HAMPTON @ NORTH GREENE

BDF36

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The officiating in Greene Co. has always been known to be somewhat suspect when another team from another county comes around. I have seen some of the worst called basketball games I have ever seen in my life down there. Everyone from every team has seen it. It's just the way it is and has been for many years. It actually is used for motivation when getting an outsider team ready. Teams don't take Greene county teams lightly when they play in Greene Co. because the coaches and players know they are probably behind as soon as they get off the bus.

Heck buddy its not just bad toward out of county teams its pretty much bad period . (At least in football it is)

Heck buddy its not just bad toward out of county teams its pretty much bad period . (At least in football it is)

Id agree with that! And its not just football nor just high school....it includes officiating in every area of sports and age groups today....In a Jr Pee Wee football game the other day, we had an official tell us, "We really dont know the rules"!!! <_<

I believe that to be true with many high school refs today also JMO

The officiating in Greene Co. has always been known to be somewhat suspect when another team from another county comes around. I have seen some of the worst called basketball games I have ever seen in my life down there. Everyone from every team has seen it. It's just the way it is and has been for many years. It actually is used for motivation when getting an outsider team ready. Teams don't take Greene county teams lightly when they play in Greene Co. because the coaches and players know they are probably behind as soon as they get off the bus.

You have to be referring to only one team. Most schools in the county get bad calls on their home floor vs. anybody from anywhere.

I still say the DOGS by 35 by the 3rd qtr....

I do believe the 1st qtr will be fun to watch....after that, ALL DOGS!!! :thumb:

Well I certainly hope you're right, but I just don't see it being that easy.If we play to our potential ,I believe we'll win by a comfortable margin,but we'll have to fight for everything we get.

Well I certainly hope you're right, but I just don't see it being that easy.If we play to our potential ,I believe we'll win by a comfortable margin,but we'll have to fight for everything we get.

I thought about my post last night...I do believe we'll take this one with no problem, BUT I never post such and shouldn't have this time....I hope our players dont spend time on these boards, but just in case, I usually try to challenge them a bit by not being too sure of any game and looking at the things to improve on from game to game...that ticks off some poeple 'cause they think I only look at the negative....but that hasn't stopped me yet! :mrgreen: If this unit continues to work on their weaknesses, they should be prepared for any conf-game and ready for playoffs. If they get lazy and content, heartbreak is just ahead

I thought about my post last night...I do believe we'll take this one with no problem, BUT I never post such and shouldn't have this time....I hope our players dont spend time on these boards, but just in case, I usually try to challenge them a bit by not being too sure of any game and looking at the things to improve on from game to game...that ticks off some poeple 'cause they think I only look at the negative....but that hasn't stopped me yet! :mrgreen: If this unit continues to work on their weaknesses, they should be prepared for any conf-game and ready for playoffs. If they get lazy and content, heartbreak is just ahead

I'm all about improving each week,you always have areas you need to work on.I've seen improvement from the 1st Jahnson Co game to last weeks game.We should be even better this week.Overall I'm pretty impressed,but were still not a finished product.