cats1031

BGA vs. BA  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• BGA in Regulation
    • BGA in OT
    • BA in Regulation
    • BA in OT

Did anyone else attending the game think it odd that BGA's field was SOAKED? We haven't had rain in days, but you would have thought the midstate had suffered through a week's worth of rain. Pretty bush league on BGA's part if they did that to slow BA down. However, maybe someone accidently turned the sprinklers on for the last 10 days.

BA rolls, as most expected. I arrived early in the second quarter and left early in the fourth, and my view wasn't great. That said, BA had a dozen more athletes than the Wildcats. BGA has a scrappy bunch, and I was impressed with the resiliency of their quarterback; but they aren't talented enough to hang with the top teams in DII.

It seems that when the Wildcats play the top teams in DII (Ensworth, BA, and probably Baylor), they start flat on offense and defense. They play like they are intimidated from the first snap. BA's defense was impressive. Even without Woody Barron, they still had Amos Mason and Derek Barnett in the back field all night. Even with BGA being the most undermanned team in the division, they still tried to fight back. They still made it a respectable game by scoring 28 points even if it was against the second string. Bye week couldn't have come at a better time for the Wildcats to fix key points in the way that they play the game on both sides of the ball. Hopefully the Wildcats can bounce back against Father Ryan in 2 weeks.

BGA has a good QB and some good receivers. But please, don't act like BGA fought back to make this a game! Wasn't it 45 or 48-7 before BGA scored twice? Maybe not, but BGA is on the right track, but they were totally outmanned.

IMO, BA is a state championship caliber team. However, there is a lot of ball to be played, and BA needs to eliminate the penalties which have haunted them over the last several years. Also, they need the QB to grow up. He has skills, but a lot of room to grow.

Edited by doct

Did anyone else attending the game think it odd that BGA's field was SOAKED? We haven't had rain in days, but you would have thought the midstate had suffered through a week's worth of rain. Pretty bush league on BGA's part if they did that to slow BA down. However, maybe someone accidently turned the sprinklers on for the last 10 days.

The field was fine. Given BA outweighs BGA about 50 lbs. a man across the line wouldn't poor footing help the bigger team? I would say your moronic conspiracy theory is pretty bush league.

The field was fine. Given BA outweighs BGA about 50 lbs. a man across the line wouldn't poor footing help the bigger team? I would say your moronic conspiracy theory is pretty bush league.

Field was not fine. Slick, and ground came up with every plant. The endzone turf was torn up after warm ups. Although I don't particularly agree that it was a conspiracy, but I do completely understand that train of thought. BA is a significantly faster team, and the conditions of the field were more damaging towards a faster team.

Took his helmet off coming off the field after a TD. Ref's didn't see but I thought it was for show. I hope he is a team player.

I asked this question simply for educational purposes and by no means to stir up trouble. Didnt the young man that is the BA QB play for JPII last year? It seems I remember reading that on one of the post. How did he escape the eligibility rules where he would have to sit out a year? Do these same rules not apply to the private sector? I am sure JPII wished he had not left.

Took his helmet off coming off the field after a TD. Ref's didn't see but I thought it was for show. I hope he is a team player.

Max is everything but a hot dog. Super kid, and certainly a team player. I shouldn't have said he needs to grow up...I meant he needs to grow into the position, get more comfortable making all his reads, making quicker decisions. He will--he's green...he is going to be a great player.

I asked this question simply for educational purposes and by no means to stir up trouble. Didnt the young man that is the BA QB play for JPII last year? It seems I remember reading that on one of the post. How did he escape the eligibility rules where he would have to sit out a year? Do these same rules not apply to the private sector? I am sure JPII wished he had not left.

Don't think he saw any varsity playing time last year, and if so, he missed most of the year with an injury.

You are right--I shouldn't have said that. Sorry, I apologize to BGA. But why was the field so wet?

Do these same rules not apply to the private sector? I am sure JPII wished he had not left.

I'm pretty darn sure the rules apply to the private sector. There is such a TSSAA magnifying glass on DII football programs that schools would be pretty stupid to play an ineligible player. Have you seen the JP2 football program over the last few years?...pretty simple why a player of his caliber would leave. I assume he was hurt all last year at JP2 and didn't play. Guess that made him eligible to transfer and play right away at BA.

On another note...the BGA field was abnormally wet. Not sure if it was done on purpose, but it does make one think, BGA needed to slow down the quickness of BA and flooding a field will cause traction loss and slow down both teams.

It is absolutely absurd to say that BGA tried to sabotage their own field to get an edge on BA. If you remember correctly BGA also had to play on the same field. If BGA tried to get an edge it obviously didn't help. FYI BGA's regular grounds keeper has recently had an extended stay in the hospital so...