clay county v/s Watertown

bigjazzy

Clay County lost to a team by 3 points that Watertown only beat by 10. Yeah Watertown has beaten all of those other teams by so many points, but those other teams aren't very good either. When they go up against a decent team, Monterey, it's close. I've heard "well you can't beat every team by 40" or "the conditions were bad" and so on and so forth. Truth is if your going to be considered anywhere close to either one of the top 3 teams you beat Monterey, Clay County, and Jackson County by more than 10 points. I just do not think Watertown is anywhere close to as good as advertised by a few, and I believe Clay County may be a better team now than what they were when they lost to Monterey. It would not surprise me one bit if Clay won this game.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boarhog, I enjoy your posts...You always have good insight and your information is right on....

Bottom line is watertown will be sitting home with everyone in this region except tc when the gold ball is awarded. So it dont matter what the records are, yes that includes the tigers from smith county sp is waiting.

Bottom line is watertown will be sitting home with everyone in this region except tc when the gold ball is awarded. So it dont matter what the records are, yes that includes the tigers from smith county sp is waiting.

You're high school mindset is laughable.

Which it probably fits you, because I doubt you're out of high school.

Bottom line is Gville is capable of beating SP and TC is capable of being at home as well when everyone else is in Cookeville.

As far as this game goes, Watertown should have the edge, but I wouldn't be surprised if Clay upsets them.

Yeah Watertown only beat Monterey by 10 but both of those teams have always played each other close regardless of how good or bad either team was. Same thing with Watertown and G-ville, for the most part you can always expect a good game. You can't judge how good or bad a team is by one team playing them close. Maybe Clay isn't as bad as their record show or Watertown isn't as good as theirs shows but until they get beat i'm gonna stick by that Watertown is a good and can compete with the better teams in the region. And I may point out that Watertown tied Smith County in a scrimage, a team that G-ville lost to by 2. Not that spring matters but since were pointing out teams that played the same teams.

Yeah Watertown only beat Monterey by 10 but both of those teams have always played each other close regardless of how good or bad either team was. Same thing with Watertown and G-ville, for the most part you can always expect a good game. You can't judge how good or bad a team is by one team playing them close. Maybe Clay isn't as bad as their record show or Watertown isn't as good as theirs shows but until they get beat i'm gonna stick by that Watertown is a good and can compete with the better teams in the region. And I may point out that Watertown tied Smith County in a scrimage, a team that G-ville lost to by 2. Not that spring matters but since were pointing out teams that played the same teams.

I was at that scrimmage and the only way Watertown would have tied SC iswhen the JV or freshmen started playing. What I saw is when the first team defense was in for Smith County, Watertown did not have but maybe 1 or 2 plays for positive yards offensively.

Edited by swanson71

You can hang your hat on a spring scrimmage all you want, but you will end up disappointed. BTW, Gville lost by 1, not that it matters.

If you want to look at common opponents, look at when both H2O and Gville played Monterey. That should be apples to apples.

Stand by your team, but sometimes you need to be realistic.

I was at that scrimmage and the only way Watertown would have tied SC iswhen the JV or freshmen started playing. What I saw is when the first team defense was in for Smith County, Watertown did not have but maybe 1 or 2 plays for positive yards offensively.

I was at that same Scrimmage might of fact I have it on DVD and we had serval runs for postive yards on the 1st team . Man stop with all of ya hate for the Tigers,heck the huddleston kid along had over 60 to 70 yards with just 3 or 4 carriers and the Hill Kid had serval nice runs against them as well. I think you can pull up some those runs on the huddleston kid highlight film on you Tube so U can go back and Research your research. SC was a Tough Match those kids Fly to the Ball and I even look to see them in the State Championship Game. Yea I Said It ! Smith County Owls State Champs !!!!! Lol

I was at that same Scrimmage might of fact I have it on DVD and we had serval runs for postive yards on the 1st team . Man stop with all of ya hate for the Tigers,heck the huddleston kid along had over 60 to 70 yards with just 3 or 4 carriers and the Hill Kid had serval nice runs against them as well. I think you can pull up some those runs on the huddleston kid highlight film on you Tube so U can go back and Research your research. SC was a Tough Match those kids Fly to the Ball and I even look to see them in the State Championship Game. Yea I Said It ! Smith County Owls State Champs !!!!! Lol

Several runs but not for possitive yards. The 1st team defense, or most of them, was out of the scrimmage for SC by the 3rd series. I know this for a fact because the kid I was their to see had been basically been taken out and going in sparingly. Reguardless it is a spring scrimmage and means absolutely nothing.

You can hang your hat on a spring scrimmage all you want, but you will end up disappointed. BTW, Gville lost by 1, not that it matters.

If you want to look at common opponents, look at when both H2O and Gville played Monterey. That should be apples to apples.

Stand by your team, but sometimes you need to be realistic.

Not hanging anything on a spring scrimmage as i clearly stated that it doesn't matter but since everyone likes to compare teams who played teams, i just thought i would bring that up. I don't care about common opponets cause thats not the type of guy i am, as an athlete myself i know that on any night a lesser team can play and even beat the bigger opponent. Respect in the region for Watertown has never been there so i don't expect it now but i never said anything about that they were gonna beat FC, G-ville, or TC. Do i think that they are capable of beating all three of them, yes. So Mr. Croz please explain to me how in any way am i being unrealistic?

The scrimmage was 1-1 while the starters were and then SC scored again while the twos were playing. Neither team did anything offensively but both defensives played well the whole game. But as you said its a spring scrimmage and doesn't matter.

Not hanging anything on a spring scrimmage as i clearly stated that it doesn't matter but since everyone likes to compare teams who played teams, i just thought i would bring that up. I don't care about common opponets cause thats not the type of guy i am, as an athlete myself i know that on any night a lesser team can play and even beat the bigger opponent. Respect in the region for Watertown has never been there so i don't expect it now but i never said anything about that they were gonna beat FC, G-ville, or TC. Do i think that they are capable of beating all three of them, yes. So Mr. Croz please explain to me how in any way am i being unrealistic?

Unrealistic explanation: go back & read Crozs post on being unrealistic.

Betting the farm on a scrimmage game is like being your own attorney. Foolish.

Your stock will take a nose dive starting in Oct. But, then, Clay doesn't

come with a guarantee either.

Unrealistic explanation: go back & read Crozs post on being unrealistic.

Betting the farm on a scrimmage game is like being your own attorney. Foolish.

Your stock will take a nose dive starting in Oct. But, then, Clay doesn't

come with a guarantee either.

Never did i say that because Watertown tied SC in a spring scrimmage that it meant that they were going to beat anybody.

It was simply noted to put a little prespective in the equation that Watertown is capable of playing with a stronger opponent.

If any game came with a guarantee then there would be no need to play because we'd already know who would win.