Franklin County @ South Pittsburg

rlh

Yo...ma bru-thas. Ease up. These is jus boys. Dey ain't men. We been around long 'nuff to study de game and knows whats to do. Dem boys ain't been around long as we has. Dey jus be out there doin' de best dey can do. Some of dem might be a lil lazy at times, but fo de most part dey be doin' dey best. I agrees dat de LB's ain't livin' up to de pre-season hype, and my brutha DJ don't be makin' de impack we thought he would, but dey still be out there nockin' heads. Franklin County be seein' a new wrinkle or two Friday night dat you guys will like. I still be putin' ma money on de Pirates.

Youngon, since Old Pirate is home and recovering from too much sun in Fla OP has more time to respond to skillet heads. Fact is,,,the defensive scheme DID NOT git the Pirates beat in 09 but the lack of disicpline the Pirates had that day both by dropped passes,missed tackles and players out of position,

OP wonders how many skillet heads on here who have ever really schemed a defense???? The real pros please stand up.................................................................................

Fact is you youngons fail to put most of the blame where most of it belongs.......failure of players to perform. Coaches' jobs are to put players in position to make plays and the failure to make plays falls on the players. OP ain't bashing players but showing some respect for the Pirate coaching staff us commom folkes ain't worthy of carrying their jock straps. Bet the house 99.9% of coacht folkes don't know enough to git a coaching job in the Roy Dillard Powder Puff League. Yous thinks Old Pirate is joking...............................................................................................OP ain't joking neither.................................... :roflol:

The coaches failed to perform up to their tasks in the 2009 title game as well. I give you the field goal try on 4th and goal when we can't hit a P.A.T. with any certainty. 2nd, the coaching staff was napping during the entire 2nd and 3rd qtr while U.C. ran off several 17 play drives student body left, student body right failing to grasp that U.C. had just ate a qtr. U.C. nearly ate the 3rd qtr before they woke up. The 3/4 was designed to deal with O.J. and Eric Dickerson type backs but doesn't do well against Larry Czonka and John Riggins types.

Edited by rlh

OP I'm probaly as old as you but you can't run some defenses or offenses and that's the bottom line. and Oh by the way,yes I could coach so bring it on ..

Dad burnit youngon, recon you should be then. Yous certainly in that .01%. Old Pirate is jest a skillet head likes a lot of folkes on coacht so you professional folkes keep everyone else enlightened :thumb:

Did you learn to drive in a Hudson or Packard, if not........ yous not near as old as OP :roflol:

Edited by OLD PIRATE

The coaches failed to perform up to their tasks in the 2009 title game as well. I give you the field goal try on 4th and goal when we can't hit a P.A.T. with any certainty. 2nd, the coaching staff was napping during the entire 2nd and 3rd qtr while U.C. ran off several 17 play drives student body left, student body right failing to grasp that U.C. had just ate a qtr. U.C. nearly ate the 3rd qtr before they woke up. The 3/4 was designed to deal with O.J. and Eric Dickerson type backs but doesn't do well against Larry Czonka and John Riggins types.

Old Pirate says the DROPPED 4 yd td pass that resulted in the field goal attempt was far more the blame than than the failed FG attempt and players continuelly being caught out or position of missing tackles. Example here is the nose guard play, he attempted to stand up and chicken fight bigger players and that resulted in him being whipped all day. OP is a skillet head, all coacht folkes knows that but OP is sure that 1 example is NOT taught by the coaching staff on anyone team. Other examples of player failure upon request............

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate says the DROPPED 4 yd pass that resulted in the field goal attempt was far more the blame than than the failed FG attempt.

Perhaps. But the coaches are a big part of the team and its a team game. You can't look at anyone with a straight face and say that with the game on the line that anyone that knows S.P. would call a FG with any confidence. I notice you didn't address the catatonic defensive coaching during those 2nd and 3rd qtrs with 17 play drives giving up 1st downs on 3rd and 4th downs. Some times kids do what you tell them.

Edit: And furthermore, that 2009 team had the lead with 6 sec to go despite all of that as well as an unforced fumble. They played hard and didn't quit despite getting hammered on the line.

Edited by rlh

Perhaps. But the coaches are a big part of the team and its a team game. You can't look at anyone with a straight face and say that with the game on the line that anyone that knows S.P. would call a FG with any confidence. I notice you didn't address the catatonic defensive coaching during those 2nd and 3rd qtrs with 17 play drives giving up 1st downs on 3rd and 4th downs. Some times kids do what you tell them.

Edit: And furthermore, that 2009 team had the lead with 6 sec to go despite all of that as well as an unforced fumble. They played hard and didn't quit despite getting hammered on the line.

Old Pirate ain't never been a fan of the SP kicking game. That said... the dropped pass put the coaching in a position to attempt the FG to come away with points. That said...., OP didn't like the call anyway, would have much preferred goin for it and at least pinning them deep with the length of the field to travel. AGAIN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> player failure to execute resulted in BOTH......not the coaches.......................Both players were put in position to perform in great situations/conditions and simply failed..............1st being a wide open simple 3-4 yd pass and a field goal that was no more than an extra point. Bring on more and OP will continue to counter attack.........the skillet slinger taught OP that........... :roflol:

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Dad burnit youngon, recon you should be then. Yous certainly in that .01%. Old Pirate is jest a skillet head likes a lot of folkes on coacht so you professional folkes keep everyone else enlightened :thumb:

Did you learn to drive in a Hudson or Packard, if not........ yous not near as old as OP :roflol:

I learned to drive on old Bessy,a mule!!!LOL!!!

Old Pirate ain't never been a fan of the SP kicking game. That said... the dropped pass put the coaching in a position to attempt the FG to come away with points. That said...., OP didn't like the call anyway, would have much preferred goin for it and at least pinning them deep with the length of the field to travel. AGAIN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> player failure to execute resulted in BOTH......not the coaches.......................Both players were put in position to perform in great situations/conditions and simply failed..............1st being a wide open simple 3-4 yd pass and a field goal that was no more than an extra point. Bring on more and OP will continue to counter attack.........the skillet slinger taught OP that........... :roflol:

I would say you would win this argument if S.P. coaches had a kicking coach and actually practiced serious fg tries in practice.

I learned to drive on old Bessy,a mule!!!LOL!!!

Old Pirate is having so much fun today with you youngons! Recon you can tell us folkes what the nose guard and tackles are asked to do with a wingt power rt set and a wingt 2 tight set cause us SP folkes can see if them SP youngons is doing their jobs against the Rebels.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

rlh I thought we'd learned from that game but I see it's the same old thing. Grant it we played a great game last year against JB,that was an exception but I'm just saying our defense should be in the 3-4 at times and in the 4-3 at time and maybe sometime a 5-2. I'm just saying and I hope OP know's this bc no I don't know everything but I've been around alot loger than most of these young whipper snapper coaches and you have to adapt your game sometimes. That's all I'm saying. I wasn't bad mouthing the coaches just saying they need to look at the whole picture sometimes!!We have more than an Offense!!

Old Pirate is having so much fun today with you youngons! Recon you can tell us folkes what the nose guard is asked to do with a wingt power rt set and a wingt 2 tight set cause us SP folkes can see if them SP youngons is doing their jobs.

Well to answer your question the NG is suppose to read the play and be able to move down the line and plug that hole. I mean that's elementry. Trouble is we don't have anybody that can do that. I am glad your having fun today. Let me ask you while you were in Florida did your brain get sunburned?LOL!!!

Well to answer your question the NG is suppose to read the play and be able to move down the line and plug that hole. I mean that's elementry.

:roflol:

Wow, man this guy is smart.

South Pitt runs a GAP control defense. Anyone with a brain should be able to recognize that. 3 Dlinemen would be responsible for 3 gaps. Linebackers should be responsible for the other ones. I was thinking back to the Grundy County game and South Pitt had an extra linebacker or linemen up on the end of the line during that game. It looked like a 4-4 defense that night. So my response here is I know that adjustment exists because we saw it early, but maybe injuries have played a key in not being able to run it lately.