Union City @ Peabody

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Offense looked better with Rutland back at QB but defense is atrocious. Looks like the kids are thinking too much instead of playing defense. Maybe the defense is being made too complicated and the kids are too worried about all their assignments while the ball goes right by them and they try to arm tackle instead of wrapping up! Maybe our best defense is when the offense has the ball.

Zebra you are right peabody's offense is just terrible. UC will win this game easy. I heard their is alot of problems going on with the team and the coaching staff. UC by 3 or more touchdowns. Peabody's offense can't put points on the board.

I am heard that as well. But i am not going to post anything negative! Except its time for a change in Trenton TN.

I believe some of the "problems" at UC are that maybe some, not all, of the kids on the team are maybe soft...Not really used to being made to work hard, maybe not used to being yelled at...My advice, GET OVER IT !!!...Coach Bowling's system works...He has the only GOLD FOOTBALL in Union City's vast treasure trove of trophies in the big case...Leave the coach alone and let him win more titles..Little Johnny will be better off for it...

GO TORNADOES !!!...

UC-27

Peabody-21

With Rutland back at Q B...it makes Union City Offense like we are use to seeing. Gore should be back this week at center and will be very limited if any playing time on defense.

Speaking of defense...UNION CITY H A S N o n e!!! The worse tackling team ever in Union City. It seems they need to have defensive practice only, forget about the offense. The "arm" tackling looks like kids playing backyard football who were the last to be chosen on a team...remember those days. If Union City had ANY kind of defense...they would be pretty tough. But, the offense has to be good in order to try and keep up with the points scored because it is like there is not a player on the field when it comes to defense. I will say this..there are freshmen who start on defense and really makes plays and looks good. The promise should be good starting next year. We have to first get through this year and it's going to be long I'm afraid. If the defense doesn't step up AT ALL, Union City will finish the season at 2 - 8.

With Rutland back at Q B...it makes Union City Offense like we are use to seeing. Gore should be back this week at center and will be very limited if any playing time on defense.

Speaking of defense...UNION CITY H A S N o n e!!! The worse tackling team ever in Union City. It seems they need to have defensive practice only, forget about the offense. The "arm" tackling looks like kids playing backyard football who were the last to be chosen on a team...remember those days. If Union City had ANY kind of defense...they would be pretty tough. But, the offense has to be good in order to try and keep up with the points scored because it is like there is not a player on the field when it comes to defense. I will say this..there are freshmen who start on defense and really makes plays and looks good. The promise should be good starting next year. We have to first get through this year and it's going to be long I'm afraid. If the defense doesn't step up AT ALL, Union City will finish the season at 2 - 8.

good assessment and I agree. Horrible tackling. Defense is all about effort. The only ones showing effort and emotion are the freshmen playing on defense. Things will be better, I know it, because Coach Bowling will wring it out of them.

In the words of the famous Lee Corso I would say "not so fast my friend"!! Peabody does struggle on offense but the Tornadoes have struggled all year on defense as well. So a key will be which team will be able to sure up their weak points the best. The key will be if UC can get their offense untracked on the Trenton defense, which has been pretty good all year. I believe it will be a close game that comes down to special teams and turnovers. Peabody at home should be an advantage as well. I will say Golden Tide 21-14 with a touchdown late possibly scored by the defense.