Franklin County @ South Pittsburg

rlh

I actually only slam MC because they are no good and have always taken shots at us over the years...If a team is a muffin then they are a muffin...No slamming needed. I just get tired of other schools consistently bashing us saying we are scared of Alcoa when every team in the state would prefer to not have to play them. It's always about how we won't schedule bigger schools when the fact is we try and most turn us away because they either say we have nothing to gain and everything to lose or in some cases they say even though Y'all (SP) are 1A we just can't compete at that level"...That's what one 4A head coach told Grider this past spring...It's sad that no 1A teams will schedule us but that's just the way it is at the top I suppose...

Glad to hear u enjoy watching good football though...Atleast u give us that

Easy there TT99. I had to call out Zonie for making similar comments, and hadn't seen much of him since. I love how you and Wingy are going back and forth on this topic so I'll keep my mouth shut for now.

Continue on...

Guest Purplepastry

:roflolk: I don't know if it's worth it! Too many cans of worms alread opend in this thread. :roflolk:

Braintracks is like the kid who was three classes ahead of you when you were a freshman and ended up graduating with your little brother. Just ignore what he says and jab him once and a while to keep him from getting out of control. He talks a bunch of crap and calls everybody names then throws a hissy fit if anyone yanks his chain. His is the assistant to the regional manager but he thinks he is the assistant manager. Disclaimer: The previous statement was not a reference to any current popular television sit-com.

Braintracks is like the kid who was three classes ahead of you when you were a freshman and ended up graduating with your little brother. Just ignore what he says and jab him once and a while to keep him from getting out of control. He talks a bunch of crap and calls everybody names then throws a hissy fit if anyone yanks his chain. His is the assistant to the regional manager but he thinks he is the assistant manager. Disclaimer: The previous statement was not a reference to any current popular television sit-com.

Whoa. :popcorneater:

Easy there TT99. I had to call out Zonie for making similar comments, and hadn't seen much of him since. I love how you and Wingy are going back and forth on this topic so I'll keep my mouth shut for now.

I'm still around just tired of all the junk on here now so don't post much

Call me out?? LOL.. but what TT says is true for the 1A teams we contacted. Of course I'm sure there are 1A teams that would play us but distance and having the schedule openings are other issues that go into both teams schedule wise. There are a lot of other local 2A and larger teams that don't want any of SP either. That's why we are playing a 6A Franklin Co tomorrow night.

Speaking of Franklin. They are not a top tier 6A team but they are a decent 6A team, definately not a team the coaches are taking lightly. Their depth and size and our lack of it will be an issue late in the game. With our injuries and other issues this could be a very tough one to win. We need some kids to step it up!

I am hearing that the injury and sickness bug is still in full effect this week. I was told last night that So.Pitt will again be without the two best athletes on the team as well as numerous other starters. The numbers I got were possibly 5 defensive starters out and possibly as many as 4 offensive starters. I support S.P. but I can't see them winning over a much larger school considering the people apparently out again.

I heard different but trying to get more info

I'm still around just tired of all the junk on here now so don't post much

Call me out?? LOL.. but what TT says is true for the 1A teams we contacted. Of course I'm sure there are 1A teams that would play us but distance and having the schedule openings are other issues that go into both teams schedule wise. There are a lot of other local 2A and larger teams that don't want any of SP either. That's why we are playing a 6A Franklin Co tomorrow night.

Speaking of Franklin. They are not a top tier 6A team but they are a decent 6A team, definately not a team the coaches are taking lightly. Their depth and size and our lack of it will be an issue late in the game. With our injuries and other issues this could be a very tough one to win. We need some kids to step it up!

There you are, ol buddy! In all seriousness...I have missed reading you one here and I hope all is well with you and your family. We're in the same boat as far as scheduling goes, as I'm sure you know. That's why we always have to go to Ky.

As for Franklin Co...I don't know much about them. I know they had a series with Smith Co. a couple of years ago in which Smith Co. swept. They also got beat by Lebanon this year by 41, which doesn't help make their case. They'll have the size and numbers, but I don't know if they have the speed to hang with the Pirates at the Speedway.

I was talking to a man at Freds today and he told me Griders little JV team was playing at Marion County High School tonight at that Beck mans field. I think I will go and watch this game and see if Grider has been training these boys to play ball. Let me ask you a question. Does Grider still run that durn three down lineman defence he does with the varsity boys?

I was talking to a man at Freds today and he told me Griders little JV team was playing at Marion County High School tonight at that Beck mans field. I think I will go and watch this game and see if Grider has been training these boys to play ball. Let me ask you a question. Does Grider still run that durn three down lineman defence he does with the varsity boys?

Roy...you will never guess what I got a couple of weeks ago. A South Pittsburg thermos will all of your state titles on it. The only bad thing is that durn Creasy man won't let me bring it in his stadium, so I can only use it in the parking lot. On the plus side, it's rather large so the refills are few and far between. :wacko:

Roy, there is some confusion about where this is being played. Middle school or high school...I don't want to doubt your source at Fred's so unless you tell us otherwise I will be at that Beck man's field at 6:00.