Franklin County @ South Pittsburg

rlh

:roflol:

Wow, man this guy is smart.

South Pitt runs a GAP control defense. Anyone with a brain should be able to recognize that. 3 Dlinemen would be responsible for 3 gaps. Linebackers should be responsible for the other ones. I was thinking back to the Grundy County game and South Pitt had an extra linebacker or linemen up on the end of the line during that game. It looked like a 4-4 defense that night. So my response here is I know that adjustment exists because we saw it early, but maybe injuries have played a key in not being able to run it lately.

Gap control? What kind of garbage is that? We have gaps all over our D!!To be serious though yes some of the injuries have affected us but when you got some tonage on the sidelines i just say what a waste is all. You guys make all your jokes you want but you know I'm right!!!

rlh I thought we'd learned from that game but I see it's the same old thing. Grant it we played a great game last year against JB,that was an exception but I'm just saying our defense should be in the 3-4 at times and in the 4-3 at time and maybe sometime a 5-2. I'm just saying and I hope OP know's this bc no I don't know everything but I've been around alot loger than most of these young whipper snapper coaches and you have to adapt your game sometimes. That's all I'm saying. I wasn't bad mouthing the coaches just saying they need to look at the whole picture sometimes!!We have more than an Offense!!

sportman, Old Pirate is sure yous a skillet head......answer a couple of questions for OP. 1. with 3 down lineman, who jobs are to fill certain gaps and to rush the passer 2. with 2 LBs walked up on the line and are asked to do the same.......ain't it then 5 players on the line with similar duties? Fact is SP rarely have just 3 players attacking the line of scrimmage.The Pirate defense IS NOT a set back and react style but attack the line of scrimmage creating problems for the opposing OL. With SP's style of attack the OL have some quick decisions to make on who to block with 4,5, or 6 attacking gaps up and own the line of scrimmage. OP ain't so sure yous could be a coach neither....Yous thinks Old Pirate is joking.............................OP ain't joking neither. :roflol:

Roy, put down the fudge rounds and count the players that attack the line of scrimmage on the snap of the ball most likely theys a heep more than 3. OP is sure yous a causing these skillet heads to be confused................. :popcorneater:

sportman, Old Pirate is sure yous a skillet head......answer a couple of questions for OP. 1. with 3 down lineman, who jobs are to fill certain gaps and to rush the passer 2. with 2 LBs walked up on the line and are asked to do the same.......ain't it then 5 players on the line with similar duties? Fact is SP rarely have just 3 players attacking the line of scrimmage.The Pirate defense IS NOT a set back and react style but attack the line of scrimmage creating problems for the opposing OL. With SP's style of attack the OL have some quick decisions to make on who to block with 4,5, or 6 attacking gaps up and own the line of scrimmage. OP ain't so sure yous could be a coach neither....Yous thinks Old Pirate is joking.............................OP ain't joking neither. :roflol:

Roy, put down the fudge rounds and count the players that attack the line of scrimmage on the snap of the ball most likely theys a heep more than 3. OP is sure yous a causing these skillet heads to be confused................. :popcorneater:

I'm sorry OP but if I answer your question which I've answered over and over already it want please you bc you can't be told anything. So how about us droping this issue. We're on the same side's with different opinions. Yours is not wrong and neither is mine so how about us droping it. Besides you may have been skillit hit today and have an excuse for your talk!!!

OP u must of played football in the stone age when they wore leather helmets with no face masks! our defense seems like its always on there heels not in attack mode! how many times have we sacked the qb this year? or even kept containment on the ends?

Edited by spfan24

I'm sorry OP but if I answer your question which I've answered over and over already it want please you bc you can't be told anything. So how about us droping this issue. We're on the same side's with different opinions. Yours is not wrong and neither is mine so how about us droping it. Besides you may have been skillit hit today and have an excuse for your talk!!!

Recon Old Pirate ain't ritely ready to end the fun jest yet.....................So from reading your previous posts you suggest the coaches bring on the beef... with those big ole youngons standing on the sideline. Fact is most couldn't get out of their car, cross the road then move bystanders aside and rush... into Harvey's 10 times in a roll for double cheeseburgers without needing oxygen....Figure OP ain't making no friends today but others that want to git the skillets out. Now.. OP CAN BE told anything too...everytime the SS wounds OP her is always a saying OP deserved it..ain't ritely sure shes always rite neither... :roflol:

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Recon Old Pirate ain't ritely ready to end the fun jest yet.....................So from reading your previous posts you suggest the coaches bring on the beef... with those big ole youngons standing on the sideline. Fact is most couldn't get out of their car, cross the road then move bystanders aside and rush... into Harvey's 10 times in a roll for double cheeseburgers without needing oxygen....Figure OP ain't making no friends today but others that want to git the skillets out :roflol:

Hey I enjoy giving and getting!!This is all in fun anyways and I don't take it serious like alot of folks!!

This is my personal opinion and some people may disagree but thats ok. I think the defense has the potential to be good. A lot of people just watch the ball and see the end result of the play. If you look at our defensive players, a lot of times we are in great position to make a play but do not make the tackle. This may be from taking a bad angle or not wrapping up(which for some reason many people do not wrap up and tackle anymore). So with that being said, everybody just needs to relax and support SP and watch them play. We are all fans and the coaches that work with them every single day know what they are doing. We have a good staff. When we get to 1a competition in the playoffs and get everyone back and healthy we will be just fine in my opinion. These games the next few weeks will be good experience for all our guys headed into the playoffs.

This is my personal opinion and some people may disagree but thats ok. I think the defense has the potential to be good. A lot of people just watch the ball and see the end result of the play. If you look at our defensive players, a lot of times we are in great position to make a play but do not make the tackle. This may be from taking a bad angle or not wrapping up(which for some reason many people do not wrap up and tackle anymore). So with that being said, everybody just needs to relax and support SP and watch them play. We are all fans and the coaches that work with them every single day know what they are doing. We have a good staff. When we get to 1a competition in the playoffs and get everyone back and healthy we will be just fine in my opinion. These games the next few weeks will be good experience for all our guys headed into the playoffs.

power p now lets dont talk about the D too much i might just have to pull up and pop a 3 pointer on u!

Now OP you are starting to show your true self. I've been around football my whole life but I never knew gap blacking assignments. That for the lesson. You have either played recently or been involved closely. I'm not a fan of the 3-4 but I am a fan of our coaches. I'm a bigger fan of mixing it up, keep the opponents guessing. I know we have the players to run multiple D and multiple O. Just watch Wisconsin.

For example, cast iron head, ( :roflol::roflol: ) in the flex the 4 down lineman are dug in like bulfrogs, at least 2 of them 1 yard off the line and don't give any ground to the OL and keep them off the backers. The trouble with these veer and various power teams is they are happy with 3 yards a pop especially when they can convert on 4th down. John Riggins' favorite defense was the 3-4.

rlh I thought we'd learned from that game but I see it's the same old thing. Grant it we played a great game last year against JB,that was an exception but I'm just saying our defense should be in the 3-4 at times and in the 4-3 at time and maybe sometime a 5-2. I'm just saying and I hope OP know's this bc no I don't know everything but I've been around alot loger than most of these young whipper snapper coaches and you have to adapt your game sometimes. That's all I'm saying. I wasn't bad mouthing the coaches just saying they need to look at the whole picture sometimes!!We have more than an Offense!!

I agree that it is good to have different sets for different situations! They also need to be perfected just like actually kicking a field goal. How many times do you see us try a fg when we have a 35 or 40 point lead. I like our coaches also. However, I call a spade a spade. AS physical a team as SP is year end and year out, there is no reason for our D to get put on its heels every time they run into a Polk or U.C.

Youngon, since Old Pirate is home and recovering from too much sun in Fla OP has more time to respond to skillet heads. Fact is,,,the defensive scheme DID NOT git the Pirates beat in 09 but the lack of disicpline the Pirates had that day both by dropped passes,missed tackles and players out of position,

OP wonders how many skillet heads on here who have ever really schemed a defense???? The real pros please stand up.................................................................................

Fact is you youngons fail to put most of the blame where most of it belongs.......failure of players to perform. Coaches' jobs are to put players in position to make plays and the failure to make plays falls on the players. OP ain't bashing players but showing some respect for the Pirate coaching staff us commom folkes ain't worthy of carrying their jock straps. Bet the house 99.9% of coacht folkes don't know enough to git a coaching job in the Roy Dillard Powder Puff League. Yous thinks Old Pirate is joking...............................................................................................OP ain't joking neither.................................... :roflol:

Dooo dooo! Lots of it coming out of ur mouth OP...Now go brush ur teeth! That defensive philosophy in 09 was pitiful! Yeah we missed some plays on offensive but u don't relie on your offense to win every game...Ur old school approach should now this! We put all our marbles on a defensive set that has yet to stop a power running team that's not pitiful anyways...3rd year and it still is crap! Lucky this team doesn't play some of the 1A schools of old or they would b ousted in 2nd round... Sorry that's just a pitiful observation...Kids can only do so much...It's up to the coaches to put them in position to succeed...I can understand u taking up for coaches but that defense against powerful grind it out teams just plain sucks....One skillet wacked too many! Venom served....That is all

Edited by TrainTracks99