Franklin County @ South Pittsburg

rlh

Some people have no idea what they arae talking about when referencing the defense. I took it upon myself to watch #56 the past two weeks. He and another lineman were constantly getting double teamed. It seems to me that would be a good thing in the 3-4 defense. You want linemen to double up on your d linemen. Look up the 3-4 concepts. Its in black and white.

Some people have no idea what they arae talking about when referencing the defense. I took it upon myself to watch #56 the past two weeks. He and another lineman were constantly getting double teamed. It seems to me that would be a good thing in the 3-4 defense. You want linemen to double up on your d linemen. Look up the 3-4 concepts. Its in black and white.

Yes #56 got double teamed at signal. He told me he didn't know which way to turn. A first year starter getting double teamed by two 3-year starters. I have a question what happened to the defense style we had in 07. I remember Robert Robinson was lined up on the line sometimes and other times as LB. I tell you problem is 3 down lineman but more so our LB's are getting eaten alive. I want someone to tell them LB's pirate mike is calling them out this week! If they can't stop whitwell's backs they sure won't stop chase reed from Boyd next week. He is real fast!

You'll be famous. You and Living Legend can sign autographs together.

LOL...............................................................Youngon RD is ALREADY famous...........Old Pirate says theys ain't never goin to the be another Roy....Yous thinks Old Pirate is joking..............................OP ain't joking neither :roflol:

I'm pretty sure we already got that test and failed miserably...I actually agree with Purple Muffin on this one...3-4 is for teams that have 3 stud lineman that can control the d-line alone..I understand why we went to it a few years ago but I'm not buying that we don't have the size or talent to run the 4-3 anymore...Or even a 4-4 against alot of teams we play

I couldn't agree more TT..Sometimes I just wonder if the coaches are to hard headed and just say we're going to run this D no matter what. Well guess what? It got us beat in the 2009 championship game. I've been around football a long time and surely TT we both can't be wrong about what we see. I just hate that we have a great group this year that can win it all but we have to shape up on defense..also some of our guy's have to get a little tougher in my book!!!

At last a youngon that's been paying attention....................Old Pirate says the double team by linemen should allow LBs to make tackles, but none are anywhere on the leader boards in tackles. OP says congrats for realizing what is goin on.........................

Old Pirate is behind due to recent trip but your post reflects what appears to be a major disappointment. The last time OP checked not a SP LB was listed in the area top tackle makers.Nor lineman.......the lineman in the defensive scheme the Pirates attempt to run is attacking gaps and keeping lineman busy so the LBs can make plays. Fact is the SP defense which was thought to be a strength has not played well. Until the Pirates have players listed in the area top playmakers the team is subject to come to a scretching haught when faced with an equally talented team. The last part of the season will define the Pirate's chances to bring home the bacon. With injuries mounting the team must ralley to find some cohesiveness.

Congrats to J.Lankford for his efforts running the futeball, if the Pirates could find some youngons on the defensive side to give similar effort????????????????

Old Pirate says the Rebels will be a tough challenge with what is to be a big team that has apparently played well at times and lost. The Pirates must strike quickly and score when they have the ball, cause the Rebels will most likely play bloody nose style futeball. OP says the Pirates best git ready cause theys a heep of earholing that needs to be done come Friday nite @ the speedway.

[/quote

The defensive stats have to be turned in by the coaches to the times free press to be listed, if they had ben listed last year Blevins,Hale, and Hutchins would haved ben in the top ten almost all year long,The friday night lights mag had Blevins listed in the top 25 linebackers in the state as no#14 and Hutchins was mentioned also.If we are going to run a three man front DJ needs to be nose guard to create gaps in the o line.no matter how talented the players are they have to run the d that the coaches tell them to and the 3 man front will get us beat as it has in the past against power offense and the coaches will lay the blame on the kids.I still think we go at least 3-1 in the last 4 games.our coaches need to listen to Roy!!!

Yes #56 got double teamed at signal. He told me he didn't know which way to turn. A first year starter getting double teamed by two 3-year starters. I have a question what happened to the defense style we had in 07. I remember Robert Robinson was lined up on the line sometimes and other times as LB.I tell you problem is 3 down lineman but more so our LB's are getting eaten alive. I want someone to tell them LB's pirate mike is calling them out this week! If they can't stop whitwell's backs they sure won't stop chase reed from Boyd next week. He is real fast!

Old Pirate says looks as if yous done and went and done that................... :roflol:

At last a youngon that's been paying attention....................Old Pirate says the double team by linemen should allow LBs to make tackles, but none are anywhere on the leader boards in tackles. OP says congrats for realizing what is goin on.........................

So that's basically saying our D line has been getting smashed and double teamed and our linebackers have failed to live up to their hype thus far this season and possibly regressed since last year...I really don't have to mention our secondary play....

Time to put up or shut up....No more powder puffs remain on schedule..Rise up or take it...The season is in this defenses hands...No more excuses

Yes #56 got double teamed at signal. He told me he didn't know which way to turn. A first year starter getting double teamed by two 3-year starters. I have a question what happened to the defense style we had in 07. I remember Robert Robinson was lined up on the line sometimes and other times as LB. I tell you problem is 3 down lineman but more so our LB's are getting eaten alive. I want someone to tell them LB's pirate mike is calling them out this week! If they can't stop whitwell's backs they sure won't stop chase reed from Boyd next week. He is real fast!

So glad to see I'm not the only one frustrated this year. When you don't have a D line to help slow those offensive lineman down well it's open season on our LB's.. Other people will probaly get on here and say well if you could do better why don't you? well if I had the oppurtunity I guarantee you that we wouldn't look like a bunch of kid's playing this game for the first time!!Hey mike I'm calling the LB's out also and the CB's and safety and the whole defensive side of the ball. Frankly our D stinks as bad as our kicking game and we sure don't wanna go there..

I couldn't agree more TT..Sometimes I just wonder if the coaches are to hard headed and just say we're going to run this D no matter what. Well guess what? It got us beat in the 2009 championship game. I've been around football a long time and surely TT we both can't be wrong about what we see. I just hate that we have a great group this year that can win it all but we have to shape up on defense..also some of our guy's have to get a little tougher in my book!!!

Youngon, since Old Pirate is home and recovering from too much sun in Fla OP has more time to respond to skillet heads. Fact is,,,the defensive scheme DID NOT git the Pirates beat in 09 but the lack of disicpline the Pirates had that day both by dropped passes,missed tackles and players out of position,

OP wonders how many skillet heads on here who have ever really schemed a defense???? The real pros please stand up.................................................................................

Fact is you youngons fail to put most of the blame where most of it belongs.......failure of players to perform. Coaches' jobs are to put players in position to make plays and the failure to make plays falls on the players. OP ain't bashing players but showing some respect for the Pirate coaching staff us commom folkes ain't worthy of carrying their jock straps. Bet the house 99.9% of coacht folkes don't know enough to git a coaching job in the Roy Dillard Powder Puff League. Yous thinks Old Pirate is joking...............................................................................................OP ain't joking neither.................................... :roflol:

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Youngon, since Old Pirate is home and recovering from too much sun in Fla OP has more time to respond to skillet heads. Fact is,,,the defensive scheme DID NOT git the Pirates beat in 09 but the lack of disicpline the Pirates had that day both by dropped passes,missed tackles and players out of position,

OP wonders how many skillet heads on here who have ever really schemed a defense???? The real pros please stand up.................................................................................

Fact is you youngons fail to put most of the blame where most of it belongs.......failure of players to perform. Coaches' jobs are to put players in position to make plays and the failure to make plays falls on the players. OP ain't bashing players but showing some respect for the Pirate coaching staff us commom folkes ain't worthy of carrying their jock straps. Bet the house 99.9% of coacht folkes don't know enough to git a coaching job in the Roy Dillard Powder Puff League. Yous thinks Old Pirate is joking...............................................................................................OP ain't joking neither.................................... :roflol:

OP I'm probaly as old as you but you can't run some defenses or offenses and that's the bottom line. and Oh by the way,yes I could coach so bring it on ..