. He has 16 ints in the lst 18 games. Green is being recruited by a few schools MTSU and a few other small schools.The reason is he is very fast and has a huge vertical around 38 inches he is a good athlete and very versitle.Last is Rich and I know he is being recruited but not by who. So about the game can Huntland really stop these 4 players I know they can't stop all of them they don't have the athletes and these are just the seniors there are 2 juniors that have to be recognized, Risner and Daniel. Bottomline can't stop just Ward and there is no way they will stop all all these great players. Collinwood plays best game of season and wins big by 4 touchdowns at least. Go Big Green

Guest JuicyJ36

I have one question"What you gonna do, when Collinwood comes crashing in on you.

i have one question: "What you gonna do when you lose in the playoffs and your undefeated season was for nothing?"

Guest JuicyJ36
Posted by sinjin:

Thanks Thelma

I also enjoy watching him play. He has instincts that coaches can not teach.

I was just curious about his qualifying. I overheard some Collinwood fans at the concession stand discussing this topic.

Thanks again

[Edited by sinjin on 10-17-02 2:10P]

I heard the cincinatti bengals were seriously thinking about drafting ward straight out of highschool. Any truth to this jas...i mean thelma?

Guest snapracin

Well everyone isentitled to their own opnion and I do believe his numbers are down from last year due to the fact that collinwood has so many weapons.Also for the fact that,he has mostly only played 3 quarters of a game in 6 of the first 7.As far as knowing jonathan ward,never heard of him until last season and I have nothing but the greatest respect for the kid and his ability.Any kid to me that can get a scholarship and education at any given school in the country to me is great. :D Today is the day that we travel to huntland and I guess we will both see the quality of this football player tonite.Please make sure that you are around on saturday. :)

I don't know if any of the Collinwood players will see this today or not, but you face your toughest test of the year tonight. Not only on the field but off too. I know all your thoughts will be on Adam tonight. This will be the saddest night in Collinwood football history. Ya'll keep your heads up and heart strong. Keep your thoughts and prayers on Adam. Go out and play your game tonight. Adam our thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless you.

You're right. Huntland has a good team and Cascade EDGED them, didn't dominate them. Cascade DID, however, dominate both Gordonsville and Wayne County. Nobody believes that Cascade will beat Collinwood (oh they say they believe it, but in their heart of hearts they just kinda HOPE they can). What bothers me is that all these fine teams can play their hearts out all year and even if it is "their year" or even "their decade", it's all for nought because the stupid TSSAA allows the single A schools to play against schools who have thousands of kids on the waiting list to get into their respective schools. Which kids do you think they will pick? HINT: the ones who can play ball. They don't NEED scholarship money. Many of them have parents who can afford to send them to the private schools and there are other ways to get around that anyway. What if Cascade had 2000 kids to choose from for their football team? Do you think we just might be a little bit better? You KNOW we would and all these other single A squads would be too. Will the TSSAA morons ever wake up? I think that all private schools should either be put in the private school classification with those who do give scholarships, or required to play in 5A. Even THAT would not be fair in many instances.

Posted by btru23:

This should be a great game. I know that Collinwood has great athletes, but I think Huntland will upset the Trojans this week and show everyone they are for real. And by the way I do not think Huntland got dominated by Cascade. I believe they lost 26-21. And if they would have just executed their tackling better they would have won. Best of luck to the Hornets this week and to all the Wayne Co. fans, quit hatin on the Hornets cause they beat you. I know those kids and they are all a class act, because their coaches would not have it any other way.

:o

thats a great post champion gal but i dont think even the selective enrollment policies will help the privates when they play collinwood this year,,,,,,,collinwood is actually in a rebuilding mode having lost twelve seniors, of course they had a handful of spectacular skill kids coming back,,,,the thing is there are a lot of young players on the team just getting to play this year and they are growing and improving by leaps and bounds each and every game......i can see a huge difference between now and the first game,,,,,,by playoff time they will truly have a monster team led by the most veteran talented qb and linebacker in the state,,,,,,,,enough said