Franklin County @ South Pittsburg

rlh

I would be very surprised if Coach Fulmer is there. Johnny would come more near going the game than CF. I am not sure how Johnny's health is and if he is in Sewanee at this time.

Johnny who? Majors? Why would a Huntland boy give a rats rear about a Franklin County game? :thumb:

I answered the question...Riverdale has nothing to do with the conversation dummy...They were never asked nor would they..They are one of the premier programs in the state in the largest level so no they wouldn't waste their time...A crappy 4A,5A and 6A school that doesn't when they are also having trouble filling their schedule is a different story.. U just like to take something and twist it in ur own stupid way.. The statement was about SP and T-Town...Nobody else...Moving on

You are the one that likes to twist things. Have you coach call Riverdale and other 5A and 6A schools to play you. When they tell you no, you can get on the T and say that they were too scare to play you.

Edited by wingman10

Guest Purplepastry

There was a time when nobody could hang 60+ points on anybody in the Valley except once in a decade. That changed in the late 90s. You need to realize that. There have been several times the past several year that SP could have hung another 35 or 40 points on Whitwell for example. As far as the Pirate-Warrior clash goes, K.C. and the Sunshine Band would never let the foot off the gas against SP. We don't ask any quarter from Jasper and give none.

I don't disagree with any of this and I was not directing my comments to anyone in particular, just a general observation. It is short sighted and ridiculous when any coach “keeps his foot on the gas†when the game is decided. A win is a win and it is classless and immature to put the boots to anyone. From a practical stand point the running up the score, talking trash, stomping on a team’s logo, and generally behaving like a punk that is so prevalent in today’s game is only giving fuel to an opponent , puts pressure on the team acting the fool, and will eventually lead to a hard lesson for them. It is like sugar and caffeine. It may provide temporary emotional lift but leads to a crash.

I prefer mental and physical discipline and preparation. Those are like eating good and sleeping well, they lead to endurance. I always preferred to let game do the talking and leave it at that, the truth is the truth. Anything more is unproductive. Arrogance and uncontrolled emotion is a weakness that sows the seed of destruction and they never see it coming.

I don't think KC could even turn the Jasper program around. The kids are different these days. We all played backyard football, now they only play flag football. I guess that's why they try to arm tackle too much. We wore pads 4 days a week and always started out with tackling drills or oklahoma. Now, pads are worn only 2 days with that including the game on friday night. The truth is for Jasper if you don't have the level of talent even the best coach will have problems. I wish Jasper would bring in a coach like KC, but then again is that REALLY what they need?

Sorry to post off subject

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

You are the one that likes to twist things. Have you coach call Riverdale and other 5A and 6A schools to play you. When they tell you no, you can get on the T and say that they were too scare to play you.

Wow...Franklin Co is 6A...Once again the statement was T-Town...U just keep saying Riverdale over and over...U made no point and just keep repeating urself...We do call some 5A and 6A schools because that's unfortunately the only ones that will play..Good try though

Edited by TrainTracks99

Guest Purplepastry

I don't think KC could even turn the Jasper program around. The kids are different these days. We all played backyard football, now they only play flag football. I guess that's why they try to arm tackle too much. We wore pads 4 days a week and always started out with tackling drills or oklahoma. Now, pads are worn only 2 days with that including the game on friday night. The truth is for Jasper if you don't have the level of talent even the best coach will have problems. I wish Jasper would bring in a coach like KC, but then again is that REALLY what they need?

Sorry to post off subject

The real problem is that old school coaches and teams are not tolerated in our more “enlightened†time. Coaches who push players get fired. The way to teach tackling and hitting is to tackle and hit, in practice. Today in practice the whistle blows before any real hitting or tackling happens to keep people from getting hurt. Players play the way they are trained. If they are constantly practicing not finishing plays that is the way they play.

Football is a rough game and people are going to get hurt, mama can’t change that. If you practice in fear of players getting hurt then you will play that way. Teach them all to be hard chargers all the time and you’ll have replacements for those who get injured. Imagine if the Marines fought timid to protect from injury on Iwo Jima. I laugh at coaches who “protect†key players in practice and then leave them in games that are over, winning or losing, exposing them to unnecessary injury. Alas the days are gone for relics like me and we are so much better for it.

Edited by Purplepastry