cocke county vs jefferson county

smokinjoe55

I am a Cocke County graduate and moved 300 miles away about 15 years ago. When I got up on Saturday morning and checked the Coacht scoreboard and saw 29-28, I did a double take. Cocke County beating Jefferson County is a big deal and always will be. Old guys like me from many miles away still keep up with Big Red football. I'm proud of the new coach and the kids. They are turning this thing around. Keep up the good work.

I am a Cocke County graduate and moved 300 miles away about 15 years ago. When I got up on Saturday morning and checked the Coacht scoreboard and saw 29-28, I did a double take. Cocke County beating Jefferson County is a big deal and always will be. Old guys like me from many miles away still keep up with Big Red football. I'm proud of the new coach and the kids. They are turning this thing around. Keep up the good work.

I checked this one expecting the usual Dumplin Valley gang on here bashing the coaches...obviously they are still in a state of shock over this one.

Wow, the wheels must have fallen off for JCHS. I have been trying to keep up with them as I graduated in the first class from there, but none of the regulars seem to be writing much.

As far as the rivalry, Celticsfan, I remember many HEATED games between Jeff City HS and Newport, then we won the 1st of the new series in '75 as Patriots. They had a tough running back named Chrisman that year, he was the real deal. His uncle was the head coach. I met him later at ETSU and found out he was a good guy, we usde to hate everybody from Cocke Co.

Wow, the wheels must have fallen off for JCHS. I have been trying to keep up with them as I graduated in the first class from there, but none of the regulars seem to be writing much.

As far as the rivalry, Celticsfan, I remember many HEATED games between Jeff City HS and Newport, then we won the 1st of the new series in '75 as Patriots. They had a tough running back named Chrisman that year, he was the real deal. His uncle was the head coach. I met him later at ETSU and found out he was a good guy, we usde to hate everybody from Cocke Co.

You're talking about Andy Chrisman. Andy played for his relative, Dale, the head coach. Andy had good size AND speed, and was as good in baseball as he was in football. I think the game in Newport in '76, that Cocke County won a close one, was one of the best I've ever seen.

Jefferson County is a much bigger school and has a lopsided advantage in the series. Ironically, Jefferson County's State Championship team was coached by a former Cocke County football player, Craig Kisabeth. Craig built a dynasty there and made it deep into the playoffs nearly every year......winning it all in '87 or '88.

You're talking about Andy Chrisman. Andy played for his relative, Dale, the head coach. Andy had good size AND speed, and was as good in baseball as he was in football. I think the game in Newport in '76, that Cocke County won a close one, was one of the best I've ever seen.

Jefferson County is a much bigger school and has a lopsided advantage in the series. Ironically, Jefferson County's State Championship team was coached by a former Cocke County football player, Craig Kisabeth. Craig built a dynasty there and made it deep into the playoffs nearly every year......winning it all in '87 or '88.

The rivalry with Jefferson City was much more competitive, school size and won/loss speaking. I played in the 74 and 75 games, actually had an interception as a defensive lineman in the 74 game at CCHS. It was always heated during the games, a lot of smack talk and not much love lost afterwards either. Chrisman was the real deal and a heck of a guy, too. I have a friend who coached with Dale at MoWest and spoke very highly of him, too.

Kisabeth had the Collins family and some other great athletes he motivated to be their best. It was a great time for JCHS, maybe some day they will regain the glory. I have to keep up with them here as I live in Nashville and really don't get there too much anymore. Thanks for the good memories!

I checked this one expecting the usual Dumplin Valley gang on here bashing the coaches...obviously they are still in a state of shock over this one.

First off, congrats to CC. No program needs a big win more than the big red. As to the coach bashing. not much this year. had great team until few weeks ago. At the end of this game we were playing 5 starters on defense. Injuries will make if difficult for this team to win 2 more games this year. Cobble must be wondering what the heck has happened? 6 season ending injuries. What hit JC hard is loosing the top to LB's. Loosing Smiley and Williams kills JC. every time a player falls its an acl or mcl . lost another one in first def series friday. Good luck CC. go beat the MT teams. Just throw it up to 2 and let him do his thing.

First off, congrats to CC. No program needs a big win more than the big red. As to the coach bashing. not much this year. had great team until few weeks ago. At the end of this game we were playing 5 starters on defense. Injuries will make if difficult for this team to win 2 more games this year. Cobble must be wondering what the heck has happened? 6 season ending injuries. What hit JC hard is loosing the top to LB's. Loosing Smiley and Williams kills JC. every time a player falls its an acl or mcl . lost another one in first def series friday. Good luck CC. go beat the MT teams. Just throw it up to 2 and let him do his thing.

tough break for the Pats...